ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA College Baseball Playoffs CUSA 3 and NMSU

Rocketsr

MI VIP
Sep 8, 2001
NMSU has made the tournament and CUSA has 3 representatives. S.Miss, East Carolina, and Florida Atlantic.

NMSU has made the tournament and CUSA has 3 representatives. S.Miss, East Carolina, and Florida Atlantic.
Thank heavens the baseball team in now in CUSA. They too can probably slobber knock the shit out of the UTEP football team and/or throw a 35 yard TD strike with seconds left in the 4th quarters in blown double coverage.

Sorry, those were some Mike Price games that I personally wanted him fired right there, on the spot.

Reactions: axingfools1
So I made a mistake Mr shovel of Crap.
Sorry. I forgot to bow down to you and say you re the greatest UTEP fan on the board. Maybe you ask the moderator to change you from All Star Fool to Greatest UTEP fan of all time.
I would make a bet that I have been to more UTEP games in my lifetime already than you will ever attend. Of course I did not say NMSU because I am sure you have been to more than any on this board would ever attend.

So I made a mistake Mr shovel of Crap.
Sorry. I forgot to bow down to you and say you re the greatest UTEP fan on the board.

I am not the greatest, but probably the smartest fan on the board. At least I know that ECU isn’t in the same conference as UTEP and hasn’t been for many years.

Reactions: El Paso 1
I don't think UTEP ever made the Tourney when they had a baseball team, did they?

I'd have to look it up. Over 30 years later (literally almost two generations) it feels like a dream that UTEP ever had a baseball program. Since no one attended the games it'd be difficult to find anyone around who was actually there

I'd have to look it up. Over 30 years later (literally almost two generations) it feels like a dream that UTEP ever had a baseball program. Since no one attended the games it'd be difficult to find anyone around who was actually there
My other school, Northwestern, has never been to the NCAA baseball tourney, and they have been playing baseball all this time. And they've had some good players over the years, including Joe Girardi and some other players in the Majors (J. A. Happ had a 20-win season with the Blue Jays in 2016). But they don't have any NCAA tourney appearances to show for it.

They say the Big Ten really isn't a baseball conference, since it's considered a warm-weather sport more befitting of the likes of the Big 12 and SEC (and Conference USA has had some good teams over the years).

If baseball is truly a warm-weather sport, then in theory it should be a good fit for a school like UTEP. Hell, if NMSU can make the NCAA tourney but cold-weather Northwestern has never made it, there might just be something to that advantage.

The thing is, UTEP can't afford to add new sports and they're never going to drop track and field to make room (too much tradition).

Reactions: Cube Jack
My other school, Northwestern, has never been to the NCAA baseball tourney, and they have been playing baseball all this time. And they've had some good players over the years, including Joe Girardi and some other players in the Majors (J. A. Happ had a 20-win season with the Blue Jays in 2016). But they don't have any NCAA tourney appearances to show for it.

They say the Big Ten really isn't a baseball conference, since it's considered a warm-weather sport more befitting of the likes of the Big 12 and SEC (and Conference USA has had some good teams over the years).

If baseball is truly a warm-weather sport, then in theory it should be a good fit for a school like UTEP. Hell, if NMSU can make the NCAA tourney but cold-weather Northwestern has never made it, there might just be something to that advantage.

The thing is, UTEP can't afford to add new sports and they're never going to drop track and field to make room (too much tradition).

I really love baseball. I even attended a UTEP baseball camp in 1981 when I was still a little league player myself (actually rough since most of the others there were in jr. high). Today I see how the economics work and how it won't be back anytime soon. EPCC plays to empty stadiums. UTEP would have to add another women's sport which means introducing TWO non-revenue sports. The people who asked for it at recent town hall meetings all got the same answer .

The most aggravating "solution" is when people state that UTEP should drop football for baseball. A sellout at Southwest University Park is under 10,000. To have 10,000 at the Sun Bowl would cause an uproar of "no one":attending the game. Not to mention that football teams are much bigger than baseball teams so Title IX is again an issue.

That's bad! You don't know that East Carolina is not in CUSA anymore? You should be banned, seriously! Embarrassing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT