ADVERTISEMENT

New Don Haskins Center's Basketball Floor Design.

Vegasminer

MI Regular
Jul 5, 2001
Horrible. You would be hard pressed to design an uglier, nondescript and amateurish looking hardwood. You can see it on the UTEP Athletic site.

Horrible. You would be hard pressed to design an uglier, nondescript and amateurish looking hardwood. You can see it on the UTEP Athletic site.
University of Oregon says hi 😂

Reactions: minermx07
A
Horrible. You would be hard pressed to design an uglier, nondescript and amateurish looking hardwood. You can see it on the UTEP Athletic site
Agree, the only thing I like is Haskins signature. Should have let El Paso artist design the floor!

Jim Cardwell.... big money donor. His daddy is the "C" in C&R and they also founded Petro.

That guy gives enormous money. If he wanted a picture of Elvis on the floor he'd probably get serious consideration simply due to his contributions.

Reactions: JCorona
Eh, I don't think it's terrible, but it's not really an improvement.

It's sort of like when they took away Paydirt Pete's hardhat. Why.

Eh, I don't think it's terrible, but it's not really an improvement.

It's sort of like when they took away Paydirt Pete's hardhat. Why.
The argument there was that the "Miners" the school was named for were not coal miners. It was closer to the prospector who led around Clyde, the donkey who was the live mascot before Paydirt Pete.

The argument there was that the "Miners" the school was named for were not coal miners. It was closer to the prospector who led around Clyde, the donkey who was the live mascot before Paydirt Pete.
Here I thought it was because UTEP was founded as the School of Mines and Metallurgy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT