ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU Dead Last In APR but Won A Bowl Game

[QUOTE="JCorona, post: 103625, member: 2114....Our friends west of us are ranked dead last.[/QUOTE]
Get ready. Here they come.

Nice one 2Step. I don’t know about you, but I would rather have a bowl win and low APR than higher APR and nothing. That’s just me though. I’m sure it were the other way around, it would be spun differently

#FACTS

Reactions: El Paso 1
Bait taken lol
And I was going to tweet out after I posted this thread that it was guaranteed one of the bffs would reply with “I rather win a bowl game and be in last place APR than blah blah blah...”

So predictable.

And I would rather belong to a conference than get kicked out of the worst FBS conference in the nation.

#EnjoyYourBowlWin #NMSUWillNeverBowlAgain #FACTS
What.The. F...?!
8027515.png

Well, congrats. Hope they win that Liberty home and home series. :rolleyes:

And I was going to tweet out after I posted this thread that it was guaranteed one of the bffs would reply with “I rather win a bowl game and be in last place APR than blah blah blah...”

Cool! I bet twitter would have been “lit” had you done so. Great job!

Isn’t posting something to illicit a predictable response trolling? That would make you a troll. Which you are.

Isn’t posting something to illicit a predictable response trolling? That would make you a troll. Which you are.

It's funny how these people complain about so-called trolls, but yet they tweet about them.

Reactions: ShovelMan66

I wasn’t looking for a response. I knew your or your bff would spin the fact that NMSU is last in APR. Because you two are so predictable. It happened. Simple as that.

Reactions: Cube Jack
I wasn’t looking for a response. I knew your or your bff would spin the fact that NMSU is last in APR. Because you two are so predictable. It happened. Simple as that.

So why tweet about it then? You wanted people to see it.

I don't care if UTEP is last in APR. I care more about their record on the field.

I would rather be last in APR and win a bowl game than having a high APR and going 0-12.

Last edited:
So why tweet about it then? You wanted people to see it.

I don't care if UTEP is last in APR. I care more about their record on the field.

I would rather be last in APR and win a bowl game than having a high APR and going 0-12.
Not me I rather win a bowl game and not be in last place in the APR rankings.

I'm just curious...why take the time and effort to reply to the two attention hogs? Better off just putting on ignore and be done with them...although sometimes reading the one way replies is suspenseful
giphy.gif

Reactions: axingfools1
I'm just curious...why take the time and effort to reply to the two attention hogs? Better off just putting on ignore and be done with them...although sometimes reading the one way replies is suspenseful
giphy.gif

He posts about us on Twitter, so apparently he cares about our opinions.

He posts about us on Twitter, so apparently he cares about our opinions.
You wish my number #1 fan. At least drop a follow instead of lurking around my page like you’re playing operation.

You’re right the rivalry is dead. They’ve only beaten us four or five times in the last 20 years.

You wish my number #1 fan. At least drop a follow instead of lurking around my page like you’re playing operation.

You’re right the rivalry is dead. They’ve only beaten us four or five times in the last 20 years.

I don't wish that. I just think it's comical how you complain about the trolls but post about us on Twitter. LOL

Why would I follow you?

The rivalry in basketball and football is dead. Isn't been years since UTEP beat NMSU in basketball.

Last edited:
It was comical these last few months when parents on Facebook and Twitter were beaming with pride that their child got accepted into UTEP.

giphy.gif

It is pretty funny watching one way arguements. It’s almost like you’re watching a version of The Sixth Sense and they’re talking to Bruce Willis’ ghost.

sixth_sense_hed.jpg

It’s a fact the Aggies are conference less and have zero bowl tie ins.
Next two to three years should be interesting and expensive for NMSU. There is a damn good reason conference affiliation exist and I hope UTEP fans realize that while most of us have sugar gum drops dancing in our eyes when sports headlines pop up with "MWC expansion" talks come up, that we pinch ourselves and realize a)CUSA is not that bad, and b) MWC is not going to do shat for a while no matter who scoops a MWC conversation about so called "expansion".

It will be tough for NMSU football going forward. If they win games, things will take care of themselves. If they go back to losing (likely), they will continue to draw flies and be irrelevant.

NMSU had a great season, by their standards and did something UTEP has never done. Won a bowl game outside their city. UTEP hasn’t even won a bowl game in 51 years. NMSU didn’t beat Alabama or anything, but t they did better than the Miners. Hopefully Dimel won’t let the program continue to be garbage like it was under Kugler.

Next two to three years should be interesting and expensive for NMSU. There is a damn good reason conference affiliation exist and I hope UTEP fans realize that while most of us have sugar gum drops dancing in our eyes when sports headlines pop up with "MWC expansion" talks come up, that we pinch ourselves and realize a)CUSA is not that bad, and b) MWC is not going to do shat for a while no matter who scoops a MWC conversation about so called "expansion".
I remember a couple of years back when NMSU finished 7-5 and didn’t get invited to a bowl despite the Sun Belt having bowl tie ins. Now with no guaranteed bowl slots, no conference tv money, no CFP money conference distribution and having to schedule multiple body games they will have a very difficult time.

If you keep a close eye on expansion UTEP would do well to sit and wait for the MW and AAC to renew their tv contracts before wanting to jump ship. CUSA is still working on another tv deal with ESPN. It should be announced early June.

CUSA football is almost on par to the MW. They are better but the gap is closing. Historically they have been a stronger league but it’s hard for them to overcome the losses of BYU, TCU and Utah. The MW has 6 bowl tie ins mostly on the West coast. CUSA has seven bowl tie ins and two additional secondary agreements. Once Senter and Dimel gets the football program into bowl contention CUSA offers UTEP alumni and fans much better options than the MW.

I don't wish that. I just think it's comical how you complain about the trolls but post about us on Twitter. LOL

Why would I follow you?

The rivalry in basketball and football is dead. Isn't been years since UTEP beat NMSU in basketball.
I never posted about you two idiots. Get over yourself. Thanks for finally admitting you and your bff are trolls.

It’s less creepy that way. At least I can see your page the way you’re able to see mine.

This is a football thread. If you want to talk about basketball make a thread about it.

I never posted about you two idiots. Get over yourself. Thanks for finally admitting you and your bff are trolls.

It’s less creepy that way. At least I can see your page the way you’re able to see mine.

This is a football thread. If you want to talk about basketball make a thread about it.

You have a very bad memory.

These are you words: "And I was going to tweet out after I posted this thread that it was guaranteed one of the bffs would reply with “I rather win a bowl game and be in last place APR than blah blah blah...”

You have a very bad memory.

These are you words: "And I was going to tweet out after I posted this thread that it was guaranteed one of the bffs would reply with “I rather win a bowl game and be in last place APR than blah blah blah...”
Key word I was not I tweeted out.

So what’s up with your Twitter. Follow for follow or you’re too scared to share your identity?

Key word I was not I tweeted out.

So what’s up with your Twitter. Follow for follow or you’re too scared to share your identity?

LOL So what's your point? Why even think about tweeting out something silly as that?

I rarely post on Twitter or any social media. Most of the people I friended on Facebook are people who I associate with in real life. Twitter it's mostly for news, sports, etc.

LOL So what's your point? Why even think about tweeting out something silly as that?

I rarely post on Twitter or any social media. Most of the people I friended on Facebook are people who I associate with in real life. Twitter it's mostly for news, sports, etc.
There’s a difference between thinking about something and actually doing it.

I think UTEP will win the CFP this year. But will they actually do it?

You can also add snooping around minerdigs profile members to list of news and sports. This is real life. A lot of the posters on here follow each other on Twitter.

There’s a difference between thinking about something and actually doing it.

I think UTEP will win the CFP this year. But will they actually do it?

You can also add snooping around minerdigs profile members to list of news and sports. This is real life. A lot of the posters on here follow each other on Twitter.

LOL But why even think about it? I wouldn't even imagine thinking about tweeting about you on Twitter. LMAO!!!!

Message boards aren't real life. That says a lot about you if you think posting on the Internet is real life.

I follow a few UTEP fans on Twitter and have UTEP friends on Facebook and I am happy with that. I don't need to follow everybody.

If you keep a close eye on expansion UTEP would do well to sit and wait for the MW and AAC to renew their tv contracts before wanting to jump ship. CUSA is still working on another tv deal with ESPN. It should be announced early June.

Wrong. CBS Sports is the primary rights holder. CBSSN will air both championship games. Stadium and Facebook will also “televise” CUSA games. There is nothing for ESPN to pick up. Why would ESPN want anything outside of the football and bball championship games anyway? At least those are meaningful games. More fake news from a UTEP honk trying to paint a brighter picture. I won’t even acknowledge your MWC point. CUSA has never been a BCS/Access Bowl. Just like the Sun Belt. Even the MAC has been twice.

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/3/14/Multimedia_Rights_Annoucement_2018.aspx?path=general

I follow a few UTEP fans on Twitter and have UTEP friends on Facebook and I am happy with that. I don't need to follow everybody.

I feel sorry for you then. You are missing out on a lot of dudes fawning over young men about coming to UTEP. Also countless retweets of the same thing that UTEP puts out or news you’ve already heard of.

It really sucks you wouldn’t want to be a part of a conversation where everybody has the exact same opinion as you.

Wrong. CBS Sports is the primary rights holder. CBSSN will air both championship games. Stadium and Facebook will also “televise” CUSA games. There is nothing for ESPN to pick up. Why would ESPN want anything outside of the football and bball championship games anyway? At least those are meaningful games. More fake news from a UTEP honk trying to paint a brighter picture. I won’t even acknowledge your MWC point. CUSA has never been a BCS/Access Bowl. Just like the Sun Belt. Even the MAC has been twice.

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/3/14/Multimedia_Rights_Annoucement_2018.aspx?path=general
Ok troll listen to the interview she did with underdog dynasty.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/201...with-conference-usa-commissioner-judy-macleod

“MacLeod says C-USA will have more media deals announced by early June. She claims C-USA is in discussions for adding some games to the ESPN digital platform.”

While CUSA has never made a NYB the statistics show they are closing the gap on the MW. Which is exactly what I said. I never said we are better or have been better.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html

Recent studies have shown that UTEP alumni move to the Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Phoenix area. The MW has no bowl tie ins to those Texas cities. CUSA has a tie in to the HOD bowl and a secondary agreement with the Frisco bowl. This past season a deal was worked out where a CUSA team went to the armed forces bowl in Ft Worth. Of course we have the New Mexico bowl for the El Paso folks. My point stays valid CUSA offers better bowl options for UTEP than the MW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT