ADVERTISEMENT

NC A&T

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Ok Diggers; pick a player or players that step up with double digits to help Williams share the load in this game. Each of these guys have done so, but not recently or regularly.
Lathon?
Edwards?
Boum?
Efe?
Hawkins?
Maybe one of these surprises us.
Stroud?
Tarke?
Archie?
Vila?
Considering the quality of the opponent, will this be another UAPB game or will we see something more like Highlands, Eastern NM or East Central?

Ok Diggers; pick a player or players that step up with double digits to help Williams share the load in this game. Each of these guys have done so, but not recently or regularly.
Lathon?
Edwards?
Boum?
Efe?
Hawkins?
Maybe one of these surprises us.
Stroud?
Tarke?
Archie?
Vila?
Considering the quality of the opponent, will this be another UAPB game or will we see something more like Highlands, Eastern NM or East Central?
Edwards and Efe.

Reactions: miner1liner
Hawkins with 16 pts, 8 assists and 4 steals.

Terry said this team will play zone for 40 minutes, so hopefully Edwards can get going again.

Archie seems like a player who "woo's" people in practice by hitting pretty shots, but doesn't know how to translate that to a game with real defenders in his face

Yep. And his previous career of 33% from 3 and his 45% overall fg percentage looks absolutely golden right about now.
Yeah Coach Terry; get "Radical", Live on the edge, Take a joy ride, Put a whammy in your Toddy, Pull out all the stops....Just go bazerk!
Let some of your celebrated recruits get out on the court. Let's see what we've got!

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Sorry to say but there is a reason why Tarke isn't playing, and it's not because he is in the dog house. I dont know the exact issue, but he is obviously not living up to expectations. I mean the SF position is literally up for grabs on this team right now. I can almost guarentee that Terry and staff are eyeing another young big right now.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Sorry to say but there is a reason why Tarke isn't playing, and it's not because he is in the dog house. I dont know the exact issue, but he is obviously not living up to expectations. I mean the SF position is literally up for grabs on this team right now. I can almost guarentee that Terry and staff are eyeing another young big right now.
You may be right, but if he is eyeing someone he's not in the locker room right now

Reactions: Lil_Train
You may be right, but if he is eyeing someone he's not in the locker room right now
Right. I don't see that impact big on the roster at this time, including the guys coming in next year (McGriff, Onyema, and Kennedy). I think getting a veteran shooter should be on Terry's list as well. Of course, that would mean a couple of more of the current group would need to leave.

Yeah, no doubt.

But CRT is gonna have to find depth somewhere as we’re about to play 5 games from Monday to Monday.

I’m particularly concerned about Edwards and his “incurable bone disease” and the strain that many games might put on his foot. Hope Terry uses him wisely. Cannot afford to lose him.

Last edited:
Wasn't our power rating in the 300s the past couple of years. This quick turnaround has been phenomenal

Yeah, no doubt.

But CRT is gonna have to find depth somewhere as we’re about to play 5 games from Monday to Monday.

I’m particularly concerned about Edwards and his “incurable bone disease” and the strain that many games might put on his foot. Hope Terry uses him wisely. Cannot afford to lose him.
I agree and I hope we can find a little better depth too, but it's not uncommon for coaches to only play 6-7 players regularly all year. This may end up being Terry's approach this year.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I agree and I hope we can find a little better depth too, but it's not uncommon for coaches to only play 6-7 players regularly all year. This may end up being Terry's approach this year.

I’ll agree with that but it’s not uncommon that when you only go 6-7 deep, you exit the post season lickity split.

I’ll agree with that but it’s not uncommon that when you only go 6-7 deep, you exit the post season lickity split.
Well not necessarily. I think it happens more often in the post season actually.

Either way Coog, I think we both agree UTEP could use some more depth and there may be some players being underutilized. Personally I would like to see more of Hawkins and Stroud. Right now I'm trying to trust Terry to do what he thinks is best.

Well not necessarily. I think it happens more often in the post season actually.

Either way Coog, I think we both agree UTEP could use some more depth and there may be some players being underutilized. Personally I would like to see more of Hawkins and Stroud. Right now I'm trying to trust Terry to do what he thinks is best.

I agree with you again. In the post season it’s not uncommon to whittle the rotation down to it’s bare bones, however, rarely does a team go 6-7 deep through the whole season and into the post season.

Haskins was a master at utilizing everyone he had. Not because he had this roster of fully developed talent but because he knew how long and grinding the season was.

A great example was Antonio Davis as a freshman. He was so damn raw. Shot under 35% from the floor...as a big man. Shot under 45% from the stripe. Just sucked at times. But was good for a couple rebounds a game, several fouls on the interior, giving guys a breather and bailing us out against AZ because he had played 8-10 minutes a game and had game time experience when it counted. His teams were full of multiple role players averaging 10 minutes or so a game.

We do want the same thing, you and I. However I just don’t think we can get there using 6-7 guys night in and night out for a whole season and into the post season. I just don’t. I’m all for using our go to guys in crunch time, but they will wear the **** out the way Terry wants them to play defense if we don’t get some other bodies on the floor. As far as trust goes, I’m still on the fence about whether CRT is a good Xs and Os coach. Not convinced either way yet. Sure seems stubborn at times. Just my .02 worth.

Ronald Jackson 6-8 F and senior is their leading scorer and rebounder.

They had some quick guards and athletic gigs. They just seem to run out of steam.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT