ADVERTISEMENT

Next UTEP coach is...

It's funny how some people think disagreeing is arguing. 😆

I really wonder how some people function in the real world. I disagree with my friends and colleagues often, and vice versa. It would be extremely boring if we all agreed on everything.

Last edited:
I'm STILL not understanding the fascination with Kimani. Yes, he was a standout player here. Yes, he is a good assistant coach at UConn. However....

When has anyone ever seen ANY interest from him about coming back besides our silly lists on here? When has he ever been in the running for ANY college HC position? Has he even traveled west of the mississippi since UTEP?

We seriously need to forget guys from our past years and focus forward. "IF" Golding were to be successful here (Which aint hapnin), I would think his top assistant should be the front runner for the job. Not Doc (bad/wrong rumor) Not Barbee. Not Floyd. Not Billy Clyde....WE NEED FRESH!

OMG things never change.....

Argue just to argue UTEPfan1966....just like all your other handles. You get paid per post or what?

• Haha
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Personally, I don't see it. Walden is energetic, but backs it up. He also has his entire staff energetic and engaging. Golding only talks fast, and people think it's "energy" he sold UTEP on the Texas win, and they bought into it. They are now paying for it... He's not the answer, and never was for UTEP. What direction, do they take next? Who knows... One thing is true, he better be able to recruit.
The next coach needs to be able to recruit, coach and have the balls to play the best players. All on a shorter contract.

None of this gimmick as the standard crap.

His ENERGY. Clearly, he hasn't coached any games at UTEP yet... When did Golding back up anything?

They both are energetic, but I don't care about any of that. I just want a coach who will win a bowl game and win an NCAA Tournament game. I don't care if he's young, old, energetic, or has a monotone voice. I just want UTEP to win!

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Given Senters men’s sports hiring history at UTEP, you can scratch off any candidate that doesn’t have head coaching experience. It will just be another head coach that is successful in one of these crappy one bid conferences. And given Jim’s results, he will choose the wrong one.

You can definitely forget about Young coaching here. He is an assistant coach with a felony record. Jim is too chicken shit to hire him with that felony.

I wish we would go with what has worked in the past, and hire a top assistant from the P5 level.

It's funny how some people think disagreeing is arguing. 😆

I really wonder how some people function in the real world. I disagree with my friends and colleagues often, and vice versa. It would be extremely boring if we all agreed on everything.
Because you and Snaggletooth and whatever other names you all are called, don't offer any knowledge on sports, just business side of sports. Second, when positive things do happen, you all disappear and basically you two are the most ignorant ****s on here and yet ask for source on information we provide (you yourself do it to me from time to time) but yet, you both offer shit spaghetti plates and throw it at the wall to see what sticks.

Given Senters men’s sports hiring history at UTEP, you can scratch off any candidate that doesn’t have head coaching experience. It will just be another head coach that is successful in one of these crappy one bid conferences. And given Jim’s results, he will choose the wrong one.

You can definitely forget about Young coaching here. He is an assistant coach with a felony record. Jim is too chicken shit to hire him with that felony.

I wish we would go with what has worked in the past, and hire a top assistant from the P5 level.
I mean, Jones is the associate head coach at UConn, which is the defending national champion. It doesn't get more "power conference" than that. If UConn can overlook his mistake from 25 years ago then I think UTEP is allowed to. He has a 25-year record as a good citizen with some impressive coaching credentials on which he can be judged. Jesus forgave him.

I mean, Jones is the associate head coach at UConn, which is the defending national champion. It doesn't get more "power conference" than that. If UConn can overlook his mistake from 25 years ago then I think UTEP is allowed to. He has a 25-year record as a good citizen with some impressive coaching credentials on which he can be judged. Jesus forgave him.
Kids don't care about Felony's. If anything it gives him street cred! Lol

I would have no issues with Young coaching UTEP. Everyone makes mistakes and that was a loooong time ago and he didn’t mess up since then. I just think Senter is too big of a chicken shit to hire him given his felony arrest and same can be said for Wilson.

Because you and Snaggletooth and whatever other names you all are called, don't offer any knowledge on sports, just business side of sports. Second, when positive things do happen, you all disappear and basically you two are the most ignorant ****s on here and yet ask for source on information we provide (you yourself do it to me from time to time) but yet, you both offer shit spaghetti plates and throw it at the wall to see what sticks.

And you offer knowledge? You are a very clueless person. I provide more knowledge and information than you do (and that's not saying much).

You're joking right? I'm extremely positive about UTEP. You must not read my posts. I was very happy in November. I have been posting the whole season (win or lose).

You have no clue what you're talking about.

I would have no issues with Young coaching UTEP. Everyone makes mistakes and that was a loooong time ago and he didn’t mess up since then. I just think Senter is too big of a chicken shit to hire him given his felony arrest and same can be said for Wilson.
I think we mentioned this before and the same thought came to my head again. Fire Senter.

LOL There is a 0% chance Bill Self would ever apply for the UTEP job.

Also, saying Bill Self would near 100% be successful at UTEP is incorrect. You still have to have the players to win the games. UTEP would definitely be in a better position with Bill Self, but it would be nowhere near 100%.
So you're saying that a highly successful coach wouldn't leave one of the top 5 or so programs in college basketball history to come coach at UTEP? WOW, I never would have guessed!

Damn, your reading comprehension is on par with your math skills. I used him as an extreme example of a coach who would have a much greater than 50% chance of succeeding, and placed the probability at near 100%. Given the fact that he's been highly successful everywhere that he's been - Oral Robert's, Tulsa, Illinois, and Kansas - I would say that near 100% is accurate. He would have no problem getting players.

By the way, either the Earth will be wiped out by a giant meteor in the next 5 minutes or it won't, so there's a 50% chance that this is my last post on here.

An argument can be made that Golding was the basketball version of Walden when Senter hired him. Maybe not as young, but definitely energetic (with an affinity for red bull). After 3 years, we know Golding hasn't been able to bring in enough talent. Hopefully Walden will be able turn that around.
Minus the tireless recruiting. Waldens energy seems to be influential, whereas Goldings seems to fall on deaf ears (because he screams huhuhuh).

So you're saying that a highly successful coach wouldn't leave one of the top 5 or so programs in college basketball history to come coach at UTEP? WOW, I never would have guessed!

Damn, your reading comprehension is on par with your math skills. I used him as an extreme example of a coach who would have a much greater than 50% chance of succeeding, and placed the probability at near 100%. Given the fact that he's been highly successful everywhere that he's been - Oral Robert's, Tulsa, Illinois, and Kansas - I would say that near 100% is accurate. He would have no problem getting players.

By the way, either the Earth will be wiped out by a giant meteor in the next 5 minutes or it won't, so there's a 50% chance that this is my last post on here.

The probability wouldn't be near 100%.

Minus the tireless recruiting. Waldens energy seems to be influential, whereas Goldings seems to fall on deaf ears (because he screams huhuhuh).
Golding’s high energy was praised when he first got hired here and was labeled as the next Don Haskins because of his defense. Once the shiny object syndrome wore off because we are a below average CUSA team, people don’t give a shit anymore. The same will happen with Walden if he isn’t winning. Hopefully this isn’t the case with Walden.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT