ADVERTISEMENT

NFL and NBA adapted to free agency.

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
So can college sports.

I think coaches will start liking this new transfer/free agency. Why keep a player that doesnt want be at your program?
They can swap him out for someone better. What if a coach brings in a player and he isnt good?? That coach is stuck with that player for 4 years.
Coaches now dont have to wait 4 years.

Players on top of my head that was at UTEP to long:

Wayne Portalatin
Jake Flaggart
I wouldnt of mine if Paul Thomas decided to transfer and
same with Hooper Vint

anyone else??

It's my understanding this has always been the case. Scholarships are year to year and a coach has been free to "swamp him out" for someone better.

No one really complained about it back then but now that both athlete and coach are able to come and go it has become a big deal.

People are mad that we can't force teenagers to be more mature than grown adults anymore.

It's my understanding this has always been the case. Scholarships are year to year and a coach has been free to "swamp him out" for someone better.

No one really complained about it back then but now that both athlete and coach are able to come and go it has become a big deal.

People are mad that we can't force teenagers to be more mature than grown adults anymore.

But coaches would have to wait 2 years if they wanted to bring in a new player. If a coach didnt like a player he sat on the bench for years.

But coaches would have to wait 2 years if they wanted to bring in a new player. If a coach didnt like a player he sat on the bench for years.
I get what you're saying. Golding really needs to take better advantage of this instead of getting mostly JC players that would have been eligible right away anyway. He still has yet to hit on one, that is, a JC.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT