ADVERTISEMENT

Next MBB coach?

Billy Gillespie, I don't give a @#$# is he had drinking problems, the guy could recruit and the guy could coach, in two years he turned the program around and took us to the NCAA and almost put an upset on Maryland.

It may be just us two on this one...but I'm all for giving BCG a second run. He was a helluva coach. I think he has "grown" as a human being through all his trials and tribulations.

#BCG

Great coach but he made his bed. Anyways, after reading the article about him a few months ago, I really don't think he would come back nor take another d1 job. Way to many demons that I think he knows he needs to stay away from. Being in a small town has it's upside; when you fart, everyone knows.

Great coach but he made his bed. Anyways, after reading the article about him a few months ago, I really don't think he would come back nor take another d1 job. Way to many demons that I think he knows he needs to stay away from. Being in a small town has it's upside; when you fart, everyone knows.

I bet he'd take it if offered. I read a piece where the reporter found him striping the parking lot at Ranger!

My only problem with Gillispie is that next year it will be 13 years since he left. That is a long time that's passed.
It's been 13 years since he said, "I'll be here as long as you'll have me" and then the next day he met with Barnes at Kiki's and it was off to A&M?

Who cares if he has demons? Don't we friggin all? Hell, I know I do!
Dude was a bad ass coach. Drank like a fish, but so did Haskins, no? If he can win, I say F it....bring him back.....

btw I know where he can get a drink or 2....LMAO....

Dude was a bad ass coach. Drank like a fish, but so did Haskins, no? If he can win, I say F it....bring him back.....

Yeah, but there are younger guys who can coach, too -- maybe without demons.

Do you count BCG among the disgraced, and if so, how/why?

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a great coach who has turned around programs that were going nowhere. The whole ineligible player thing at Ranger last season is part of the reason why. Then remember at Texas Tech a bunch of players quit because he was allegedly some slavedriving workaholic who forced injured players to practice. Then of course there were the DWI arrests three different times (yes, I know the one here was dismissed).

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Yeah, but there are younger guys who can coach, too -- maybe without demons.

True. But if they are worth a damn they typically consider UTEP, or any kid major for that matter, just a low rung on the ladder to be used as a step towards higher rings. BCG wouldn't be interested in that game anymore.

That's difficult for most people to admit. Most try to hide behind a facade of being put together so well.

What's funny is ive found that the degree to which one tries to come off as being so "with it", is the degree to which the demons lurk just beneath the surface.

I agree, BCG was a great coach. Would love to have that guy back.

OT: How were those shots flowing last night for game 7?

True. But if they are worth a damn they typically consider UTEP, or any kid major for that matter, just a low rung on the ladder to be used as a step towards higher rings. BCG wouldn't be interested in that game anymore.
I don't know about that. They wrote an article about BG at Ranger and it's says that BG told Rangers president the Ranger job would be his last job. So if he is hired by UTEP after he said those comments, I wouldn't put any trust in him sticking around after he gets offers from P5 schools. Plus I think him not signing his contract when he was here and losing out on a buyout still leaves a sour taste in the mouth of the people who have an important role in yhr hiring our coaches. I don't see him returning.

I don't know about that. They wrote an article about BG at Ranger and it's says that BG told Rangers president the Ranger job would be his last job. So if he is hired by UTEP after he said those comments, I wouldn't put any trust in him sticking around after he gets offers from P5 schools. Plus I think him not signing his contract when he was here and losing out on a buyout still leaves a sour taste in the mouth of the people who have an important role in yhr hiring our coaches. I don't see him returning.

I don't see him returning either. It's just on my X-Mas wish list. Floyd will be here several more years...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT