ADVERTISEMENT

MTSU game

Have a good trip, hope they win for you. I don't see it happening though. Team isn't good in general but they are awful on the road. Hope they surprise me.

Reactions: LTMiner61
I think you’ll be witness to a split.
Hopefully. MTSU is really a team that I like, and I kind of wish Golding would pattern his recruiting to what McDevitt has brought in. He gets long, athletic guys who can defend without needing any help. Lenard is a great athlete and an outstanding shot blocker as a guard/ forward. The difference this year is that they really didn't replace their point guards from last year. Still a very good team. If they are making just a decent number of their threes, it's pretty much over. At the same time, if UTEP can generate a ton of turnovers into points (and limit threes) they have a decent shot. I like their chances more against WKU.

Hopefully. MTSU is really a team that I like, and I kind of wish Golding would pattern his recruiting to what McDevitt has brought in. He gets long, athletic guys who can defend without needing any help. Lenard is a great athlete and an outstanding shot blocker as a guard/ forward. The difference this year is that they really didn't replace their point guards from last year. Still a very good team. If they are making just a decent number of their threes, it's pretty much over. At the same time, if UTEP can generate a ton of turnovers into points (and limit threes) they have a decent shot. I like their chances more against WKU.
Yep, I agree. I kinda think MTSU will kick our ass, then think we’ll be due for a decent offensive game and get the win against an underwhelming WKU team.

Yep, I agree. I kinda think MTSU will kick our ass, then think we’ll be due for a decent offensive game and get the win against an underwhelming WKU team.
MTSU has had some WTF games. Beat Rice twice, lost to Charlotte. Lost to UTSA and FIU, beat UAB by 1 at home. Who knows what to expect.
It would be nice to get a road sweep! Good momentum builder for the second half of the season.

Beating them would be huge for me. A former neighbor and friend of mine in El Paso now lives in Murfreesboro. Seems like they whip us in basketball and football every time.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
MTSU has had some WTF games. Beat Rice twice, lost to Charlotte. Lost to UTSA and FIU, beat UAB by 1 at home. Who knows what to expect.
It would be nice to get a road sweep! Good momentum builder for the second half of the season.
Spot on. This is a “let’s see who shows up?” type game. I predict UTEP winning because a comet will cross American Night skies tomorrow night during the game and not seen since my big brow uncle tried to sell fire and mammoth ribs to his cave neighbors.https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/31/world/green-comet-c-2022-e3-watch-scn/index.html

Against UNT, Golding played a shorter bench than usual. We didn't see Sibley or Hamilton, and Kalu had 4 minutes. MT is really good inside. I think we'll see a different rotation of bigs tomorrow and a deeper bench. Coach Cox is gonna have our bigs working hard under the basket.
Blue Smurfs 53
Flyin" Miners 69

Last edited:
I just watched part of the 2nd half of the MTSU@FIU game from last Saturday. I couldn't stand to watch more than 10 minutes because both teams were awful. The game was half speed compared to a Miner game. MTSU is prone to steals and fouls.
I'm changing my prediction to 69-53 Miners.
MTSU is uninspired and the Miner D is gonna eat them up.

OMG! A Nationally Televised Game!! How freaking exciting!!!

OMG! A Nationally Televised Game!! How freaking exciting!!!

efa87701-ec28-4fda-a503-8814d5eca0ab_text.gif

...stay positive.

giphy.gif

Since I live in Nashville, I've decided to attend Thursday's game and then on Saturday take the hour and half drive north to see the Miners play WKU. Anybody else going?

GO MINERS!
Looks like a sparse crowd tonight…maybe I can out yell all of them. I don’t see Golding anywhere. Anyone know what’s up?

UPDATE: NVM Coach showed🤓

Last edited:
I don't understand what MTSU is doing hitting these shots beyond the arc. After watching the Miners this season I thought shots from out there were supposed to be air balls or clank off the rim.

• Haha
Reactions: Lil_Train
A very underwhelming game so far for UTEP,
Halftime STATS:
TEAM STATS
i
i
FG13-2617-33
Field Goal %50.051.5
3PT0-43-11
Three Point %0.027.3
FT5-61-3