ADVERTISEMENT

Miners to play Kansas

Lol when the aggies announced a similar game they were challenging themselves. You shit on UTEP for playing d2 teams instead of Kansas. When they schedule Kansas it's for a weird reason. Nothing they do is right in your eyes.

"I guess. You can’t tell me though that the East Central game did any good for the team. Bryson played 25 minutes and Efe and Tydus only combined for 23 minutes. Should have gone on the road and played at Kansas or some high level team. As that game would have provided better competition and a better measuring stick, even if we would have lost by 30."

Lol when the aggies announced a similar game they were challenging themselves. You shit on UTEP for playing d2 teams instead of Kansas. When they schedule Kansas it's for a weird reason. Nothing they do is right in your eyes.

"I guess. You can’t tell me though that the East Central game did any good for the team. Bryson played 25 minutes and Efe and Tydus only combined for 23 minutes. Should have gone on the road and played at Kansas or some high level team. As that game would have provided better competition and a better measuring stick, even if we would have lost by 30."

Different when it’s at the end of an already cooked season. Not shitting on it, just pointless. Definitely better than playing a D2 team for no reason. They’re doing it just for money. Thanks for bringing up NMSU again!

Reactions: Hot For Keitha
Different when it’s at the end of an already cooked season. Not shitting on it, just pointless. Definitely better than playing a D2 team for no reason. They’re doing it just for money. Thanks for bringing up NMSU again!
Pretty sure every non power team schedules those type of games for the paycheck. Only difference is you praised the aggies and not the Miners for scheduling the same team.

Pretty sure every non power team schedules those type of games for the paycheck. Only difference is you praised the aggies and not the Miners for scheduling the same team.

Different times. Did NMSU schedule them in between their conference season and conference tournament?

Im very superstitious. I predict the Miners to schedule teams all the time. Even on the CUSA board.

Different times. Did NMSU schedule them in between their conference season and conference tournament?

Im very superstitious. I predict the Miners to schedule teams all the time. Even on the CUSA board.
It is different times. We're in the middle of a pandemic season. Look around alot of teams are scheduling mid season.

NMSU is a gad damn mess Corona and Grimace knows it, so his cognitive dissonance has gone plum loco.

Actually, this makes sense for KU considering their last previously scheduled game was this coming Saturday vs Baylor. That would give them about 2 weeks off between that game and the start of the Big 12 tournament which would be tough to stay sharp and have any sort of rhythm.

Reactions: JCorona
Actually, this makes sense for KU considering their last previously scheduled game was this coming Saturday vs Baylor. That would give them about 2 weeks off between that game and the start of the Big 12 tournament which would be tough to stay sharp and have any sort of rhythm.
Exactly why Kansas scheduled the game.

Reactions: Lil_Train
"KU coach Bill Self has said in the past couple of weeks that the decision of whether to add a 27th game came down to risk versus reward.

The risk comes from the fact that the Jayhawks will be bringing to town another team that, like hundreds more, has been navigating playing college basketball in the times of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The reward comes from the fact that KU will get another postseason tune-up and no longer have 11 days between its Big 12 finale against No. 2 Baylor on Saturday and the start of the Big 12 tournament in Kansas City, Mo., on March 10."

Reactions: unihorn
What’s wrong with doing it for the money.

It would be better if Kansas is in the top 10 when we play them.

Sac Bee.com

"UTEP's Souley Boum, Bryson Williams and Tydus Verhoeven have combined to account for 54 percent of the team's scoring this season and have scored 52 percent of all Miners points over the last five games.SOLID SOULEY: Boum has connected on 40.8 percent of the 142 3-pointers he's attempted and has made 12 of 25 over his last three games. He's also made 81.5 percent of his free throws this season.

The Jayhawks are 0-8 when they allow at least 75 points and 18-0 when they hold opponents to anything under 75 points. The Miners are 0-9 when they score 68 points or fewer and 12-1 when they exceed 68.

UTEP has dropped its last five road games, scoring 57.6 points and allowing 72.2 points during those contests. Kansas has won its last seven home games, scoring an average of 72.7 points while giving up 58.6.

DID YOU KNOW: UTEP has committed a turnover on just 15.7 percent of its possessions this season, which is the second-best rate among all CUSA teams. The Miners have turned the ball over only 10.9 times per game this season."

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article249656188.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT