ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: Bubba Wallace

Talk about a misunderstanding. But this is the problem with everyone jumping the gun and drawing their own conclusions.

This is what happens when we ignore due process (14th amendment) in public view in order to gain clicks, have "hot takes" versus gathering facts and evidence. This is an embarrassment from NASCAR and the people who immediately jumped to noose for Bubba Wallace. The whole virtue signaling done at Talladega was all done for a rope that opens a garage door. Well done everyone!

I don’t even know why people are wasting their time on NASCAR. It’s a predominately Southern/white sport. It will never be diverse. Only white people care about it. LeBron never grew up in Akron wanting to be a NASCAR driver.

Bubba Wallace and other blacks have it tough in NASCAR, I wouldn’t expect it to ever change.

I remember a mayoral debate in the early 2000s, Presi Ortega was talking about building a race track to bring in NASCAR. As a fan, it was cool to hear even though it was never gonna happen.

At least there’s some ambition there. Fast forward 15 years and the city is like - “Let’s build an average arena so we can maybe get a DLeague team there!”

Is this the only track that has those kind of ropes or why would NASCAR let this escalate to this level? You would think that the person who found it would know what it is, or the very least someone would have told him "No you dumb ass, that's not a noose, it's to close the garage door". This just sounds so damn stupid.

I kind of figured something was up when they made it a point to point out that Wallace didn't find and that he hadn't seen it.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Just saw an interview with Wallace. They had video of the garage from 2019. It is tied as a noose. I guess I could see how NASCAR and the pit crew screwed up, but Wallace did bring up a good point, it takes time to tie that type of knot as opposed to what you would expect to be in a garage.

Attention all white people, if you don’t own any Jay-Z cd’s or like the NBA and you own any Toby Keith, Kid Rock, or ZZ Top albums, remove any hanging rope from your places of business and residence. Don’t want to be accused of trying to hang black people!

I’ve never watched NASCAR, never cared for it. But this is a serious black eye for the sport, and it was all over a dumb misunderstanding. The sport took a big enough hit with the ban on the confederate flag, now they got all kinds of crap for a knot that was on a door for almost a year. What’s even more hilarious is that CNN said there were 15 FBI agents assigned to the case. There has to be more pressing issues at this moment, and assigning that type of manpower to investigate a knot is a serious misallocation of resources.

Just saw an interview with Wallace. They had video of the garage from 2019. It is tied as a noose. I guess I could see how NASCAR and the pit crew screwed up, but Wallace did bring up a good point, it takes time to tie that type of knot as opposed to what you would expect to be in a garage.
Who knows how to tie a noose? Is it common knowledge in certain areas? I guarantee all the news outlets are looking for the guy (or gal).

Is he sticking with the story that it’s a noose? He does understand that knots serve all kinds of purposes right? Are we on our way to interpreting the loops in shoelaces as racist as well because someone can interpret them as nooses as well? 2020 has become very Spinal Tap-esque when knots are interpreted as racist.

On a similar note, do you guys think the black men found hanging from trees committed suicide?

On a similar note, do you guys think the black men found hanging from trees committed suicide?

In this case it’s apples to oranges. That knot tied on that garage might have looked like a noose but it’s not that type of knot because if it was there for over half a year how come the loop didn’t close up if people were pulling on it? Was this a misunderstanding? Absolutely. There really is no reason for this guy to stand his ground and say it was a noose because it’s not that. There’s no harm in saying, “It looked like a noose, I raised my concerns to NASCAR, it’s been there forever. Cool... my bad.”

Last edited:
In this case it’s apples to oranges. That knot tied on that garage might have looked like a noose but it’s not that type of knot because if it was there for over half a year how come the loop didn’t close up if people were pulling on it? Was this a misunderstanding? Absolutely. There really is no reason for this guy to stand his ground and say it was a noose because it’s not that. There’s no harm in saying, “It looked like a noose, I raised my concerns to NASCAR, it’s been there forever. Cool... my bad.”
He was wrong and doubled down. Reminds me of someone. I don’t care for that drama. I’m more curious to find why black men are showing up hanging from trees.

My apologies. I thought you were trying to compare these two events.

Why isn’t the FBI investing these events as possible hate crimes as opposed to a knot in a NASCAR garage? It’s impossible to generalize and say these are murders or suicides with 0 information. Every one of these deaths has different motives and evidence. But if they are murders I hope they find those responsible.

My apologies. I thought you were trying to compare these two events.

Why isn’t the FBI investing these events as possible hate crimes as opposed to a knot in a NASCAR garage? It’s impossible to generalize and say these are murders or suicides with 0 information. Every one of these deaths has different motives and evidence. But if they are murders I hope they find those responsible.
I couldn't read the article. Does it read that there is no investigation?

Of all the rope pull downs, only the one in that garage was tied in the fashion of a noose. That wasn't Wallace's assigned garage though and the rope had been that way since 2019. May not have been new, but somebody tied it that way.

Just take it down and advise all tracks that they will be fined and risk losing their race if ropes are found in this fashion.

Of all the rope pull downs, only the one in that garage was tied in the fashion of a noose. That wasn't Wallace's assigned garage though and the rope had been that way since 2019. May not have been new, but somebody tied it that way.

Just take it down and advise all tracks that they will be fined and risk losing their race if ropes are found in this fashion.
. But do you understand that is going overboard in a way. The knot that was tied is a knot that serves a genuine purpose. How overboard are we going when there are bigger fish to fry that a knot is causing controversy. “Make sure all equipment is strapped down using non-racist knots.” Should bass fishing leagues ban the knot when they tie their lures because of possible racist overtones? Should carnival cruiselines develop a new imaginary knot out of nowhere to tie down equipment and moor Boats? Should those rodeo leagues ban cattle roping from competition because the ropes cinch around animal’s necks leading people to argue about “possible” perceived racist overtones? There has to be a reasonable understanding here.

. But do you understand that it’s going overboard in a way. The knot that was tied is a knot that serves a genuine purpose. How overboard are we going when there are bigger fish to fry that a knot is causing controversy. “Make sure all equipment is strapped down using non-racist knots.” Should bass fishing leagues ban the knot when they tie their lures because of possible racist overtones? Should carnival cruiselines develop a possible new imaginary knot out of nowhere to tie down equipment and moor Boats? Should those rodeo leagues ban cattle roping from competition because the ropes cinch around animal’s necks leading people to argue about “possible” perceived racist overtones? There has to be a reasonable understanding here.

I'll add further: are we going to be persecuted for the shoelaces on our shoes? What about my computer cord; it loops. Is that a noose?

The main goal is just indicative that you see some people who want there to be racist acts in order to further sell the propaganda notion that all of America is systematically racist. The reaction from sports media, Bubba Wallace is to promulgate the racism point even though there is clear evidence that this wasn't a hate crime. People should be relieved and happy that this wasn't a hate crime, that it wasn't a noose. Instead you have people doubling down that this was a "straight up noose".

I'll add further: are we going to be persecuted for the shoelaces on our shoes? What about my computer cord; it loops. Is that a noose?

The main goal is just indicative that you see some people who want there to be racist acts in order to further sell the propaganda notion that all of America is systematically racist. The reaction from sports media, Bubba Wallace is to promulgate the racism point even though there is clear evidence that this wasn't a hate crime. People should be relieved and happy that this wasn't a hate crime, that it wasn't a noose. Instead you have people doubling down that this was a "straight up noose".

Exactly. I understand that things are wrong and they need to change. But there is a line where it’s unreasonable. My sister works in social work and she told me a lawyer was angry that my sister called her “Ma’am”. She said told my sister that that word is racist.
The leaps in logic people are making to keep their agenda going reminds me of Dave Chapelle in Undercover Brother.

Very similar to how Trump doubled down on the Central Park five. Some people are just stuck in their ways and no amount of evidence will change their perspective.

Reactions: develman
Exactly. I understand that things are wrong and they need to change. But there is a line where it’s unreasonable. My sister works in social work and she told me a lawyer was angry that my sister called her “Ma’am”. She said told my sister that that word is racist.
The leaps in logic people are making to keep their agenda going reminds me of Dave Chapelle in Undercover Brother.

Ma'am is racist? lol!! First time I heard that. I figured she was Mom because she felt old being called that.

I have heard women say they don't like being called cute. I still don't know the reasoning behind that one.

Very similar to how Trump doubled down on the Central Park five. Some people are just stuck in their ways and no amount of evidence will change their perspective.

So Trump is racist because he wanted to bring back the death penalty and bring back the police? Do you know that NYC was a very violent place in 1989? The Central Park Five were coerced to admit their guilt. I guess that's Trump's fault?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT