ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. Top Gun Maverick (spoiler alert)

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
Awesome movie. I've seen it twice already and the 2nd time around it was even better (watched it with my dad who is an ex-pilot and got a little sentimental). Plot was straight forward and moved along quickly. Music was good. It ties in to the 1st movie very well. Flying scenes were pretty spectacular and for the most part believable. I loved the test flight and the dog fight at the end with the stolen F-14 against the su-57s

I dragged my family to go see it as I was incredibly excited for it. The adults all loved it. The biggest compliment I can give is it kept a 1st, 4th, and 6th grader engaged and entertained. Definitely a movie you want to see on XD or IMAX.

Reactions: axingfools1
I dragged my family to go see it as I was incredibly excited for it. The adults all loved it. The biggest compliment I can give is it kept a 1st, 4th, and 6th grader engaged and entertained. Definitely a movie you want to see on XD or IMAX.
My 9 year old daughter wants to be like Phoenix now!

Reactions: MistaBinks
Awesome movie. I've seen it twice already and the 2nd time around it was even better (watched it with my dad who is an ex-pilot and got a little sentimental). Plot was straight forward and moved along quickly. Music was good. It ties in to the 1st movie very well. Flying scenes were pretty spectacular and for the most part believable. I loved the test flight and the dog fight at the end with the stolen F-14 against the su-57s

I thought it was crappy.

I hear the new Buzz lightyear is being banned in some countries. Supposely there is a lesbian kiss in the beginning. 😱😱😱

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
The movie I was disappointed in was The Northman. It looked like it was going to be an awesome movie. But I was disappointed.

I thought it was crappy.

I hear the new Buzz lightyear is being banned in some countries. Supposely there is a lesbian kiss in the beginning. 😱😱😱
I have little interest in seeing the Lightyear movie and it has little to do with the lesbian kiss scene. This is a character based on a fictional toy from a fictional Saturday morning cartoon, like He-Man or Thundercats. If I'm going to watch a film based on Buzz Lightyear, I want it to be campy, like an homage to Flash Gordon. The trailers make it seem like this is a "serious" re-imagining of the character (although with marketable consumer cute robot cat sidekick to sell toys). That tone is completely off for this character; I don't want to watch that kind of Buzz Lightyear movie. From what I read, even the married lesbian kiss scene is supposed to represent a life that a space ranger leaves behind when walking the path of a space ranger. Good grief, why do I want to explore such themes in a Buzz Lightyear movie? It doesn't sound fun.

I thought it was crappy.

According to rotten tomatoes you are the in the 1 percentile Fili. What could they have done better?

Last edited:
According to rotton tomatoes you are the in the 1 percentile Fili. What could they have done better?

How old are you??

I think new movies now suck and have no originality. There is no good storylines anymore. The only one that is still making good movies is Mel Gibson. I'm not talking about his acting movies, I'm talking about the one he directs.

I think it would've been better if maybe Tom Cruise wasnt flying in this movie. It was more of a comedy than anything. I was hoping it would be more serious. The original Top Gun was a serious movie and it was sad in the end.
Go read the 1 star ratings rotten tomatoes. Dont listen to the top ones, they probably were paid or worked for the studios. I ask how old you are because, the ones that did like it are probably younger people.

How old are you??

I think new movies now suck and have no originality. There is no good storylines anymore. The only one that is still making good movies is Mel Gibson. I'm not talking about his acting movies, I'm talking about the one he directs.

I think it would've been better if maybe Tom Cruise wasnt flying in this movie. It was more of a comedy than anything. I was hoping it would be more serious. The original Top Gun was a serious movie and it was sad in the end.
Go read the 1 star ratings rotten tomatoes. Dont listen to the top ones, they probably were paid or worked for the studios. I ask how old you are because, the ones that did like it are probably younger people.
Well to each his own, but you are definitely in the minority. There were a few funny moments in the movie.

I agree we need more original movies

Rotten Tomatoes is usually pretty accurate. Pretty much everybody I know liked the movie (all ages).

I can think of a few movies that Mel Gibson directed. Braveheart and Apocalypto were very good. I like most of Clint Eastwood directed movies as well.

Do you like the Marvel Movies?

Jordan or Lebron?

Mel Gibson also directed
Passion of the Christ
Hacksaw Ridge

Well to each his own, but you are definitely in the minority. There were a few funny moments in the movie.

I agree we need more original movies

Rotten Tomatoes is usually pretty accurate. Pretty much everybody I know liked the movie (all ages).

I can think of a few movies that Mel Gibson directed. Braveheart and Apocalypto were very good. I like most of Clint Eastwood directed movies as well.
I wanted to like Apocalypto, but it just didn't for me. Braveheart was great.

Reactions: axingfools1
I'll take the Obi-Wan series over anything that's on the big screen right now.

I will take cat videos over anything on the big screen. Have you seen that clip where some guy finds like 20 kittens??

It was okay but i wouldnt see it again. I would rank it last to all the Jurassic Movies.

1. Jurrasic World
2. the first one
5. Fallen Kingdom
6. Dominion
I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom or Dominion. I actually agree with you that Jurassic World and the first one were the two best, although I would still rank the first one as the best just due to how groundbreaking it was, plus I thought the performances were great.

I thought Jurassic World actually had some clever meta commentary with Indominus Rex how they had to create this new super-dinosaur because plain old regular dinosaurs won't bring out the crowds anymore.

The other two movies in the sequel trilogy just look ridiculous and I haven't bothered to see them.

I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom or Dominion. I actually agree with you that Jurassic World and the first one were the two best, although I would still rank the first one as the best just due to how groundbreaking it was, plus I thought the performances were great.

I thought Jurassic World actually had some clever meta commentary with Indominus Rex how they had to create this new super-dinosaur because plain old regular dinosaurs won't bring out the crowds anymore.

The other two movies in the sequel trilogy just look ridiculous and I haven't bothered to see them.
For me it’s the first Jurassic Park and nothing else.
The first movie was an abolished classic. 2 was trash and 3 would have been ok had they not turned the Raptors into evil geniuses. That scene where they gave back the eggs and bowed was ridiculous. The new trilogy had its moments but nothing beats seeing the T Rex break out of his encampment in the first movie.

I just watched Man vs Bee on Netflix. MR Bean is in it. Its hilarious, MR Bean is the goat of comedy.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT