ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chico's Tacos co-founder Emma Mora has died

I lived about a block from there for years. When the building was vacant I did an inspection there.

If you ever ate there you don't want to hear what was found. What a dump
I can only imagine. I remember the doors to the restrooms were outside and it smelled foul. I can only imagine how the back looked

I actually think Chicos has gotten better with the closing of Montana and McRae and the opening of Montwood and Zaragoza. At keast they look cleaner.

Never got the fascination with Chico's. My boss took me there for the 1st time after he heard I had never been there. The idea of soggy tacos buried in a mountain of yellow cheese never appealed to me. I guess it's a "if you are not introduced to it, drunk at 2 AM in the morning" you don't get it thing.

Never got the fascination with Chico's. My boss took me there for the 1st time after he heard I had never been there. The idea of soggy tacos buried in a mountain of yellow cheese never appealed to me. I guess it's a "if you are not introduced to it, drunk at 2 AM in the morning" you don't get it thing.
I agree. Not to mention the "cheese" isn't real cheese (like many I refer to it as "government cheese") and disgusting. I one thing that I find interesting is that it's rare to find someone whose opinion of Chico's is "eh, it's okay." The response I typically hear is "love it", "hate it", or "only when I'm drunk."

Reactions: Lil_Train
I agree. Not to mention the "cheese" isn't real cheese (like many I refer to it as "government cheese") and disgusting. I one thing that I find interesting is that it's rare to find someone whose opinion of Chico's is "eh, it's okay." The response I typically hear is "love it", "hate it", or "only when I'm drunk."
I'm pretty sure the cheese is real now. It was changed from processed cheese a few years back making some people upset 🤣🤣

I lived about a block from there for years. When the building was vacant I did an inspection there.

I lived right near that location. That was by far the best tasting chico's, but nobody who has ever walked in that location could have assumed it was sanitary. At 3am, the juice in the boat was always piping hot, and the cheese was plentiful,and that's all that mattered when you needed something to soak up the alcohol...

I grew up a few blocks from the Montana location. One of my best friends and I would always play video games there before going to one of our houses after. One guy that used to play the games there also was really skinny and creepy with a bunch of missing teeth. His name was Richie

About a year or two later his face was all over the news as the Nightstalker. Sometimes you would also see him at the 711 by Howze street or the Circle K that used to be on Montana

Reactions: MinerFan79

I can only imagine. It was one of the dirtiest restaurants on earth but it tasted so good we ignored the lack of cleanliness. Not sure that Panchos down the street was much cleaner

You had to grow up on it. For some reason that made it taste better. I have yet to meet an outsider who likes it

I grew up a few blocks from the Montana location. One of my best friends and I would always play video games there before going to one of our houses after. One guy that used to play the games there also was really skinny and creepy with a bunch of missing teeth. His name was Richie

About a year or two later his face was all over the news as the Nightstalker. Sometimes you would also see him at the 711 by Howze street or the Circle K that used to be on Montana
He worked at a hotel over there in that same area and would rob patrons as they slept

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT