ADVERTISEMENT

My Giants picked Will

Best of luck to Will. Way cool. He'll be plowing over defenders to make running room for Saquon Barkley. The Giants O is looking scary. Alas...they still have mouth-breather at QB.
Cowboys haters can eat my shorts.

Best of luck to Will. Way cool. He'll be plowing over defenders to make running room for Saquon Barkley. The Giants O is looking scary. Alas...they still have mouth-breather at QB.
Cowboys haters can eat my shorts.
Think I’ll pass Cowboys suck forever.

One NFL draft blogger graded the G-men draft for 1st, 2nd & 3rd rounds an A-.
W.H. graded an A. Barkley an A-.
A subjective viewpoint but a lot of people watch & read this for wagering purposes and sheer fan interest among other things.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
One NFL draft blogger graded the G-men draft for 1st, 2nd & 3rd rounds an A-.
W.H. graded an A. Barkley an A-.
A subjective viewpoint but a lot of people watch & read this for wagering purposes and sheer fan interest among other things.

As a Cowboy fan, I fear the potential implications this combo could have on the NFC East for years to come. Good for Will, but dammit, man!

EDIT: I just read the quotes above and realized I basically reiterated what 661 said. Apologies for the echo.

Some teams passed on a beast of an O lineman and just as good as the OG from Notre Dame and all just because he played at UTEP. The OG from Nevada who went right before Will is a head scratcher but hey, so be it.

As a Cowboy fan, I fear the potential implications this combo could have on the NFC East for years to come. Good for Will, but dammit, man!

EDIT: I just read the quotes above and realized I basically reiterated what 661 said. Apologies for the echo.
It could get worse if Dez ends up there also.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Very happy for big Will. Wished my Cowboys had picked him up, but I’ll be cheering for him. Hope he has a great career in the NFL!

Reactions: axingfools1
And once again, the Cowboys draft a linebacker in the first two rounds that they could have gotten in the 4th or later.

I like how Dallas is giving G5 players a shot at the NFL. Drafted from Boise St, Utah St, Colorado St, and now WKU.

Reactions: HeWore62
And once again, the Cowboys draft a linebacker in the first two rounds that they could have gotten in the 4th or later.

What? Vander Esch was high on many teams' draft boards, including NE. He would most certainly not have been available in rounds 4 or later, and probably would not have fallen into the 2nd. That was a very solid pick by Dallas. Was it flashy, like many fans wanted? Nope. He fills a glaring need at the LB position, particularly since Hitchens bolted.

What? Vander Esch was high on many teams' draft boards, including NE. He would most certainly not have been available in rounds 4 or later, and probably would not have fallen into the 2nd. That was a very solid pick by Dallas. Was it flashy, like many fans wanted? Nope. He fills a glaring need at the LB position, particularly since Hitchens bolted.
Esch is a bad ass. I'm jealous as a Tampa fan. He has the potential to be a Urlacher. Just unheard of.

Reactions: miner661
If anyone is interested in the contract details for Will.

https://overthecap.com/player/will-hernandez/6919/
If anyone is interested in the contract details for Will.

https://overthecap.com/player/will-hernandez/6919/

Am pleased for Will, of course, but this is not so much money he can afford to be foolish and frivolous. New York will present all manner of temptations for a kid with new money.

Please, no posse. No luxury car that will depreciate the instant he drives it off the lot. No penthouse suite with hot and cold running hookers.

I hope Will keeps the circle tight, and wisely manages this finite resource. NFL -- not for long.

Am pleased for Will, of course, but this is not so much money he can afford to be foolish and frivolous. New York will present all manner of temptations for a kid with new money.

Please, no posse. No luxury car that will depreciate the instant he drives it off the lot. No penthouse suite with hot and cold running hookers.

I hope Will keeps the circle tight, and wisely manages this finite resource. NFL -- not for long.
There is absolutely nothing concrete to show Will rolls like that. As a matter a fact, he strikes me as a fuddy duddy. That special "mijo" that is the favorite one with abuelita, but I've never met him.

There is absolutely nothing concrete to show Will rolls like that. As a matter a fact, he strikes me as a fuddy duddy. That special "mijo" that is the favorite one with abuelita, but I've never met him.
You are correct about Will, so far. But money changes the earth's rotation on its axis. I know ... well ... because, just yesterday, I found a dime on the sidewalk.

Will got a $7.4 million total contract, with $5.5 million guaranteed. I believe that Will made a WHOLE LOT more money by returning for his Senior year, compared to if he had come out early after his Junior year and been a mid/late round pick. The guaranteed money for a draft pick starting in round 3 is only $756k(per the article below), Will improved himself to a 2nd round pick and got $5.5 million. I am thrilled that his decision and everything worked out best for him!

Article on last year's draft contract values:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/nfl-draft-contract-values-2017-4

You are correct about Will, so far. But money changes the earth's rotation on its axis. I know ... well ... because, just yesterday, I found a dime on the sidewalk.
Well, at least it wasn't Russian mob money.:p

Will grew up in Vegas. Im sure there was some temptation there. No matter what team he went to there would be temptation. He just needs to not hangout with Odell which i dont think will happened. But will seems like a smart kid and he wont get into bad habbits.

What Will just proved that you can make the NFL on a 0-12 team. Not only make it but be a 2nd round pick. Thats why i dont understand why players go to Bama and Texas. When they could get playing time on a mid major team and still make NFL.

What Will just proved that you can make the NFL on a 0-12 team. Not only make it but be a 2nd round pick. Thats why i dont understand why players go to Bama and Texas. When they could get playing time on a mid major team and still make NFL.

Because bama (12 drafted, 4 in the first round) and UT (44 first rounders tied for 8th most) have shown consistency with the 1st round and overall picks.

Also being able to point to those stats I’m sure would help any university

Because bama (12 drafted, 4 in the first round) and UT (44 first rounders tied for 8th most) have shown consistency with the 1st round and overall picks.

Also being able to point to those stats I’m sure would help any university

In the first 2 rounds you players picked from

Wyoming
UTSA
Boise ST
San Diego St
UCF
UTEP
Nevada
SMU
South Dakota State
Memphis
Sam Houston State

I think its showing that if you are a 3 or 4 star player you don't always have to go to a stack up team like Bama or Ohio STate. You going to have to wait like 2 or 3 years to get a shot. Instead of going to Florida State or Florida go to FAU or UCF and get the same exposure. Start playing right away . Will was a 2 star player with I think UTEP was his only offer. I think we going to start see a lot more player getting drafted in top 3 rounds from mid major programs.

Actually Will had good looks from big schools (USC I think was really interested) but had trouble qualifying is the story I heard on the radio a couple years ago. However Kug was on him early and stayed with him.

Looks like he's taking in NYC just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT