ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA MBB RPI Week 7

Re: NCAA MBB RPI Week 7...WTF?!

UTEP is at 65 and previous rank was 63. ODU is unchanged. LT went down two notches as well.

Re: NCAA MBB RPI Week 7...WTF?!

Things are no different now then they were 50 years ago. No respect. I remember over and over winning games that should have caused an improvement in the status, but just like today it some how drops. Even in '66 it seems like it took forever to get the ranking they deserved. Don't think there was such a thing as RPI back then. Just the AP and UPI polls. I remember that the UPI (coaches) had us ranked higher all year than the AP. It was a sore subject, but it was a general consensus that coaches were smarter and less political than the big city, big names represented by the sportswriters, so that's how we justified it.

Our rpi is right where it should be. It has nothing to do with respect, It's based on a formula.

We haven't beat any teams with a great rpi. Beating our conference brethren does little. Some teams like odu had a good rpi, however they are losing to the bottom feeders in conference which is killing everyone. .

WOW !!! USAF; thought for a second I was being scolded by puppy dog until in saw your handle. I realize it's a formula, but maybe the formula has a malfunction. As 2step pointed out; how can the all mighty "FORMULA" lower our RPI by beating a higher rated RPI team by 15 points while their RPI remains the same after losing to lower RPI. The formula sucks. I personally don't care whether our RPI is 63,65 or 97. Just pointing out the fallacy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT