ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU question/Utep related

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Does NMSU have more money than Utep??

Why are their recruiting classes better? Do they have bigger donors?

No. They just have a better and seasoned head coach.
I think they have more money. It's not only in football but also in basketball. Just think about how many major universities are in New Mexico? NMSU probably gets 2nd dibs to UNM in money. UTEP is way in the bottom in Texas.

Utep nor any university gets money from the state for athletics. New Mexico university do.

You’re talking about the state of New Mexico, one of the poorest states in the country. I believe UTEP has a bigger athletic budget than Nmsu. It looks like they’re able to do more with less.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Does NMSU have more money than Utep??

Why are their recruiting classes better? Do they have bigger donors?
No and no

[NMSU] “football budget of $9.2 million”

“UTEP brought in $11,831,362 in revenue”

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/the-university-of-texas-at-el-paso/student-life/sports/

Jerry kill has won the Eddie Robinson award (at NIU) and the Big ten coach of the year award (at Minnesota), and you don’t understand how NMSU is passing Utep so quickly?? However, Kill has as yet signed a contract with NMSU.

Jerry Kill also was the interim head coach last year for TCU when they beat top 10 ranked Baylor. I can also guarantee that he doesn’t use all of his timeouts by the beginning of the fourth quarter either. I believe he also brought a couple of TCU coaches with him that were not retained. He may have had his medical issues but his resume is far and above Dimel’s. If I was a recruit, I would want to play for him over Dimel. Just sayin…

No and no

[NMSU] “football budget of $9.2 million”

“UTEP brought in $11,831,362 in revenue”

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/the-university-of-texas-at-el-paso/student-life/sports/
Revenue doesn't mean anything it's all about donor's. It seems NMSU is getting more from its donors. I just can't believe Utep cant recruit better?? UTEP will be last again in recruiting and that's with a weaker CUSA. UTEP has the resources and plays in a better stadium. I just think the coaches are being lazy. Recruiting Juco players is lazy. Why not look in the transfer portal ? UTEP is like only school that doesn't use the transfer portal. Its obvious this system Dimel is using doesn't work. He has been here what 5 years...and only one winning season?? These recruiting classes are garbage. People need to stop defending these recruiting classes.

Reactions: Dmanminer

Looks like the scouting world disagrees with this thread. Since they have yet to beat us on the field not sure where all bed wetting is coming from.

I don’t have a problem with Dimel’s players. All come with hype but struggle and others blow expectations.

An opposing asst coach once stated a couple seasons ago how he was amazed how big UTEP was when he saw them on the field. They just couldn’t get it done on the field (when needed).

That’s Dimel’s problem, IMO.

Reactions: kickballpro

Looks like the scouting world disagrees with this thread. Since they have yet to beat us on the field not sure where all bed wetting is coming from.
I don't remember the last time we weren't ranked last. I know some of these teams are barely making the jump and rankings really are irrelevant but I felt the need to point that out

I don't remember the last time we weren't ranked last. I know some of these teams are barely making the jump and rankings really are irrelevant but I felt the need to point that out
I'm not a huge fan of rankings either. Dimel doesn't recruit good football players as much as good athletes. It's a great approach for this level if you have really good teachers. Seems to me the teaching is a little lacking at a few positions right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT