ADVERTISEMENT

Opening line for UTEP @ Texas Tech is....

Minerinciter

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 20, 2001
According to vegasinsider.com, TX Tech -16.5 now stands at -20.5.
Game time: 1:05 p.m. MT/ 2:05 p.m. CT
Satellite radio: Sirius ch. 108 (TX Tech broadcast)
TV: Fox Sports SW, FSAZ (Joined in Progress), FSDET+, FSMW, FS North, FSOH, FS West, MASN2, MSG+.
Early forecast according to weather.com:
Travel day Friday: 87° Sunny, 10% chance of rain.
Game day Saturday: 85° Sunny, 10% chance of rain.

I'll take +20.5 for Utep all day, I think this game is closer than that I think Utep can win, but realistically I'd probably bet TT 42-Utep 34, but they won't lose by 3 TD's...Easy Money right there

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I recorded the Tech SHSU game and watched it after the UTEP game. Tech's defense is terrible its worse than last year. SHSU an fcs school scored 45 points and left 21 more on the field. We are a much more physical team than Tech we will control both lines of scrimmage. This should be a win i will be extremely disapointed if we dont win. Take the money line.

The Miners have to come out firing on all cylinders. This is a winnable game and we have to come out ready to play. I hope the Miners can eliminate the silly turnovers and issues with the kicking game. Our tacking has to improve significantly. We all know tech will be throwing the ball and looking to exploit out secondary.

It's still @ tech though... So it'll be a tough one, but I agree Miners will be much better matched up with the reddish raiders... Unless they get pass happy and torch em. Miners can help their cause by controlling the clock.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Seems to me that Stoker comes from the Buddy Ryan school of defense: if I can't get the qb with 4 guys, I'll throw 5; if I can't get the qb with 5, I'll throw 6; and so on. Thus leaving the corners on an island. That means the front 7 have got to have an A+ game for the Miners to succeed. I cannot imagine Tech's qb to be as accurate a passer as the Razor's - that kid was dynamite. Hopefully number 10 for the Miners will be laying the lumber to a host of techsters this coming weekend.

Just remember, our QB is 5 feet tall. We will NOT score enough points.
I will be debbie downer for you guys...Well, me, chihuahua. carlos, epipen, etc....

Yeah, but it's exciting to look forward to Kavika in the wildcat. Eventually, he's got to throw the ball.

Just remember, our QB is 5 feet tall. We will NOT score enough points.
I will be debbie downer for you guys...Well, me, chihuahua. carlos, epipen, etc....
Why does he keep shrinking as the season starts lol he's 5'10-5'11 but El Paso Times now has him at 5'8 and you have him at 5'0! Lol he's gonna be 3'6 by the time the season finishes lol

Sorry, it's ONLY my opinion. I'll stick to it....I HATE it, but I think we are 0-2 after Saturday.

I'm a Tech fan and I think that line is too high. Not saying it isn't going to happen with a few turnovers, but if I bet on the game I'd probably take UTEP with the points.

I think y'all will get yards on the ground, and A. Jones will probably have a field day with our swiss cheese run defense, but I also think we will force a few turnovers and end up winning by 14-17. Just my honest take. We were lucky to get out of El Paso alive last year, but its a different story in Lubbock and with Mahomes at QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT