ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Net Rankings

We went up 8 spots for beating North Carolina A&T. Imagine if we had beat them by 30 like someone wanted to. We would probably be a top 50 team right now.

We should be able to beat Houston and Hawaii, but remember that NOBODY on this team has won a road game in a miner uniform. It's a big hurdle we need to get over. Win those 2 games and we should have a nice matchup with UW who will really be a test for our bigs and whole team.

We should be able to beat Houston and Hawaii, but remember that NOBODY on this team has won a road game in a miner uniform. It's a big hurdle we need to get over. Win those 2 games and we should have a nice matchup with UW who will really be a test for our bigs and whole team.

UH suffers from the same affliction that we suffer from....long scoring droughts. They have guys that are on one night and off the next two. Perimeter shooting is much like our own. Unlike us, they don’t have a Bryson. Like us, they play hard nosed defense, which keeps them in games. While beatable, they will be tough to beat.

Last edited:
Houston, hasn't started well agree a great two year run in the NCAA. We may be catching em at a good time. However we need to rebound better and our guards need to shoot better from the arc. If I had to bet is say we go 2-2 over the next week, before the new year. If we do better then that'd be great though.

Houston, hasn't started well agree a great two year run in the NCAA. We may be catching em at a good time. However we need to rebound better and our guards need to shoot better from the arc. If I had to bet is say we go 2-2 over the next week, before the new year. If we do better then that'd be great though.
I agree. I think we really need to beat Hawaii. Hoping for at least 3-1 though.

We're not playing well. A lot of our guys don't look comfortable out there yet. We don't play as a team yet. We can't rebound effectively and have long scoring droughts.

That said, except for a few shots that wouldn't fall against NMSU, we should be undefeated. Says a lot about this team. Anyway, get your popcorn ready.

We're not playing well. A lot of our guys don't look comfortable out there yet. We don't play as a team yet. We can't rebound effectively and have long scoring droughts.

That said, except for a few shots that wouldn't fall against NMSU, we should be undefeated. Says a lot about this team. Anyway, get your popcorn ready.
Boom, my exact take on this season so far. Can't wait for the next four games before C-USA play.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Those with memories of playing Hawaii each year can remember how hard it is to win there even with superior talent and coaching, the Rainbow Warriors are a tough out, in football, basketball, volleyball, slot car racing, pinball etc. You name the sport and I bet they have a official, clock keeper or facilities manager which is more than willing to make phantom calls on you, allow Hawaii extra time to get a shot off or lock up the facility during your allotted practice time. It ain't paradise if your the opponent.

Hawaii is going to be tough at home and won't be an easy win. Hope we can beat em
You’re right. I see a lot of people chalking it up as an easy W. That will be our 4th game of the week in 3 different time zones. On the other hand Hawaii will be resting all week preparing for us. Jet lag, depth, and overall tiredness will play a big role in this game.

Those with memories of playing Hawaii each year can remember how hard it is to win there even with superior talent and coaching, the Rainbow Warriors are a tough out, in football, basketball, volleyball, slot car racing, pinball etc. You name the sport and I bet they have a official, clock keeper or facilities manager which is more than willing to make phantom calls on you, allow Hawaii extra time to get a shot off or lock up the facility during your allotted practice time. It ain't paradise if your the opponent.
Amen. At least we won't be playing at midnight they way they used to do us. Remember having to stay up late on a work night to watch the game live?

Reactions: utep2step
You’re right. I see a lot of people chalking it up as an easy W. That will be our 4th game of the week in 3 different time zones. On the other hand Hawaii will be resting all week preparing for us. Jet lag, depth, and overall tiredness will play a big role in this game.
I don't think it's by any means an easy win. It's actually a very tough 1st game draw to get the home team.

This is one of the most important games this year as it could lead to a good matchup with UW. I will be pretty disappointed if we lose this game (especially if we fall to Houston as well).

This is why I said going 2- 2 in this stretch is what I expect, but hope they do better.

You can pretty much write this team off of being at-large worthy, so the NET ranking doesn’t really matter anymore
True. We’re mad cuz we weren’t prepared and experienced on the road. What if this game is to prepare us for the many hostile environments we will encounter during conference play? After all an at large would have meant going practically undefeated. Our best shot into to the tournament is to win the conference. This game serves as a good wake up call and test to accomplish that.

Reactions: groundrounds
What if this game is to prepare us for the many hostile environments we will encounter during conference play?

You’re joking right? I can’t name 1 hostile environment they will play in CUSA this year. ODU sucks, they won’t have a good crowd for the game. The CUSA tournament will not have a good crowd either.

Even though we lost, this team gained more from the beat down than they did by beating those D2 teams. I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game in Hawaii.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
You’re joking right? I can’t name 1 hostile environment they will play in CUSA this year. ODU sucks, they won’t have a good crowd for the game. The CUSA tournament will not have a good crowd either.

Even though we lost, this team gained more from the beat down than they did by beating those D2 teams. I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game in Hawaii.
Exactly. IMO this schedule wasn’t set up to help us win the ooc games to get an at large. It looks like it was set up so the ooc gets us ready for conference play. The games in Las Cruces, Houston, and Hawaii is tougher than anything we’ll face in cusa.

Get over it... Baylor is ranked in the top ten and we have mighty Jackson state coming in on the 30th and teams of that nature too... everyone has cupcakes on their schedules before conference season... also had battle hardened Tennessee Martin , md eastern shore, coastal Carolina, Ohio, Texas state and central Arkansas ——

Get over it... Baylor is ranked in the top ten and we have mighty Jackson state coming in on the 30th and teams of that nature too... everyone has cupcakes on their schedules before conference season... also had battle hardened Tennessee Martin , md eastern shore, coastal Carolina, Ohio, Texas state and central Arkansas ——

All those teams you mentioned are D1. Baylor does not need to play many tough OOC games because they play in the Big 12. Miners should not be playing 3 D2 teams.

I think next years schedule will be more up to par. Hooefully we can get another nice tournament as well.

Down to #114, right below the NMSpooh Faggies! UNT is #110 and they’re 4-7. Guess they didn’t play 3 D2 teams....
So you’re saying it doesn’t matter if we play 3 D1 teams at home or go and lose 3 on the road at the end of ooc play we’ll all be ranked around the same. Now we’ll see which scheduling philosophy works best to win CUSA. My money is still on 114 UTEP over a 110 UNT.

So you’re saying it doesn’t matter if we play 3 D1 teams at home or go and lose 3 on the road at the end of ooc play we’ll all be ranked around the same. Now we’ll see which scheduling philosophy works best to win CUSA. My money is still on 114 UTEP over a 110 UNT.

Well UTEP is better team than UNT, so UTEP could have any scheduling philosophy and their chance would still be better than UNT. All I am saying is that UTEP should have played more road games and gasp, they might have even beat one of them. Playing D2 schools doesn’t do any good. They’re trash.

Well UTEP is better team than UNT, so UTEP could have any scheduling philosophy and their chance would still be better than UNT. All I am saying is that UTEP should have played more road games and gasp, they might have even beat one of them. Playing D2 schools doesn’t do any good. They’re trash.
Then you used a bad team to compare them with.

Mc Casland is in year three there. Last year during his second year he had at least 3/4 non D1 teams on the schedule. This year, his third year he substituted one d2 home game for a road game but still has d2 teams on the schedule. I expect the same to happen during Terry’s third year. Lastly I’ll take a 9-4; 114 net ranking over a 5-7; 110 ranking.

Reactions: MinerJo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT