ADVERTISEMENT

N. Texas will go undefeated

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
N. TEXAS and QB Fine look impressive. I don't see anyone in the schedule tripping them up. Very rare to see Mid Major team go to a SEC Team's House and Blow em out! I live in the DFW area now and plan to go to a game or two. I wish the Utep game was up here, but I may go down this weekend to catch what might be our only chance at a win all year. Also note how bad N. Texas was and how far they've come. Proves it can be done at Utep.

Reactions: miner1liner
It's an impressive win. Arkansas is terrible but one the less it was good win. I think UNT will win 10 games but I think they will stub their toe once or twice along the way.

It's an impressive win. Arkansas is terrible but one the less it was good win. I think UNT will win 10 games but I think they will stub their toe once or twice along the way.
I'm basing it in all 3 games. They looked as impressive against SMU as TCU did. Not saying they're as good, but they've been the best CUSA team, by a mile!

N. TEXAS and QB Fine look impressive. I don't see anyone in the schedule tripping them up. Very rare to see Mid Major team go to a SEC Team's House and Blow em out! I live in the DFW area now and plan to go to a game or two. I wish the Utep game was up here, but I may go down this weekend to catch what might be our only chance at a win all year. Also note how bad N. Texas was and how far they've come. Proves it can be done at Utep.

If you’re a UTEP fan, why would you go and support UNT? Unless they’re playing a big time school, seems like you’re not a real fan.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
If you’re a UTEP fan, why would you go and support UNT? Unless they’re playing a big time school, seems like you’re not a real fan.
Been going to Utep games since 86 and supporting Utep Financially since 2000. What have you done? I love football and root for the little guys and CUSA teams in Uteps Conference. I said I'm coming down for the NMSU game and I wish Miners were playing up here. Apparently you misunderstood or are just an Idiot! Either way, this will be the one and only time I respond to you. Enjoy your Sunday Troll!

N. TEXAS and QB Fine look impressive. I don't see anyone in the schedule tripping them up. Very rare to see Mid Major team go to a SEC Team's House and Blow em out! I live in the DFW area now and plan to go to a game or two.

No mention of UTEP, just UNT and you planning on going to their games. Fake news I guess?

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
Sure looks like it. After La. Tech and after last three weeks, they look good. But, the opponents are having down years and they didn't know Arkansas would look as bad as Ark.-Pine Bluff. Liberty is not a bad team and is looking to a make a big splash in FBS their first year like UTSA and ODU did when they joined the FBS. Oh, those days of "illusions of grandeur", right UTSA and ODU?

They win next two, they could go undefeated.

They are our conference mates. Their success reflects positively on the rest of the conference. Their success is an example that a turnaround is possible in a school that isn't used to winning.

Cool, so as long as the ticket is free then someone can go support another team that’s not UTEP without judgment from the board.

I never passed judgement on anybody.

I said: "Do you root for every basketball team that UTEP plays, when they aren't playing UTEP, to win?"

I agree, Arkansas is bad. We saw a very bad Tennessee team and came close, lol! North Texas got some breaks.

I agree, Arkansas is bad. We saw a very bad Tennessee team and came close, lol! North Texas got some breaks.
Vols gave us breaks. Dimel needs to teach to capitalize on them. I know his days are over but Price preached on going for a home run when the opponent coughs up the ball. You take the momentum and go for the big play. Kugler would run a half back draw every time.

Vols gave us breaks. Dimel needs to teach to capitalize on them. I know his days are over but Price preached on going for a home run when the opponent coughs up the ball. You take the momentum and go for the big play. Kugler would run a half back draw every time.

Not possible with Locksley under center. Any d-coordinator with eyes will load the box with 8 men and make Locksley beat them with his arm knowing full well he cant. We dont need a great qb just someone who can complete a 10 yard out and hit open receivers.

Not possible with Locksley under center. Any d-coordinator with eyes will load the box with 8 men and make Locksley beat them with his arm knowing full well he cant. We dont need a great qb just someone who can complete a 10 yard out and hit open receivers.
Yeah, UTEP is not consistently there, yet. That blown wheel route is a great example; along with the over the head screen passes.

Yeah, UTEP is not consistently there, yet. That blown wheel route is a great example; along with the over the head screen passes.

I think the most egregious miss was the deep ball to Busey. He had five steps on the db and all Locksley had to was a ball with a little touch and he catches it in endzone. Instead he throws one short and behind him the receiver has to stop and db break it up.

Reminds of legend John Elway. His first two years were "oh, no!" but the rest is history. However, he was notorious through out his career for throwing 100 mph fast balls for short yardage plays when a defender was no where near.

I think all agree UNT has is their lucked turned around. However, I still expect UTEP to play well and try to beat any CUSA school. That expectation should be there, good or bad years. El Paso lowers the bar for UTEP football but are totally opposite for basketball. It should be high for both.

I think the most egregious miss was the deep ball to Busey. He had five steps on the db and all Locksley had to was a ball with a little touch and he catches it in endzone. Instead he throws one short and behind him the receiver has to stop and db break it up.
Agreed, but Busey was the one he overthrew by 5 yards and also 2 yards out of bounds down the left sideline. Busey had his man beat. The one you are talking about was Foster running parallel to the endzone I think? The throw was late and a bit short. Also that wheel route to Wadley was wide open too. Any of these could have possible resulted in TDs.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT