ADVERTISEMENT

Orange and White Scrimmage

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Here is a link with information on today's Orange and White Scrimmage:
http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102116aaa.html

Last year I was able to attend the scrimmage and provided a player by player breakdown of what I saw. This year I'm on a business trip to Colorado Springs. I would appreciate it if those attending the scrimmage would provide analysis on the scrimmage. Thanks.

Oh, and based on the rosters, the Orange should kill the White.

Game underway -- I'd say pleasant surprise so far is Paul Thomas.

I was impressed with Thomas. Greatly improved.
Wilms looks good. More confident. Doesn't seem to be hurt.
Jones is a very good rebounder. He IS a freshman so he will foul a LOT until he figures it out.
I wonder how many of the new guys will play much. I think in time, Moore will be special. Barrett might play a lot because he looks under control.

I though Cameron looked like the frosh with the most upside. It's only one scrimmage, and he looks raw, but man that kid is athletic.

Thomas gave Winn fits with his defense. He was very active and dominated a 2 minute stretch in the second half. Moore played with lots of poise. Harris hit at least 7 threes in a row before he missed. Both touchet and flaggert shot the 3 well. We will give teams fits by hitting clutch threes. Jones is aggressive on the defensive boards. Barrett will get to play this year. Listed at 5'10". He is no where near that. He might be 5'6". I was surprised that Moore and Barret were the best of the newbies.

I was at the game and jdubb take is spot on. I would add that Jones is probably the second coming of Lang but with more offensive upside. And Lang wasn't Lang until his second year or so but hopefully he is a fast study.

I was at the game and jdubb take is spot on. I would add that Jones is probably the second coming of Lang but with more offensive upside. And Lang wasn't Lang until his second year or so but hopefully he is a fast study.

Jones is either in terrible shape, or he just doesn't have much stamina. The guy was gassed minutes into the scrimmage.

Ced was a grinder and a banger.

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT