ADVERTISEMENT

Omega

bkelly

MI Hall of Famer
Dec 2, 2004
According to some sources, Omega was already in trouble with Floyd over smoking grass but they used his poor grades as the excuse to sit him for the first half of the season. Apparently Omega and Wynn are the problem childs of the team, which is a shame because both have a lot of potential.

If you want to question my sources, just remember I told yall about McFarland being kicked off the football team months before the story broke.....

Reactions: TortugaEP
I don't judge these kids character from smoking a little bud. It's El Paso, they're young, and half ( of not more) of this country does it.

It's true they should know better, but this shouldn't be an issue in today's society..

Reactions: tbleslieDELETE
I don't judge these kids character from smoking a little bud. It's El Paso, they're young, and half ( of not more) of this country does it.

It's true they should know better, but this shouldn't be an issue in today's society..
Nonsense. Because some states have legalized pot doesn't mean that it is acceptable everywhere. The team does not need stoners creating discord and problems. Floyd is right to have a zero tolerance policy.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
"It shouldn't be an issue in today's society"...but that's not the issue here at all. The issue is Omega agreed to be a part of a program where he knew that smoking was going to be forbidden. And he still did it! Look, I agree it should have been legalized a long time ago. I have no problem with pot. I probably would toke up now and then if I could. I get tested, yearly and randomly. I stay away or suffer the consequences. Its not a matter of today's society for me. That's just not part of the equation, and it's not part of Omega's equation either. Once you agree to be part of something that is going to ban the use of drugs, all questions about the morality of pot use goes out the window. I guess youth does have something to do with it, but he made the choice and now suffers the consequences. How important is basketball to Omega? Guess we'll find out.

USAF are you allowed to smoke grass? Thank you!
So what you are saying is that it's O.K. for your kids to smoke grass.

GO Miners...

Reactions: miner1liner
If Omega was on the football team he would have been kicked off the team immediately.

But he's not on the football team. If we're gonna play the "if" game then more than just Omega and Winn would get the boot for smoking pot "if" they were on the fb team. We can sit here all day and point out how it is illegal or immoral and wrong to smoke herb, but the stark reality is that over 50% of college basketball and college football athletes partake of the stuff. It's just a matter of "if" they get caught. It is what it was is.

I don't condone it, but how did he get caught? Drug test? His car was "up in smoke"? Some kids are very dumb.

According to some sources, Omega was already in trouble with Floyd over smoking grass but they used his poor grades as the excuse to sit him for the first half of the season. Apparently Omega and Wynn are the problem childs of the team, which is a shame because both have a lot of potential.

If you want to question my sources, just remember I told yall about McFarland being kicked off the football team months before the story broke.....

Smoke grass? Haha! I thought calling marijuana "grass" died sometime in the 80s. Don't get me wrong, the terms conjures up great memories of Cheech and Chong but I haven't heard it in ages and it cracked me up!

I never said Winn was caught smoking but the way my source was talking about him, it sounds like he may of been caught as well and was issued a warning along with Omega. The issue with Omega is that his grades are terrible so it was a one-two punch for him.

On a good note, apparently the incoming players are all great guys. They were raving about what good guys Broderick and McSwiggan are as well. Since McSwiggan is older, they said its apparent how much more mature he is than the other younger players.

Reactions: allminer
But he's not on the football team. If we're gonna play the "if" game then more than just Omega and Winn would get the boot for smoking pot "if" they were on the fb team. We can sit here all day and point out how it is illegal or immoral and wrong to smoke herb, but the stark reality is that over 50% of college basketball and college football athletes partake of the stuff. It's just a matter of "if" they get caught. It is what it was is.

So just because you say 50% of people break the law, it's ok for others to break the law as well. Got it.

Reactions: Epsilon00
I'm not questioning the legality, I'm saying I don't question the kids character because of it.

So maybe he knows he shouldn't do it, and it's against team rules. This doesn't mean he's a bad seed, negatively affecting all the angels on the team. He's a kid who had an error in judgment. He did nothing that harms anyone in the grand scheme of life, it just hurts the team without his presence.

Some of y'all who think he's some bad egg pothead need to acclimate yourselves to the 21st century. Most people do the stuff cause they know it harms neither them nor their fellow citizens.

And to answer the other poster-- yes, I can smoke pot. I'm not in the military anymore. I'm a free human being who's able to make my own choices in life. U mad, bro?

No flies on you! You're perfect!
Your spelling and grammar hasn't been all that perfect either, but in that anal retentive mind of yours I'm sure you're the paragon of excellence. Not by a long shot.
Yes, yes, I know, stay classy,

6DBE1D1E-CA6F-4252-9A879DDE9228695F.jpg

No flies on you! You're perfect!
Your spelling and grammar hasn't been all that perfect either, but in that anal retentive mind of yours I'm sure you're the paragon of excellence. Not by a long shot.
Yes, yes, I know, stay classy,
Exactly - many times I could have corrected him on spelling, grammar, etc......but, take the high road, he, unfortunately, is that petty.....

I hope yall are kidding about turning this thread and even this entire message board into a bi*ch fest. Relax people. We are members of this to discuss El Paso and UTEP matters, not someones grammar or drug use.

I remember when Floyd first got here, he quickly got rid of Myron Strong, because of possible marijuana use.

No way he would kick off Omega Harris though. He's a star of the future.

And rightfully so, this basketball program has already been through so much, just trying to keep players in uniform.

I remember when Floyd first got here, he quickly got rid of Myron Strong, because of possible marijuana use.

No way he would kick off Omega Harris though. He's a star of the future.

And rightfully so, this basketball program has already been through so much, just trying to keep players in uniform.
Had a thought about Omega. Wondering if his going off track could be related to his expectations about being the starting point guard this year and then along came Artis. Could have really shattered his psyche.

Had a thought about Omega. Wondering if his going off track could be related to his expectations about being the starting point guard this year and then along came Artis. Could have really shattered his psyche.

Or, maybe he just likes smoking a little and chasing coeds. I heard he got a haircut though, so maybe he's refocusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: USAFminersfan
Hopefully, he will learn from this because if he does he will be a really good player for us, as a freshman he was good so I expect better things from him in the future it would be ashame
for him to throw that away

I hope yall are kidding about turning this thread and even this entire message board into a bi*ch fest. Relax people. We are members of this to discuss El Paso and UTEP matters, not someones grammar or drug use.

It's all damn Obama's fault!:p

Reactions: TortugaEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT