ADVERTISEMENT

My tribute to McSwiggan signing with UTEP

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
"Lemmy is god"

a1bd3ca89c626b6d6daff1a83c75d3c9.jpg

Lemmy is an English rock musician. He's the lead singer of the old rock band Motorhead. Josh McSwiggan is an English basketball player. He's a much younger kid from a generation who probably has no earthly clue whom Lemmy is or about Motorhead.
This post was edited on 4/16 5:00 PM by miner661

Poor taste? Naw, Europeans are much more sophisticated than Americans when it comes to culture. We're Puritanical and backward compared to the rest of the world.

Watch a few episodes of the Benny Hill Show

....then ask me that again.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

miner1liner

This is one of the greatest tribute songs ever written to (war) veterans by Motorhead. This is why people actually think highly of Lemmy (English vets are very near and dear to his heart).

I guess I'm too old.

I'll bet you lunch he damn well knows who Lemmy is! Europeans know and appreciate rock n' roll way more than americans do.

Originally posted by utep2step:

I'll bet you lunch he damn well knows who Lemmy is! Europeans know and appreciate rock n' roll way more than americans do.
Then why is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame located in Cleveland and not in London? The Beatles and Rolling Stones are a few of the greatest, but The King of Rock and Roll is a red blooded American hero and legend. America, with its musical roots tied to jazz and blues, is the birthplace of Rock and Roll. England has very well contributed to the enhancement and development of the genre, which has since branched off into many directions.

Lemmy tell you something about British hard rock. Nobody cared about it until this guy showed up.

5152577628_3a5e40928c_b.jpg

LOL! Amen

To bad he left rock to play medieval music. Oh well, if made your millions (and royalties) and have a hot wife who loves what you do...why not?

Re: LOL! Amen

Ah, you know your rock gods my friend. Incidentally, Deep Purple will be playing in Juarez on June 7th. Ian Gilliam and Roger Glover are heading up the band now.

Perfect Strangers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT