ADVERTISEMENT

Morris...

It was great having him back, had a few defensive lapses, but love that three point shooting! Boy does the team have weapons!

If teams not hitting threes I think we're in trouble. Hopefully with Winn back he can do dome dirty work inside. Also Vintage needs to hit the boards harder.

If teams not hitting threes I think we're in trouble. Hopefully with Winn back he can do dome dirty work inside. Also Vintage needs to hit the boards harder.
The good thing though, if they are not hitting their threes, they have three players that can drive to the basket and create their own shot or get fouled.

I know it was his first real game, but in my opinion Winn did not look aggressive under the boards and fouled too much.

disagree about Winn a lot of his fouls were him trying to close out to fast, and position. He was trying a bit to hard to work the board and knocked the ball away when we had it. I think a lot of that is rust. He did show flashes like his across the lane cut and scoop shot (he got fouled pretty hard). I don't think he has much of an outside shot and he looks smaller than advertised, (I though he was more of a banger) but he has a rebounders attitude and works hard. Can't say I was impressed by his game but wasn't disappointed either.

disagree about Winn a lot of his fouls were him trying to close out to fast, and position. He was trying a bit to hard to work the board and knocked the ball away when we had it. I think a lot of that is rust. He did show flashes like his across the lane cut and scoop shot (he got fouled pretty hard). I don't think he has much of an outside shot and he looks smaller than advertised, (I though he was more of a banger) but he has a rebounders attitude and works hard. Can't say I was impressed by his game but wasn't disappointed either.
I agree with what you stated. "Can't say I was impressed by his game but wasn't disappointed either ". If we need Winn for rebounding, he needs to keep from fouling so much. He needs to stay in the game. He had a lot of fouls in very limited minutes. I agree his flash across the lane was a great move and he did get fouled, but he didn't finish the layup.

Well honestLy I was not impressed with Wynn at all! ....I like Thomas and jones and probably romaine a lot better! ...I think this game may be typical this year...I think we are gonna wear teams out with our depth which is nice to say....the miners were very active on defense and outside the point position there was very little if any drop off on the court when there were subs....I think that is gonna wear a lot of teams down over 40 minutes

Reactions: mikesarabia
Another thing noticed last night is we ran a bit of a full court press a few times and half court trap as well. With our depth I think this is a great adjustment. I think this is going to play into our game plan a lot this year be cause we have so many interchangeable parts out front. We have depth outside, but realize Floyd always plays a lot of players early in the season and after Sun Bowl tourney time starts to cut min and settles on about 7-9 players. I wonder if he is going to do this this year as we are loaded in the backcourt. One player that seems to go un-noticed is Flaggert he is going to play more of a role on this team than I think we see now. He is very versatile and can do a lot more than hit the set up three. I can't wait to see how these guy look in Corpus next week, if they win that Tourney we may be in for a good run.

Another thing noticed last night is we ran a bit of a full court press a few times and half court trap as well. With our depth I think this is a great adjustment. I think this is going to play into our game plan a lot this year be cause we have so many interchangeable parts out front. We have depth outside, but realize Floyd always plays a lot of players early in the season and after Sun Bowl tourney time starts to cut min and settles on about 7-9 players. I wonder if he is going to do this this year as we are loaded in the backcourt. One player that seems to go un-noticed is Flaggert he is going to play more of a role on this team than I think we see now. He is very versatile and can do a lot more than hit the set up three. I can't wait to see how these guy look in Corpus next week, if they win that Tourney we may be in for a good run.
Good post, I agree that after the Corpus tournament and if they win it, could be a special year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT