ADVERTISEMENT

OT : ALL THINGS SOCCER (-) WC and EURO CUP 😜

Question for all you connoisseurs of futbol. Even I know that this isn't the US best 11. Why would you not play your best players for a championship? Is it a logistical thing (players not wanting to play or not available)? Or is it a developmental thing? Maybe strategical (saving your best players) for WC qualifiers?

Also, was Qatar using its best team or B team?
Club teams won't release their good players at this time of the year because of covid and other things.

Players may want a break, because soccer is pretty much year round, so they can refuse the call up.

Qatar was pretty much using their A team

Last edited:
Reactions: develman
Turner already coming up big. As is often the case, no flow/connection between our midfield and forwards. Let’s Mexico continuously pound the ball down our throats.

Arriola!! Good lord. Have to capitalize on the minimal opportunities we’re gonna have.

Money over everything else!

Imagine the crowd if Qatar and Canada would have won.
If Quatar had won it would be the same.

If Canada had won USMNT doesn't get close to a sell out. I had bought 2 extra tickets for the USMNT vs Quatar in Austin for 100 each and couldn't even sell them at 60 during game week. Last time I believe they have any selling power.

Quatar vs Canada would have been a disaster for attendance.

Berhalter better sub for Sands soon. He’s gonna cost us this game. I think he’s played every minute of every game so far but him looking fatigued is putting it mildly.

Extra time! USA looks better as the game goes on, when the first half was almost all Mexico. (Same as vs. Qatar.)

Is it conditioning? I wonder if their strategy is just to let the other team tire themselves out in the first half.

Extra time! USA looks better as the game goes on, when the first half was almost all Mexico. (Same as vs. Qatar.)

Is it conditioning? I wonder if their strategy is just to let the other team tire themselves out in the first half.
I think it’s has as much to do with Berhalter waiting 80 minutes to sub half of his field players as anything. Fresh legs.

Reactions: utep2step
Placed a $9 bet to win 40 if USA wins in ET. Either way I win no matter what happens.

Mexico controlled the game, but the US was just a lot more dangerous in the final third. The back line was just positioned really well. It got to the point that I wasn't getting worried when Mexico got in the final third

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Mexico controlled the game, but the US was just a lot more dangerous in the final third. The back line was just positioned really well. It got to the point that I wasn't getting worried when Mexico got in the final third
Agree. The back line played well throughout the cup. I was worried about Sands when he gave the ball away twice in 3 minutes in our 1/3 of the field. He looked gassed but he finished strong.

Ok, another rookie question why does the USMNT hardly if ever win possession % vs Mexico?

Ok, another rookie question why does the USMNT hardly if ever win possession % vs Mexico?
Stone feet and super slow on forward passing decisiveness. Also way to many power kicks out of the back 3rd.

One touch/one time passing and shooting are apparently hard to find in North America as well.

Is Memo Ochoa still considered Mexico’s top GK? Also, I didn’t see Guardado on either of Mexico’s rosters. I wonder if he’s aged out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT