ADVERTISEMENT

OT:9 years !!!

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
😱😱😱

What a dummy. Why even go to Russia during a time of war??

Sanctions are working apparently? She was fined one million rubles or $16,590 (USA). Wow'zers!

Vlad is in a pickle totally of his creation.

She was probably high and forgot she had the equivalent of a felony on her.
We don’t know all the facts but those Russian sentences are hard core. I bet there are tons of people, forget about athletes and celebrities who go abroad and they assume these foreign authorities are light on certain crimes just like the U.S.

I know we’ve talked about it on the WC thread but there will be some westerner who travels to Qatar and acts a fool, either drinking, acting a fool in public or trying to get laid like they’re in Rio. People don’t understand you travel to a foreign country like you’re to the road stadium alone. Be cool and don’t act like an idiot, don’t give someone a reason to whoop your ass.

We don’t know all the facts but those Russian sentences are hard core. I bet there are tons of people, forget about athletes and celebrities who go abroad and they assume these foreign authorities are light on certain crimes just like the U.S.

I know we’ve talked about it on the WC thread but there will be some westerner who travels to Qatar and acts a fool, either drinking, acting a fool in public or trying to get laid like they’re in Rio. People don’t understand you travel to a foreign country like you’re to the road stadium alone. Be cool and don’t act like an idiot, don’t give someone a reason to whoop your ass.
Well, yes.

However, she is a political pawn. The U.S. has released more nefarious Russians within the recent past like Russina spy Maria Butina and Putin's notorious personal criminal biker gang the "Night Wolves" (aka-"Putin's Angels") who were in the U.S. to clearly cause harm and/or disruption to the elections were given less or just told to go home.

https://sofrep.com/news/meet-the-night-wolves-russias-paramilitary-biker-gang/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/world/europe/maria-butina-russia-duma.html

If she would have gotten caught with thc oil in Texas it's a

"Less than a gram, is a State Jail Felony – 180 days to 2 years in State Jail and up to a $10,000.00 fine."

She had .7 of a gram.

A full gram and she's looking at

"1 gram but less than 4 grams, is a Third-Degree Felony – 2-10 years in Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and up to a $10,000.00 fine."

This situation is terrible for Griner, her family, friends and teammates. I can’t even imagine. I hope there’s some kind of resolution where she’s able to come back to the states, and soon. Wouldn’t wish an experience like this on anyone.

With that said, I don’t buy that she “didn’t intend” to bring the vape oil. She didn’t intend to get caught, I believe. You have to know NOT to go into Russia, of all places, with ANYTHING illegal. It’s that simple. Still, I would imagine she’s learned a lesson or to by now and hope something gets worked out. What a horrible situation she got herself into.

9 years is harsh. Russia could be throwing the book at her in order to gain more leverage in a prisoner exchange. I know they wanted high level criminals returned to Russia and it’s possible the public may put pressure on the US to get her back at any cost.

Reactions: kickballpro
This situation is terrible for Griner, her family, friends and teammates. I can’t even imagine. I hope there’s some kind of resolution where she’s able to come back to the states, and soon. Wouldn’t wish an experience like this on anyone.

With that said, I don’t buy that she “didn’t intend” to bring the vape oil. She didn’t intend to get caught, I believe. You have to know NOT to go into Russia, of all places, with ANYTHING illegal. It’s that simple. Still, I would imagine she’s learned a lesson or to by now and hope something gets worked out. What a horrible situation she got herself into.
When you travel to another country, it’s best to know their rules. It’s not like she was going there for vacation, but still, only has herself to blame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT