ADVERTISEMENT

NAU kick off time

KaneFan29

Starter
Jan 8, 2018
Just saw the CUSA tv schedule. 530pm kickoff for NAU??? It’s not even on real TV. Whose decision is this? Still really hot in September, this is outrageous.

Better yet The Mountie’s taser:
sMylaZS.gif

Does 30 minutes earlier really make that much of a difference? Last year the home opener had a 6pm kickoff.

Reactions: utep2step
The following week kickoff was at 8pm and a nearby P5 team was in town and attendance didn’t improve much.

Well we’ve had 6pm kickoffs in September since 2011. IMO starting 30 minutes earlier isn’t that big of a deal. What’s the difference it would be 91 degrees at 530 and 90.5 degrees at 6pm?

Compare the attendance of those games to the kickofffs with later times. There in lies the answer.

The change in kick off time is just one more thing for people to complain about and use as an excuse to not go to the game. We know it is 30 minutes earlier 3 months in advance. Plan ahead people.

If you were Senter you would be kicking off this game at 530 then?

I think maybe Senter wanted to try out a new time slot. With games running over 3.5 hours for some families with small children it could be difficult being out in the streets close to 10pm.

Maybe it has the opposite effect and more families with young children attend the game.

Reactions: minermx07
I think maybe Senter wanted to try out a new time slot. With games running over 3.5 hours for some families with small children it could be difficult being out in the streets close to 10pm.

Maybe it has the opposite effect and more families with young children attend the game.

It's a Saturday and not a school night.

The Chihuahuas games start at 7 P.M. and they don't have a problem attracting young fans.

It's a Saturday and not a school night.

The Chihuahuas games start at 7 P.M. and they don't have a problem attracting young fans.
Some parents don’t want to have their infant or toddlers out on a Saturday night.

Some parents don’t want to have their infant or toddlers out on a Saturday night.

Well those people aren't going to magically show up because of a 5:30 start time.

At 6:00 the sun is at least starting to set. At 5:30 all the fans are going to be roasting.

Well those people aren't going to magically show up because of a 5:30 start time.

At 6:00 the sun is at least starting to set. At 5:30 all the fans are going to be roasting.
They might they might not. That might not be the reason why Senter decided to go with 530 kickoffs. It was a suggestion I made.

Like I mentioned above the temperature might be one degree cooler at 6pm. The sun sets around 730 in September so there’s not much of a difference.

Try attending a game at Oklahoma with a 230pm kickoff time with no sun set in sight then get back to me about roasting.

Reactions: minerfan_14
They might they might not. That might not be the reason why Senter decided to go with 530 kickoffs. It was a suggestion I made.

Like I mentioned above the temperature might be one degree cooler at 6pm. The sun sets around 730 in September so there’s not much of a difference.

Try attending a game at Oklahoma with a 230pm kickoff time with no sun set in sight then get back to me about roasting.

Oklahoma could start their games at 2:30 or Midnight or 7 A.M. and they will get fans.

UTEP needs to do everything they can to get more fans. This is one more way to keep fans from the games.

Reactions: KaneFan29
Oklahoma could start their games at 2:30 or Midnight or 7 A.M. and they will get fans.

UTEP needs to do everything they can to get more fans. This is one more way to keep fans from the games.
So it’s not about the weather anymore? You seem to act like it’s a fact this will keep fans away. Until the ticket sales are in we don’t know. It could lead to more people, it could stay the same, or it could drop attendance.

I went to the UTEP at OU game in 2000. I drank two pitchers of Coors Light, guzzled a couple more brewskies in their entertainment district across from campus. I was feeling no pain. I get to the stadium and it shows 103 degrees on the video board, muggy and not a breeze to be felt and to top it off a couple of OU fans were trying to start crap with me. Kick off was six MST. Somehow I was able to literally keep it all together and right before kick off I told myself "Today was a good day".

Reactions: minerfan_14
I went to the UTEP at OU game in 2000. I drank two pitchers of Coors Light, guzzled a couple more brewskies in their entertainment district across from campus. I was feeling no pain. I get to the stadium and it shows 103 degrees on the video board, muggy and not a breeze to be felt and to top it off a couple of OU fans were trying to start crap with me. Kick off was six MST. Somehow I was able to literally keep it all together and right before kick off I told myself "Today was a good day".
I was in Norman last year for the UTEP game. It was unbearable. My iPhone turned off from overheating. Which sucked cuz I wanted to tweet from the stadium. That’s is the only time I’ve ever had a phone automatically turn off and stay off due to the temperature.

So it’s not about the weather anymore? You seem to act like it’s a fact this will keep fans away. Until the ticket sales are in we don’t know. It could lead to more people, it could stay the same, or it could drop attendance.

I think the 5:30 start will keep some fans at home. I also think the game streaming online will also keep some fans at home. I predict around 30,000 fans to show up.

Just saw the CUSA tv schedule. 530pm kickoff for NAU??? It’s not even on real TV. Whose decision is this? Still really hot in September, this is outrageous.
Senter is having a press conference on June 13th. The 5:30 kickoff is clearly a Senter move that is different....wonder if the TV media notices and asks....but I doubt it....

Reactions: carimflow
It’s
it’s always a good day with beer and football

So NAU is bringing their band and a bunch of fans. I doubt they'll complain about 30 minutes of El Paso sun when they're from Flagstaff. The hype and hope around this game should bring in fans, especially since it's also "Spirit Night" so families will show to watch their kids perform at halftime.

7pm games were great. But with kids an extra hour later makes a huge difference. I am glad they moved them to 6.

Someone tell all this to the fan council. Six PM starts seem to be preferred. If we change from that, we'd better be getting a very sweet tv deal out of it. Senter needs to learn what the fans want.

So a couple of you prefer 6 pm games because of your kids. I prefer 7/730 games because I don't want my super white family to be baking in the sun until the sun goes down. (I have a 6 year old)
And if the past is any indication, most El Pasoans prefer a later start time because a LOT of El Pasoans work on Saturdays. Also, those that don't work may prefer running errands before gametime instead of tailgating.

I'll put my money on the game times being switched next year.

So NAU is bringing their band and a bunch of fans. I doubt they'll complain about 30 minutes of El Paso sun when they're from Flagstaff. The hype and hope around this game should bring in fans, especially since it's also "Spirit Night" so families will show to watch their kids perform at halftime.

Have you ever been to Flagstaff? Not even close to Phoenix and El Paso weather.

Have you ever been to Flagstaff? Not even close to Phoenix and El Paso weather.

Grandma was forcibly relocated to a Yaqui reservation in Arizona. Later relocated to Flagstaff where dad was born. Not the hellhole Yuma is (still don't get how my cousin lives there), but still a dry pain. Winters get cold though.

Grandma was forcibly relocated to a Yaqui reservation in Arizona. Later relocated to Flagstaff where dad was born. Not the hellhole Yuma is (still don't get how my cousin lives there), but still a dry pain. Winters get cold though.

I know you said you have family in Flagstaff but using Yuma in the same sentence leads me to question whether you have ever visited. While dry in the summer, it is mild in temperature. 85 is a hot day. 80 is the average high during July and August. The evenings are usually on the cool side. It is an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. Just visited 3 weeks ago and had a great few days there.

They even have a ski resort and get more snow than almost any incorporated city in the country during the winter. It may well not be your cup of tea but Flagstaff and hellhole certainly don’t belong in the same sentence.

Senter is having a press conference on June 13th. The 5:30 kickoff is clearly a Senter move that is different....wonder if the TV media notices and asks....but I doubt it....

Someone tell all this to the fan council. Six PM starts seem to be preferred. If we change from that, we'd better be getting a very sweet tv deal out of it. Senter needs to learn what the fans want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT