ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Beto O’Rourke is a Mexico-loving liberal in Texas. Can he really beat Ted Cruz? Washington Post

Beto is only trying to get elected to the senate.
Screw him. He knows nothing about what the border wants or needs. He's a rich kid. Don't fall for his crap.

On to basketball.

Reactions: Cube Jack
And what does the Border want and need? What facts have you to lay claim to this about O'Rourke? What does Cruz, the anti immigrant, immigrant bring to the table on the border? O'Rourke rich? What is Cruz? A vagabond? I agree, talk basketball. Less alternative facts floating around there.

Cruz is a spineless piece of shit. Trump called out is wife as fugly called his dad a murderer and now he can't get Trump's dick out of his mouth?? He'd sell his mother for a dime.
An alternative view:
Cruz signed a pledge to support the nominee and was able to move beyond Trump's childish taunts and stay true to his word. A man is only as good as his word.

I just can't stand Beto. He uses the democratic population in El Paso to gain profit for HIMSELF and his family. While I do agree with everything said negative about Cruz (he is absolutely a POS), I wish El Paso would take off the liberal blinders and see past Beto's crap. If we elect another democrat, so be it. Just get rid of Beto. Seriously, standing on the bridge to make his points? We live on the border, not IN Mexico.
Typical El Paso....good looking young democrat and we go crazy backing him....

Term limits baby....term limits...

I'm voting for Dee Margo for Mayor don't know if he's a R or a D and really don't care he's the most qualified.
Does that get me out of the box I was put in?

Very good! I haven't looked at the candidates yet. Like your comment, I will vote who I think will be the best choice to run the city. Honestly I don't care affiliation.
I didn't vote for Oscar, but I think he has been ok.
I REALLY hate how our city government is set up. Why do we even have a mayor when we have an over paid city manager?

Margo always presented himself well in the past. I also like that kid from Cathedral.....whathisname?

Our military isn't killing babies. Have you ever served in a combat zone let alone served in our Armed Forces? This is an ignorant comment and this isn't the place for that type of statement.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
I don't know much about beto, but I've seen enough of Cruz to know he's the most fake person I've ever heard speak. The way he talks makes me wonder if he practices some sort of "evangelical pastor" speech pattern in front of a mirror everyday. There is something seriously wrong with him. My gut tells me he likes little boys....

Without getting political, I always find outsiders' views of the borderlands interesting in how uninformed they are. Even people in the rest of Texas form their perceptions based on having seen "Sicario" rather than on the reality of life here.

I don't know much about beto, but I've seen enough of Cruz to know he's the most fake person I've ever heard speak. The way he talks makes me wonder if he practices some sort of "evangelical pastor" speech pattern in front of a mirror everyday. There is something seriously wrong with him. My gut tells me he likes little boys....
He's an Ivy League-educated lawyer and he talks like a slick lawyer. He was a competitive, champion debater at Princeton and (click here because Digs doesn't show different colors for links) they apparently even named an award after him. He's a brilliant guy but you get the feeling that every word he utters is carefully calculated. I get that creepy, calculated vibe from hearing most lawyers speak, so I think it's just ingrained into them during their training.

His father, of course, is a preacher and I'm sure some of that rubbed off on him, so we get some God stuff thrown in. But again, I just hear a well-trained, slick lawyer talking like slick lawyers talk, and he happens to be a very good one. That doesn't tell us whether or not his heart is in the right place and your "little boys" comment is a cheap shot with no basis in fact or reason.

Without getting political, I always find outsiders' views of the borderlands interesting in how uninformed they are. Even people in the rest of Texas form their perceptions based on having seen "Sicario" rather than on the reality of life here.
Ha, you don't know how many times I've had military personnel on my bus point to the Franklin's and tell a buddy, "That's Mexico right there."

Reactions: unihorn
It doesn't take more than 5 minutes of listening to Cruz to figure out where his heart is. He advocated nuking the Middle East to destroy Isis. Gee, I wonder how many babies that would kill?

Our military isn't killing babies. Have you ever served in a combat zone let alone served in our Armed Forces? This is an ignorant comment and this isn't the place for that type of statement.
Huh? Have no babies ever been killed by the US Military in its entire history? OK, native Americans, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Vietnam, Iraq?. It's ignorant to think that innocent children haven't been killed in all our interventions around the world.

It doesn't take more than 5 minutes of listening to Cruz to figure out where his heart is. He advocated nuking the Middle East to destroy Isis. Gee, I wonder how many babies that would kill?
I agree that kind of rhetoric isn't helpful.

Huh? Have no babies ever been killed by the US Military in its entire history? OK, native Americans, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Vietnam, Iraq?. It's ignorant to think that innocent children haven't been killed in all our interventions around the world.
Yes, war is hell, and civilian deaths are usually incidental, not intentional. Abortions are intentional. If you're a Catholic who professes to believe that life begins at conception, then to support abortion is to support the intentional taking of innocent life, which is the definition of murder. Simple logic, for a Catholic. (Click link) Logically, John Kerry supports legalized murder. What a despicable stance to take.

Three of the examples you cite (Nagasaki, Hiroshima, and Vietnam) were started by Democrats, of course. It's tough to argue there wouldn't be civilian deaths with Nagasaki and Hiroshima, but the alternative was an invasion of Japan that most predict would have cost even more lives. What's the right thing to do? I'm glad I don't have to make that call. Sometimes there are no good options.

Federalf, just solely based on reading a bunch of crap on a message board, I like your objective thinking. You don't seem so closed minded. 2 thumbs up!

Yes, war is hell, and civilian deaths are usually incidental, not intentional. Abortions are intentional. If you're a Catholic who professes to believe that life begins at conception, then to support abortion is to support the intentional taking of innocent life, which is the definition of murder. Simple logic, for a Catholic. (Click link) Logically, John Kerry supports legalized murder. What a despicable stance to take.

Three of the examples you cite (Nagasaki, Hiroshima, and Vietnam) were started by Democrats, of course. It's tough to argue there wouldn't be civilian deaths with Nagasaki and Hiroshima, but the alternative was an invasion of Japan that most predict would have cost even more lives. What's the right thing to do? I'm glad I don't have to make that call. Sometimes there are no good options.
Excuse me but wars are intentional. You might argue they're necessary, but they're all intentional (by both sides).
So many unwanted children in the world, why would you want more? Never understood that. More fodder for another just war down the line? I just don't see the same outrage by fundamentalists for loss of life in wars as opposed to a woman's right to do what she see's fit for her own body. But of course if you're a fundamentalist then you see women as subservient to man, maybe that's the rub? Isn't that in one of the 66 books in the Bible?

I served I the military, and yes we have killed babies in combat zones, they are referred to as collateral damage........I'm not condoning it, but it does happen.

Reactions: develman
Excuse me but wars are intentional. You might argue they're necessary, but they're all intentional (by both sides).
I didn't say they weren't. I said the taking of civilian life is not intentional. Our military does everything it can to minimize civilian casualties in conducting war. We are always upgrading our weapons with precision technology so that we can more accurately hit our target and not a neighboring school. Our rules of engagement are defined to minimize civilian casualties, often at the cost of our on soldiers' safety. It is not our intention to kill civilians, not in our current military. That is what Miners1991 meant, I believe, with his comment.

I just don't see the same outrage by fundamentalists for loss of life in wars as opposed to a woman's right to do what she see's fit for her own body. But of course if you're a fundamentalist then you see women as subservient to man, maybe that's the rub? Isn't that in one of the 66 books in the Bible?
I'm not a fundamentalist. I'm a Catholic.

Single issue voting is myopic, plain and simple...
http://www.popsugar.com/news/Cathol...cebook&utm_source=post&utm_campaign=frontdoor

Honestly, I like hearing others opinions, regardless the topic. For open minded people, it gives a different view aside from your own. That doesn't mean I will agree, but I will always listen.....except to that troll on this site. :)

Cube, isn't there a very young guy that is on the board at Cathedral that wanted to bring Lou Holtz to town? He was very well spoken and said he was going to run for mayor. I just can't remember his name.

Reactions: allminer

Unfortunately, there is collateral damage in war but our military really does do everything they can to minimize that. Your original comment seemed to state that our military sets out to kill the innocent.

Honestly, I like hearing others opinions, regardless the topic. For open minded people, it gives a different view aside from your own. That doesn't mean I will agree, but I will always listen.....except to that troll on this site. :)

Cube, isn't there a very young guy that is on the board at Cathedral that wanted to bring Lou Holtz to town? He was very well spoken and said he was going to run for mayor. I just can't remember his name.

David Saucedo?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT