ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Charlie Minn

Maximus Miner

Rookie
Jul 1, 2005
What’s up with this local guy lately. I’ve seen him at UTEP games before but it sounds like he has really pissed off a lot of El Pasoans lately. Never seen any of his documentary films and frankly don’t need to see them. It really sounds like he has a lot of personal issues going on but man, don’t take it out on local journalists with weird angry texts. Has anyone here run into him?

I remember discussing one of his projects with him some time ago. He didn't seem to know as much about the subject matter as I did despite him doing a documentary on it. Struck me as odd that the details that I was aware of struck him as news. That is the one takeaway I got from the conversation.

What’s up with this local guy lately. I’ve seen him at UTEP games before but it sounds like he has really pissed off a lot of El Pasoans lately. Never seen any of his documentary films and frankly don’t need to see them. It really sounds like he has a lot of personal issues going on but man, don’t take it out on local journalists with weird angry texts. Has anyone here run into him?
Never heard of the guy. Interesting though. Can you provide any context? Tweets? Texts?

Reactions: techsloth
Dude likes to troll the Facebook pages of local news organizations and tell off random people who state they don't like him.

Pretty much he's locally known for documentary films about massacres and murders. I've never met him, but we have mutual friends. Apparently he's very proud of having residence in New York.

He does sound like a douche but I find it funny that grown adults are leaking nasty things that he said. And that last girl texted him “You suck lol”. You can‘t get be offended someone insults you back.

Last edited:
Reactions: FedupMiner
Never heard of him but he seems like a guy who craves attention and these people are giving him what he wants. These people know exactly what they are getting themselves into with this guy but they still continue to engage him. Just ignore him and he will go away.

Funny thing is Jorge Salgado is a BIG dude who probably outweighs Charlie Minn by a good 100 pounds. It wouldn't be much of a fight.

Funny thing is Jorge Salgado is a BIG dude who probably outweighs Charlie Minn by a good 100 pounds. It wouldn't be much of a fight.
Just because you “weigh a lot” doesn’t mean you can fight. I really doubt someone who is calling this “dangerous” weather is a good fighter.

So apparently this Minn guy started a Twitter account where he showed screenshots of Jorge's old tweets (some 10 years ago or older) and tagged UTEP athletics and other administrators.

I see the account was recently suspended though.

This is all petty “she said-she said” BS. Both of these guys want to get the other one in trouble for what they said, yet they both said dumb things.

Reactions: FedupMiner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT