ADVERTISEMENT

Ot:Anyone know the numbers of people hospitalized

106706550_971226886657443_1042700039024870950_n.jpg

There are just 41 ICU beds available between El Paso, Hudspeth and Culberson as per news this morning.

"The Texas Health and Human Services Department reported Monday that there were a combined 42 ICU beds available in El Paso, Hudspeth and Culberson Counties." -KVIA.com

Thanks for providing this easily accessible information for the guy who doesn’t have time to google stuff himself, but has enough to post a question on a UTEP board.

Sorry I'm not like Autographboy. Who has all the time in the world start crappy threads. And only gives $10 prizes.

All of this available bed crap would greatly improve if we have better testing capacity and quicker turnaround on the results. Most of the patients in the COVID units are PUIs (people under investigation).

Also, it doesnt matter the number if there is no staff. Hospitals are staffing as usual.

All of this available bed crap would greatly improve if we have better testing capacity and quicker turnaround on the results. Most of the patients in the COVID units are PUIs (people under investigation).

Also, it doesnt matter the number if there is no staff. Hospitals are staffing as usual.
Not sure if I'm understanding you or not, but in El Paso they are not admitting asymptomatic patients to hospitals.

You can get tested easily. But yeah, takes about 3 days to hear results. I'm going to do the antibody test tomorrow. Did the nasal one early June, that wasn't fun.

Reactions: axingfools1
I got lucky and United Health Care asked if I wanted to be part of a study. I do a weekly interview with a UHC employee and I perform a test at home weekly. I do both a nasal swab and an antibody test. I’m 6 for 6 so far, and in Trump’s words, I tested positively toward negative every time.:)

I got lucky and United Health Care asked if I wanted to be part of a study. I do a weekly interview with a UHC employee and I perform a test at home weekly. I do both a nasal swab and an antibody test. I’m 6 for 6 so far, and in Trump’s words, I tested positively toward negative every time.:)

What is the process for after doing the test? You ship it off and get results the next week? Someone picks them up from you???

No know if it’s true but was told Albuquerque is sending patients to Las Cruces hospitals.

What is the process for after doing the test? You ship it off and get results the next week? Someone picks them up from you???

The instructions say to arrange UPS to come pick the test up. There is a UPS store about a mile from my house so I just take it over there. I get a text about 24-36 hours later indicating they’ve received my test kit and another 24-36 hours later I get a message saying that my results are ready to be viewed, which I do by logging into an account.

Not sure if I'm understanding you or not, but in El Paso they are not admitting asymptomatic patients to hospitals.
True. Only people that need to be admitted are getting admitted, but if they are admitted as a PUI then they are put into those COVID units which in turn causes the bed crunch. We are not getting results of the tests until 3-4 days later.

We recently had a 90 minute PCR test, but that only lasted a few weeks before the lab ran out of reagent.

Reactions: techsloth
True. Only people that need to be admitted are getting admitted, but if they are admitted as a PUI then they are put into those COVID units which in turn causes the bed crunch. We are not getting results of the tests until 3-4 days later.

We recently had a 90 minute PCR test, but that only lasted a few weeks before the lab ran out of reagent.
My buddy got infected, had breathing problems and kept him until his breathing got better, they then sent him home to quarantine and recuperate.

My buddy got infected, had breathing problems and kept him until his breathing got better, they then sent him home to quarantine and recuperate.
I'm glad he is ok. Was he positive before or during admission? Was he sent home on oxygen? Did he he get any kind of treatment that you are aware?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT