ADVERTISEMENT

Next HC for football thread

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Might as well start a new thread.

Tulsa just fired Montgomery. He did well considering his recruiting situation. His teams were never a soft touch. Worth a look.

Sure. Cling that to that hope. Dimel isn’t going anywhere. This thread is an utter waste of time. Dimel will remain our HC in 2023. Deal with it
I have to agree with you unfortunately. UTEP has never held themselves to a standard of firing a 5 win coach. Plus I have to question the money situation. The job pays trash, so all we’re going to do is fire a C/C+ level guy and bring in another C/C+ level guy.

I have to agree with you unfortunately. UTEP has never held themselves to a standard of firing a 5 win coach. Plus I have to question the money situation. The job pays trash, so all we’re going to do is fire a C/C+ level guy and bring in another C/C+ level guy.
$1M a year plus all the staff pay is not trash.

Longshot hires that would require some cash: Kenny Perry, Zach Kittley, Ra'shaad Samples
Ra’shaad Samples? Is he ready to be a head coach at the college level? He’s only 27 or so.

He and my son transferred over to UH the same year. He had some career ending injury so I don’t think he ever ended up playing a single down in a UH uniform.

Hard to imagine he’s ready but I’ll take your word for it.

Ra’shaad Samples? Is he ready to be a head coach at the college level? He’s only 27 or so.

He and my son transferred over to UH the same year. He had some career ending injury so I don’t think he ever ended up playing a single down in a UH uniform.

Hard to imagine he’s ready but I’ll take your word for it.
Check ‘em out bro, he was Sonny Dykes right hand man at SMU recruiting Dallas, went to TCU with Dykes then got picked up as RB coach with the Rams. He has no X’s and O’s guru but he’d bring us the best G5 level talent from the Dallas area and I’m sure could hire some young assistants that scheme well and have Texas high school ties. He’d shake the hell out of this lame duck culture has. Would be a weird hire but man Samples would bring some dudes to UTEP.

Check ‘em out bro, he was Sonny Dykes right hand man at SMU recruiting Dallas, went to TCU with Dykes then got picked up as RB coach with the Rams. He has no X’s and O’s guru but he’d bring us the best G5 level talent from the Dallas area and I’m sure could hire some young assistants that scheme well and have Texas high school ties. He’d shake the hell out of this lame duck culture has. Would be a weird hire but man Samples would bring some dudes to UTEP.
The lame duck culture needs a shake up.

I know Samples’ dad is or was Duncanville’s head coach. I’m sure there would be quite the pipeline for Ra’Shaad to recruit from if his dad is still in the game at Duncanville, or anywhere in that area for that matter.

The lame duck culture needs a shake up.

I know Samples’ dad is or was Duncanville’s head coach. I’m sure there would be quite the pipeline for Ra’Shaad to recruit from if his dad is still in the game at Duncanville, or anywhere in that area for that matter.
Yeah dude his pops is still there, they are going to the final 8 round this weekend I believe.

If what I’m reading is correct, he is one of the main reasons SMU recruited well the past few cycles but doesn’t have the coordinator experience but I think he could grab talent from there UTEP normally doesn’t get and I’m sure can build a savvy young staff around him looking to do something at UTEP to jump to another job. My outside of the box dream hire for UTEP that will never happen lol But I like Kinne too

Dimel is not going anywhere. I agree with uni, need to sell new energy. He’s going JUCO again as per his post game interview. He stated he is ahead of the curve this year recruiting whatever that means.

Reactions: kickballpro
Hire a coach from Germany or Europe and get all the players from Europe. Germany has the next big pro league behind the U.S . Its untapped talent yet to be recruited from college football. Only players that are being recruited are kickers and punters. But there is other talent out there. Actually I think there is a highly recruited QB from Germany.

Hire a coach from Germany or Europe and get all the players from Europe. Germany has the next big pro league behind the U.S . Its untapped talent yet to be recruited from college football. Only players that are being recruited are kickers and punters. But there is other talent out there. Actually I think there is a highly recruited QB from Germany.

Loof Lirpa has already been here. Best European recruit ever.

At the very least I hope they can bring some excitement to the field. We’re going to be going on 10 years of run first offenses and it’s pretty obvious the fans aren’t digging it.

Loof Lirpa has already been here. Best European recruit ever.
UTEP , here in America their left with recruiting scrubs. Players that nobody wants. UTEP is not even getting last pick. Go to Europe and Utep can get first pick. Yes they would probably get the players that couldn't make in soccer or maybe they just like football?? Football is becoming popular in Europe. UTEP should get a pipeline started before it's to late.

Another vote for Kinne. A young coach who’s done an amazing job at UIW and has great Texas ties.
Watch Kinne (if no one picks him up) kick our ass in the first game of the season next year.

I was looking at rivals recruiting rankings for 2023. I like to see how non bcs schools are doing. At #57 I see Campbell, right above bigger schools .

Head coach is Mike Minter. Idk how he is able to pull top talent like that. He is not winning much but he is able to recruit. In 2022 he got a 4 star player. He is probably on the hot seat.

For the next head coach they need someone who can recruit.

I was looking at rivals recruiting rankings for 2023. I like to see how non bcs schools are doing. At #57 I see Campbell, right above bigger schools .

Head coach is Mike Minter. Idk how he is able to pull top talent like that. He is not winning much but he is able to recruit. In 2022 he got a 4 star player. He is probably on the hot seat.

For the next head coach they need someone who can recruit.
Dimel can recruit fine, he just isn't a winner. He doesn't know what to do with the talent. We need someone who can recruit and coach. I know the concept is unfathomable to UTEP administrators, but it might just work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT