ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada @ UTEP Game Day Thread

That missed point could benefit us, if we stop handing them over the ball.

I don't think Goodwin could be any worse. At least he will be getting experience for next season vs. a senior QB who will be gone next season.

If you’re throwing a QB about there to get experience you’re pretty much conceding defeat. 9 points isn't too far out of reach, but in a game this close it really tells you how much confidence the coaches have in Locksley’s arm when they are running read options on 1st and 20.

I dont think this offense is capable of coming back... sucks, they had a chance early on. Could have gone a long way... I hate this offense, why can't get they get a passing offense and a halfway decent QB.

What is that a 30 yard net punt? Might as well have gone with a Locksley read run.

If you’re throwing a QB about there to get experience you’re pretty much conceding defeat. 9 points isn't too far out of reach, but in a game this close it really tells you how much confidence the coaches have in Locksley’s arm when they are running read options on 1st and 20.
It wasn't even a read-option on 1st and 20. It was a straight-up wildcat called QB run.

Playing Kai or Jones is also pretty much conceding defeat too.

Reactions: shyminer81
We can’t afford to get into any more these 1st and 20 situations. We continuously just shoot ourselves in the foot.

It wasn't even a read-option on 1st and 20. It was a straight-up wildcat called QB run.

A lot of us (myself included) have flip flopped between whether Jones and Locksley give us the best chance to win but I think if we roll with Lockesley we’re in trouble. You can tell the playbook is drastically trimmed down because of his weakness passing the ball.

I would prefer UTEP had a QB who can throw and sucks running because you can rely on good RBs as opposed to a bad passer because no one can make up for that.

Mark Torrez time anyone?

And they went for it in 4th and 18? Buh.... everyone left, games over. I’m almost rooting for Nevada to put 7 more up just to prove a point.

“Well, we’ve got to take better care of the ball. We’ve got to execute better offensively and cut down on the penalties. Blah, blah, blah.”

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I agree with @shyminer81 the game is over. We’re not coming back. Why not see what the third string qb can do on the final drive. We already know and have seen what Jones and Locksley can do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT