ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Track & Field Championship this week!

SAMINERGIRL

All Star
Sep 4, 2005
Let’s not forget that the Miners are sending athletes this week and have a couple of chances to medal! Sean Bailey has a great shot! Also, they had the men’s 4X400 relay qualify. It will be tough for them to qualify for the finals but pretty cool that they made it.

i did a little research on Bailey, he has a very famous sister.
Yes...yes, he does. I watched the west prelims and Bailey won his heat easily. He definitely has a chance to medal. There’s a kid from Texas A&M that will be real hard to beat though.

I don’t believe Shakeem Smith qualified. I think he had a false start in the 110 and didn’t qualify in the 400. He definitely did not have a good meet at the West prelims because I believe they were expecting him to qualify.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube Jack
Franklin High Grad Paulo Benavides finished 7th In the pole vault and earned first team All American honors.

Disaster in the men’s 4x400 relay. Our third leg tripped over another runner in the exchange and dnf.

Reactions: axingfools1
Sean Bailey pulled up almost right off the blocks with an injury. Horrible way to end his collegiate career.

So far we have Korir and Saruni(800m), Amusan (110 hurdles) and Blessing(100m) who have qualified for olympics. I thought Rotich stopped running but I was wrong. He enlisted in the army in 2016 and now runs for Team USA. He runs 1st round qualifying tomorrow In the steeplechase.

So far we have Korir and Saruni(800m), Amusan (110 hurdles) and Blessing(100m) who have qualified for olympics. I thought Rotich stopped running but I was wrong. He enlisted in the army in 2016 and now runs for Team USA. He runs 1st round qualifying tomorrow In the steeplechase.
Yeah, Rotich is now a citizen of our great nation! Cheering on a countryman as well as a Miner!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT