ADVERTISEMENT

Minervision

LTMiner61

All Star
Apr 15, 2004
I know this subject has been beaten to death, but apparently not enough to make the resources available to change the status quo. Last night's broadcast (I use the term lightly) must have been produced by students and they hired interns that had a few too many Jell-O shots before the game to hold the cameras still and focused. Come on UTEP, you can do better.

GO MINERS!

I just shake my head and use my four letter vocabulary when there is no camera during pregame, timeouts and halftime.The screen shows the silly spinning UTEP logo with explosions so last night you miss the singing of The National Anthem by one of our cheerleaders, and seeing John Bohannon, Wayne Campbell
and Jerry Armstrong who was honored at half-time. Maybe it was my computer, but I lost the feed three times and missed a lot of minutes. For a while it seemed like the camera crew got lost and found themselves on the floor at mid-court before they discovered where they were. Also...why does the feed stop before the game ends? Last night, we were shooting free throws and "bang" it cuts off. Now you must find tune-in to get the postgame which is audio only. Don't see the interview with Morris. Why ??????????

It wasn't just your computer. I lost the feed several times as well. And the feed for 25 minutes of the game was like the players were in robotic motion. I ordered off of ODU's site last season when the Miners went over to their place and their feed was near flawless. The incompetence at Minervision knows no bounds. It pisses me off every game, the lack of quality. People say stop paying the 10 bucks, but as an out of towner, it's better than no feed at all. You would think though, that a university of UTEP's caliber, would make it a priority to put out a good product for the fans who fork over their money from month to month. At least they don't replay every GD basket scored, where you might've missed the following play. Still, I hope they can get their shit together.

For those of us who have put up with years and years of having the video board feed fed to the internet, the regular, midcourt camera angle that has been going up for the last year has been a godsend. And, they've actually added a scoreboard the last few games. That's another drastic improvement.

But, yeah there are a couple of issues. Mainly the game cutting off two seconds after the game ends in real time is one of them. Buffering is another. I'm not a computer guy. I don't understand how the feed can run smoothly in the first half, but as soon as the second half starts, it buffers every five seconds. The weird thing is that the pirated feed was markedly better than the feed on the real site. No idea how that can happen either.

Miner-lack of-vision will never change. It's an embarrassment & a waste of money & resources. Product should be canned & its administrators demoted.

I've done a little digging around before for contact info, managers, etc. I haven't found anything of significance, but if anybody else has come across some good contact info other than what's on the site, which will get you no where as I found out, post it here so that people can make their voice heard. As bad as it is, it is often the only reliable (in that it will be shown) source to watch a home game. I'd at least like an explanation for how damn inconsistently crappy the feed is.

New guy, if you're a new guy, you might want to acquaint yourself with some of the features of the fanpage. It'll tell you a little about your fellow Miner fans located in the hinterlands.

We know of what we speak.

Minervision is not what it is. Like Sweet Lou said, "It's CACA." And, I might add, a big stinking pile of it.

Originally posted by Seasonticketholder:
I hope none of you live in the El Paso area.
I know you won't admit it but im pretty sure you are unihorn. Nobody responded to your earlier rants like this because of that ut-austin screen name. You have to know that only the hardcore of the hardcore fans post on this board there is no need to preach to the choir.

Originally posted by Seasonticketholder:
I'm simply saying if you live in the El Paso area, and don't go to the games, you have no right to whine about anything.
Not everybody has the free time to go to very single home game. I know a lot of people only can make it on the weekends and can't attend weekday games.

Tonight's production was much improved. The camera operators were on their toes. We didn't get lost on floor shots. Halftime was good to see. Volume and synchronization was decent. Now, if there was only ability for replay and stat graphics...that would be icing on the cake.

I completely agree. Congrats to the crew.
They even kept the camera on the court during timeouts and halftime. But...can someone explain why they cut the feed seconds before the game ends? Again tonight...a breakaway with seconds to go and you miss the result. It's like they are losing a million dollars for every second of air time. WHY?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT