ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any new places to eat in ELP?

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
That are like 5 years or newer?

I saw that Mr Senter was eating at Schlotzkys for lunch. Is there any new places in El Paso that are good ? Last time i was in El Paso i see a lot of new mexican places are opening. And i also saw that the team was eating at Double Tree. Is there a restaurant there or was it just for a special occasion?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Bosses chicken, Julio’s coming to the Westside, pieology, bricktown, grimaldis

Last edited:
I can imagine Senter asking for recommendations and people going "Chicos, H&H, Famous Daves for BBQ". And now he's eating at Schlotzkys.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Saltgrass, Garufa, Anson 11, Ruth Chris and Chophouse are a few newer steak places.

Last edited:
Welcome back! Block, on Mesa, is good too. Hoppy Monk (bar) has a very good chef. Innovative bar food.

That’s nice that El Paso got a Saltgrass. My favorite steak house is Vic and Anthony’s but it might be a while if ever El Paso gets a location.

El Paso has gone totally trendy.

I just got back from "Mac's Place" in downtown that has very affordable seafood plates. The Honey and Cilantro shrimp tacos were great and the Southwest seafood soup was really good and different.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I'm surprised no one mentioned Coralitos...I hear they are delicious...
Never been to it. People say the UTEP site is crowded and not as good as the Doniphan location which is much better. (Don't shoot the messenger. That's the word on the street).

Reactions: axingfools1
Desert Oak BBQ on Rojas and Zaragoza best central Texas BBQ in town. El Paso has never seen anything like it.
Haven't heard of it but I'm gonna try it out. Thanks!

I live far east so the new Rib Hut has been awesome and there's a new Famous Daves about to open in front of the theatre on Montana (no not the adult theatre)

The problem with Chico's is that you either love it or hate it. I love it, but I wouldn't recommend it to somebody visiting because there are better options to choose from.

La Madeleine, Jason’s Deli, Mooyah Burgers, Koze Teppan Grill, Whole Foods, Don Carbon, Cane’s, Sushi Zen and Sunny Sushi.

Reactions: El Paso 777
We used to (Senses de Brazil? by the Embassy Suites.). Why did it close?

Sensos de Brazil was a poor attempt at imitating a Brazilian churrascaria. I went there once expecting something similar to the aforementioned restaurants and was very disappointed. They took forever to bring skewers out and the selection was very limited. It was mostly chicken and pork. Their prices were not cheap and their quality and service were lacking. I’m not surprised they shut down.

Brazilian steakhouses don’t seem to do well. Are they any on the west side? There was another one on Lomaland that did not make it.

giphy.gif

A hidden gem is Namu's. It doesn't look like much from the outside because it's in a strip mall, But the Korean food is amazing and the owners are super cool. They even bought me and my wife a shot while we were eating. The ramen is off menu, but it's probably the best Korean I've had.

Oh, they also have some bar food there too like wings and nachos in addition to the Korean food, so there's something for everyone there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT