ADVERTISEMENT

OPT Utep at S.Miss (Halloween Edition)

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I'll start it Utep will fight, but S.Miss will take this in convincing fashion

S. Miss 45
Utep 27

You didn't win, but since it means so much to you and since I don't want to hear other people cry over a silly prediction thread (and since you can't do math) you can have it.

Southern Miss 40
UTEP 14

Just to clarify, how are we calculating who wins? It's common sense it's the difference between the two scores, but I guess some of you have your own rules.

I don't want to hear other people crying but just to clarify...

300x300.jpg

You didn't win, but since it means so much to you and since I don't want to hear other people cry over a silly prediction thread (and since you can't do math) you can have it.

Southern Miss 40
UTEP 14

Just to clarify, how are we calculating who wins? It's common sense it's the difference between the two scores, but I guess some of you have your own rules.

It's not like you haven't started an OPT thread when you didn't win you stupid effing jackass. I guess you don't think the rules apply to you either. Stfu and gtfo. Other than epsilon, I mean your alter ego, no one wants you here anyway.

Reactions: mikesarabia

Southern Miss 40
UTEP 14

Lol I don't care who won man, or who starts the thread I'm just playing a long, didn't know it meant so much to you bro lol

Lol I don't care who won man, or who starts the thread I'm just playing a long, didn't know it meant so much to you bro lol

lol Good to know. I don't care either. I just thought it was strange you would go along thinking you won when it was clear as day you lost. But enough of this, because it's clear we both don't care. At least the homophobe and his followers got their way since it's obvious they care so much about a silly thread that has so much impact on their lives.

lol Good to know. I don't care either. I just thought it was strange you would go along thinking you won when it was clear as day you lost. But enough of this, because it's clear we both don't care. At least the homophobe and his followers got their way since it's obvious they care so much about a silly thread that has so much impact on their lives.
congrats on second place

You don't care but this is at least your second version of this post. You went back and added to it.

Reactions: randaddyMiner
you have some serious mental issues.

I was at the Carroll University Pioneers vs. Ripon College Red Hawks game in Waukesha, Wisconsin sitting in a cold, misty rain. Good thing is Carroll's colors are identical to the Miners...and they won.

Useless info: Ripon College famous alums: Spencer Tracy & Harrison Ford.

Can someone call out the doggy that if he's going to put people on ignore, it's even more chicken-sh!t of him to continue to call them out. What a puss.

Weather.com forecast for Hattiesburg: a.m. scattered thunderstorms, becoming more widespread in p.m. Flooding rain possible. Chance of rain 90%.
UTEP 10
USM 45

Good luck Miner fans. You're going to need a lot of it to keep this one close on Saturday.

Expectations are realistic. Fans are hoping for one more win against UNT and regroup and heal next year. Like I said earlier in this thread, it will be over by halftime. Coach Kugler road games have been Halloween'ish to say the least. UTEP had to come from behind to beat a bad NMSU team (and long time rival).

Expectations are realistic. Fans are hoping for one more win against UNT and regroup and heal next year. Like I said earlier in this thread, it will be over by halftime. Coach Kugler road games have been Halloween'ish to say the least. UTEP had to come from behind to beat a bad NMSU team (and long time rival).

Sounds like you guys had a lot of injuries. Tough to overcome unless you have quality players on the bench. That's been the biggest difference between last year and this year for USM.

Sounds like you guys had a lot of injuries. Tough to overcome unless you have quality players on the bench. That's been the biggest difference between last year and this year for USM.

Our starting QB is back from injury but is young and still a little green. Had a breakout game last week at home against FAU and Coach Kugler opened up a new passing offense since his star rb is out for the season. But then again, that was at home and against FAU. I think he will have a couple of nice passes during the game, but our receivers drop waaaay to many passes and that has been an enduring problem since fall camp. Drop passes = stalled drives = inefficiency; hence why this will get ugly quickly. Also, UTEP was supposed to have this awesome offensive line but sadly have underachieved and have made many costly penalties which also stall drives.

If...and only if, UTEP Oline decides to step up and play to their potential, our secondary actually shows a decent pass protection and UTEP receivers hold on to the ball more consistently, and you all have like, 5 turnovers, then maybe UTEP will make this game interesting. FAU really shouldn't have lost that game last week, but they took off at least 17 points off the board by their own bone headed mistakes (2 goal line miscues and a field goal snafu by the holder).

I think people who haven't played football before get too caught up on what happened earlier in the season. I'm not saying they'll win, but if your not in practice or the locker room, you don't know the changes made within a season. This team looked improved against FL Atlantic and I think they'll fight and keep it relatively close, maybe 2 tds

I think people who haven't played football before get too caught up on what happened earlier in the season. I'm not saying they'll win, but if your not in practice or the locker room, you don't know the changes made within a season. This team looked improved against FL Atlantic and I think they'll fight and keep it relatively close, maybe 2 tds
The only way I see UTEP keeping this game close into the second half is for the Eagles to have another four turnover game like they did against UTSA. That game still ended up 32-10.
USM defense has given up 30 points total in three home games since the opener against MS State. UTEP allowing 54 points a game on the road. On paper this one should be a blowout.

Southern Miss is ranked 82nd in ESPN's power index. They haven't beaten anyone that's good. I'm not saying UTEP wins this one on the road, but it's not like we're playing some powerhouse team here.

Reactions: Epsilon00
Our starting QB is back from injury but is young and still a little green. Had a breakout game last week at home against FAU and Coach Kugler opened up a new passing offense since his star rb is out for the season. But then again, that was at home and against FAU. I think he will have a couple of nice passes during the game, but our receivers drop waaaay to many passes and that has been an enduring problem since fall camp. Drop passes = stalled drives = inefficiency; hence why this will get ugly quickly. Also, UTEP was supposed to have this awesome offensive line but sadly have underachieved and have made many costly penalties which also stall drives.

If...and only if, UTEP Oline decides to step up and play to their potential, our secondary actually shows a decent pass protection and UTEP receivers hold on to the ball more consistently, and you all have like, 5 turnovers, then maybe UTEP will make this game interesting. FAU really shouldn't have lost that game last week, but they took off at least 17 points off the board by their own bone headed mistakes (2 goal line miscues and a field goal snafu by the holder).

FAU did leave points on the field but so did UTEP. Dropped passes cost UTEP at least 14 points so I don't believe it's a case of FAU should have won. I think UTEP should have and actually did win this game. I think USM is obviously better than FAU and UTEP right now but hoping for a much more competitive effort from the Miners than their last road game. Having a QB play well would help.

FAU did leave points on the field but so did UTEP. Dropped passes cost UTEP at least 14 points so I don't believe it's a case of FAU should have won. I think UTEP should have and actually did win this game. I think USM is obviously better than FAU and UTEP right now but hoping for a much more competitive effort from the Miners than their last road game. Having a QB play well would help.

True. However, I was referring to actual go ahead points for FAU. Two goal plays where they fumbled and threw a careless interception. They then when for a late 4th quarter field goal on first down to preserve time so they could try the on side kick for possible recovery. Luckily the snapper made it to high for the holder and screwed up the kickers timing.

True. However, I was referring to actual go ahead points for FAU. Two goal plays where they fumbled and threw a careless interception. They then when for a late 4th quarter field goal on first down to preserve time so they could try the on side kick for possible recovery. Luckily the snapper made it to high for the holder and screwed up the kickers timing.

We also gave FAU a touchdown on that fumbled punt inside the five.

Saturday didn't go quite how I pictured going into the game. I was a little worried after the Miners 8 minute field goal drive. Three play drive by the Golden Eagles to end the half was definitely the turning point.
Good luck the rest of the season. I think you can beat Rice this week. Both teams play a similar run first, ball control offense and have problems on defense. Short week and Rice having to travel should give you an edge.

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT