ADVERTISEMENT

OT: As we head to Easter, stay home El Pasoans!

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Two different groups of people defied the city/county health and met last week to have a pachanga and spread the virus. 12 diagnosed. What the mayor didn't mention is now every single person they came close to, things they touched and public spaces are compromised and those people, friends and family near them need quarantined and people near those people need to self quarantine. A family friend had too because her coworker insisted on visiting a family member who had the virus (I don't know if one of the party goers the mayor mentioned).

Your 1st Ammendment rights are not violated because masses and services are online and ABC 6 is even broadcasting Diocesan Catholic service at all its parishes. Your church is hurting financially, "I guarantee it", so give them a tithing and stay home and skip the backyard festivities this year. This will blow over because research is going really well but scientists need to finish tests and it will take months, not weeks.

If you ignore this the virus will linger, spread more and if no improvement by fall we're f'ed going into the cold season.

A lot of people are going to see family this weekend. I already know of a few. Everyone justifies it a different way. It'll be a smaller group this year, we'll be in the yard, etc.

One creative family is having each nuclear family visit grandma one family at a time. So grandma will see everyone just not a full house.

I tell them that's stupid, but they're going to do it.

Unfortunately none of us are going to convince the people who are just either too dumb, or too stubborn to understand the gravity of the situation. I’m telling you now, someone is going to show up to Christo Rey, Ascarate Park on Sunday.

It also looks like Juarez is getting hit hard, and you know someone from El Paso is going to go to Juarez and get it or vice versa.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
El Pasoans are not listening to the guidance and this past week was indicative of how the virus is spreading like a wildfire. People need to stay home!

And since it takes upwards of two weeks for symptoms to show this was probably before stores limited then amount of customers who could enter and before people started wearing masks.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
People should consider ZOOM gatherings. I know about the downsides but it beats the risks of infection. Seems like people want to play Russian Roulette with the virus. Not ending anytime soon so long as the uneducated or bullet proof continue their foolish stance.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Hope you snitched. This is not bad snitching but being responsible. If they find out and hate you, "I hope its a long and healthy hate" ["Hawkeye"; MASH].
Eh. My girlfriend's ex took his kids to see his grandmother. Each of his sisters and brothers did the same. They did it in 2 hour appointments each family.

A stupid ASF plan and appearantly there was overlaps with families, but what can I do?

Only so many arguments I can engage in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT