ADVERTISEMENT

Next UTEP Men's Basketball Head Coach Prediction Thread

I would prefer Tang or Barbee, but think it will be Golding. Barbee may be able to bring some of the transfers that left Kentucky.

We know what we are getting in Barbee. Hes a serious personality, no nonsense kind of guy, he's tough on his players, he coaches them hard, and he is an elite recruiter. He's gonna run his drive and kick offense and he's not going to veer from it.

The biggest con is that he doesn't make those personal connections. He is not looking to be loved by the fan base, hes not going to wave to the fans to get loud, hes not going to high five the students, he doesn't want to take a selfie with you, he is just a Coach.

For those who really take the time to research and get the real story, Keller should be our guy then Golding, then Tang. Keller is not responsible for SFA's entire sports being penalized. This was going on since before he arrived. It was an administrative error. He is a phenomenal coach and motivator. He has a winning percentage near .700, regular season wins at Duke when they were good and a NCAA tournament appearance.(Would've had another last year if not for Covid) I'm very surprised we're not talking more about him. Maybe it's due to the fact that people think the penalties handed down were of his negligence, they were not. He's my number one hope and Golding 2. His record speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hot For Keitha
Look at it this way, consider that Bobby Knight would better than Golding, Miller, Tang and the NMSU twins Jans and Menzies. Lets just settle down and welcome our old/new coach Barbee back to town..He is the best choice..

Reactions: Lil_Train
Golding is far superior candidate to Keller in my mind. More conference championships, more seasons under his belt, won those conference championships with far less talent than what SFA has historically been able to pull in, no violations in regards to his program, higher APR and a huge NCAA tournament victory. Keller inherited a mighty mighty program and has only made the tournament one time. Keller is a great coach but not at same level as Golding. When you have a chance to hire the hot and upcoming coach, you don’t pass on that opportunity.

For those who really take the time to research and get the real story, Keller should be our guy then Golding, then Tang. Keller is not responsible for SFA's entire sports being penalized. This was going on since before he arrived. It was an administrative error. He is a phenomenal coach and motivator. He has a winning percentage near .700, regular season wins at Duke when they were good and a NCAA tournament appearance.(Would've had another last year if not for Covid) I'm very surprised we're not talking more about him. Maybe it's due to the fact that people think the penalties handed down were of his negligence, they were not. He's my number one hope and Golding 2. His record speaks for itself.
How many games has he won in the tournament? I want a coach that has proven they can win as a lower seed.

Create a great team, play a tough schedule , win. That will get you a decent seed. Not top 5 but 6-10.

As actual predictions went, 4 'diggers got it right with Golding: Rot, MinerInWisconsin, MineroFanatico, and mikesarabia. Nice call, gents.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT