ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU

Space acer

Rookie
Oct 11, 2015
Chris Jans has lost 5 seniors and 2 to the transfer protocol and your going to see a great coach like Jans kick butt again. He got some good transfers in and with his coaching skills, I’m willing to bet he will either split or sweep Utep and dominate the wac while Terry is struggling at .500.

I hope I’m wrong but I feel it’s headed that way. JANS IS A GOOD COACH. Terry has yet to prove that

He is soooo good but only possibly predicting a split with our terrible coach ? Dominate the wac?? Wow such high standards...

Reactions: Cube Jack
Jans is the by far the best coach NMSU has had during their decade plus run. As long as he is there they will win. Hes the next Chris Beard. Hes going to take some no name power school and turn them into a national championship contender. I'm not high on our team next year. I've got us winning around 15 games, I hope I'm wrong. NMSU has been a top five mid major program for the past decade. Those two games will be very tough to win.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Not saying he isn’t a good coach.... nmsu is a good team but each year has a way over inflated win total because they play in the wac.... that conference is awful....

Nmsu hasn’t even won a game in the ncaa tournament... hardly a top 5 mid major... are they a good mid major? Yes! But not top 5 in my opinion

Reactions: axingfools1
Not saying he isn’t a good coach.... nmsu is a good team but each year has a way over inflated win total because they play in the wac.... that conference is awful....

Nmsu hasn’t even won a game in the ncaa tournament... hardly a top 5 mid major... are they a good mid major? Yes! But not top 5 in my opinion

Over the last ten years very few if any mid majors have the wins and tourney appearances that NMSU has. Find five mid majors who have a better resume over the last decade than NMSU. Keep in mind the MWC is not considered a mid major. The WCC and Gonzaga are not mid majors.

I’ve never understood why fans like to label mid major programs that are successful as a non mid major. Just because they’ve learned to do more with less doesn’t put them in the same comfort zone as a true Power team. Their budget is still 2-3x less than what Power conference teams work with.

I’ve never understood why fans like to label mid major programs that are successful as a non mid major. Just because they’ve learned to do more with less doesn’t put them in the same comfort zone as a true Power team. Their budget is still 2-3x less than what Power conference teams work with.

The MWC wont be associated with mid-major polls. They have a note every year in their media guide that they are not and should not be referred to as a mid major.

The WCC most pundits don't consider a mid major league. Gonzaga has as much talent as Kasnsas or Kentucky. Gonzaga BYU and St Mary's have much larger budgets and resources than mid major schools. Gonzaga's threat to leave a few years ago made sure the rest of the WCC increased their budgets and improved facilities. They would have got three bids this year. By the metrics I don't think there is any way the WCC can be considered a mid major.

I think UTEP are the Knicks, lately NMSU has been the Nets.

We should be doing better. NMSU should be our " little brother", but failing leadership gets rid of our institutional advantage.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT