ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU Beating Liberty!!!

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Aggies up 28-7 on Liberty. Liberty was 24 point favorites coming in. If you woulda told me who has a better chance of winning NMSU vs Liberty or Utep vs UTSA, I woulda said us. Hope this is a harbinger of upsets to come today!

Sad to say but NMSU football really will pass us by in the new CUSA at this rate.
Oh my gawd!

fb9df5a4ad852aae4fdf43f4a0bdc84c.gif

Jerry Kill has done a great job. However, with a distraction of Hugh Freeze leaving for Auburn I think Liberty would be losing regardless of the opponent. You got a bunch of 18-22 years old worried about thier own futures. Still amazing job this season by Kill. If he had UTEP's roster he would go 10-2 with our schedule.

Wow'zers! Just a few short weeks ago most of you were ready to give the CUSA trophy to Liberty.

Next Wednesday will be "why didn't we hire Heiar?!" if we lose to NMSU?

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
NMSU was able to win 5 games this year and maybe 6 or 7, if they get their 12th game and get a bowl game. They won 2 games in the eastern time zone. With their 1st year head coach.

Here at UTEP, excuse after excuse to keep Dimel and remain mediocre. If UTEP loses today, I am pretty sure Senter will keep him and we will be back to sucking major ass.

If NMSU holds on they'll be 2-3 vs Liberty. What do you think our record vs Liberty will be after 5 games?
Probably 1-4. Depending who they hire and we have as our coach. If you look at LU’s losses over the years, they play down to some of their opponents.

Hopefully we sell out the Sun Bowl the 1st time we play them. Our Miners need the crowd energy to beat such a great team!!!! 10k won’t do it.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Don’t those guy’s at NMSU realize it takes 5-6 years to turn a football program around? They need to talk to Senter and Co ASAP!

In all seriousness, I am willing to bet the Aggies clobber Dismel’s Miners next season,

I wonder if the NCAA will grant NMSU a waiver to be bowl eligible with 5 wins.

San Jose St. cancelled their game earlier in the season, so NMSU was screwed out of playing their 12th game. They are sitting at 5-6.

Don’t those guy’s at NMSU realize it takes 5-6 years to turn a football program around? They need to talk to Senter and Co ASAP!

In all seriousness, I am willing to bet the Aggies clobber Dismel’s Miners next season,
You have such a deep hatred for Coach Dimel. I bet you are coming unglued today watching us dominate a superior team. Dimel isn’t going anywhere. Deal with it

Reactions: Vegasminer
I wonder if the NCAA will grant NMSU a waiver to be bowl eligible with 5 wins.

San Jose St. cancelled their game earlier in the season, so NMSU was screwed out of playing their 12th game. They are sitting at 5-6.
No. This is why you want to be in a league because of TV/League contracts; they get priority. Kill stated publicly he would not have considered NMSU if they had not been invited to CUSA.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I firmly still believe liberty will dominate in football. The hugh freeze rumors killed that locker room. If they can afford $5 million for freeze, they can definitely afford a top coach. I wonder what his buyout is?? I also recall that I said the Jerry Kill hire was a great one and some of the board members did not agree. So…time will tell if I know what I’m talking about or not. But so far, kill is proving me right.

On another note, y’all think UTSA is safe with Traylor this off season? Heck…Liberty could hire him and give him a serious pay raise!! 😂

I firmly still believe liberty will dominate in football. The hugh freeze rumors killed that locker room. If they can afford $5 million for freeze, they can definitely afford a top coach. I wonder what his buyout is?? I also recall that I said the Jerry Kill hire was a great one and some of the board members did not agree. So…time will tell if I know what I’m talking about or not. But so far, kill is proving me right.

On another note, y’all think UTSA is safe with Traylor this off season? Heck…Liberty could hire him and give him a serious pay raise!! 😂
Not our problem anymore. Would’ve been nice if he had taken the reported offers after last year. Traylor is waiting for something bigger is my guess.

I bet Liberty ends up with someone along the likes of Tom Herman.

Aggy has a billboard on Mesa that says, “You’d look better in maroon.” Such an aggy thing to do. And maroon is fvcking ugly.

Last edited:
IMO, NMSU should get a waiver to play in a bowl game. They finished 5-2 in their last 7 games and couldn’t play in 1 game to have an opportunity to become bowl eligible.
And penalize those for doing what is right by having a better graduation rate? I get Kill’s and Moccia argument but they got booted out of a conference and their graduation rate doesn’t support their side.

They start CUSA next year and they can improve their grad rate and be on better footing if this happens again.

IMO, NMSU should get a waiver to play in a bowl game. They finished 5-2 in their last 7 games and couldn’t play in 1 game to have an opportunity to become bowl eligible.
I disagree. I don’t believe teams with losing records should go bowling. The rules state that if there are not enough teams with at least 6 wins they will consider teams with 5 wins based on their APR ranking. The next team in line team would be Rice. The aggies’ APR is near the bottom. Lastly, I don’t want our rivals to achieve success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT