ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cincy District. 2nd shooting in 2 weeks

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
A great idea started years ago is now a nightmare for some. DWI deaths, public intoxication, urination near Kern homes, stabbings, fights, some belligerent owners who will not comply with guidelines, and now the 2nd shooting in 2 weeks in the Cincy District. "The Devil's Triangle" (Northeast) doesn't need the competition.

EPPD needs help with this area.

Reactions: unihorn
A great idea started years ago is now a nightmare for some. DWI deaths, public intoxication, urination near Kern homes, stabbings, fights, some belligerent owners who will not comply with guidelines, and now the 2nd shooting in 2 weeks in the Cincy District. "The Devil's Triangle" (Northeast) doesn't need the competition.

Yeah, it’s out of control. I’d like to see a police substation opened up right on Cincinnati.

I wouldn’t recommend going to Chino Chido (last night’s shooting location), Ditsy Duck, or College Dropout (all 3 same owners).

Nor Rockin Cigar (last week’s stabbing location).

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s out of control. I’d like to see a police substation opened up right on Cincinnati.

I wouldn’t recommend going to Chino Chido (last night’s shooting location), Ditsy Duck, or College Dropout (all 3 same owners).

Nor Rockin Cigar (last week’s stabbing location).

Why not? I haven’t been to Cincinnati street in years.

SilkyAgedArthropods-max-1mb.gif

Read this article about a Cincy street vendor and a thug who threatened him. The story ends well for the vendor.

However, non organized losers would just jump and take the cash but this thug allegedly gave a direct command. There has to be organized gang activity in the Cincy district?

( Sent from KTSM 9 News )

One Cincy bar made this list. When the military tells its troops to stay away, this is not a list you want to be on as a business owner.

Reactions: unihorn
One Cincy bar made this list. When the military tells its troops to stay away, this is not a list you want to be on as a business owner.

Rockin' Cigar Bar and Grill

Rockin' Cigar Bar and Grill

I just saw the owner of the cigar bar in a story about a flower salesman getting harassed in the Cinci district. Seemed like a decent fella. Guess he needs to step up safety in his place.

I know that a place to go 4 wheeling, but hell if I would let my kids go there. There’s always trouble.

El Paso police seek to crack down on ‘beer runs,’ open containers
Dylan McKim
Published 12:00 PM MDT
Updated 12:01 PM MDT

EL PASO, Texas — The city of El Paso is considering two ordinances, both of them concerning alcohol, that the police department says could help with crime prevention.

During this week's City Council meeting, the El Paso Police Department proposed an open container ordinance amendment. Right now, consumption of alcohol or possession of an open container is only illegal within the Central Business District.

The proposed amendment would extend the same regulations to areas around homeless shelters, areas that police say they receive numerous complaints from citizens and businesses. More specifically, the amendment would make it illegal to have an open container within 1,000 feet of the property of a homeless shelter.

The penalty for this offense would be a class C misdemeanor. The police department says they have issued 505 open container citations in the first six months of this year.

The second proposed measure is a convenience store ordinance. The ordinance would establish a “registration program for convenience stores and provides requirements relating to surveillance camera systems.”

The police highlighted one type of crime that this ordinance would crack down on - namely "beer runs," which is when someone walks into a store and steals beer. That is also a class C misdemeanor.

Police say the cost of persecuting this type of offense is not worth it. In total, the price for the department to investigate these cases on average costs the taxpayer $198.64, according to police data. The presentation by police highlighted one beer run case in which someone stole only one can beer valued at $2.75.

In the last three years, there have been 5,777 "beer run" thefts within city limits, according to the police presentation.

El Paso police seek to crack down on ‘beer runs,’ open containers
Dylan McKim
Published 12:00 PM MDT
Updated 12:01 PM MDT

EL PASO, Texas — The city of El Paso is considering two ordinances, both of them concerning alcohol, that the police department says could help with crime prevention.

During this week's City Council meeting, the El Paso Police Department proposed an open container ordinance amendment. Right now, consumption of alcohol or possession of an open container is only illegal within the Central Business District.

The proposed amendment would extend the same regulations to areas around homeless shelters, areas that police say they receive numerous complaints from citizens and businesses. More specifically, the amendment would make it illegal to have an open container within 1,000 feet of the property of a homeless shelter.

The penalty for this offense would be a class C misdemeanor. The police department says they have issued 505 open container citations in the first six months of this year.

The second proposed measure is a convenience store ordinance. The ordinance would establish a “registration program for convenience stores and provides requirements relating to surveillance camera systems.”

The police highlighted one type of crime that this ordinance would crack down on - namely "beer runs," which is when someone walks into a store and steals beer. That is also a class C misdemeanor.

Police say the cost of persecuting this type of offense is not worth it. In total, the price for the department to investigate these cases on average costs the taxpayer $198.64, according to police data. The presentation by police highlighted one beer run case in which someone stole only one can beer valued at $2.75.

In the last three years, there have been 5,777 "beer run" thefts within city limits, according to the police presentation.

"In the last three years, there have been 5,777 "beer run" thefts within city limits, according to the police presentation."

Holy shit. That is 5 beer runs per day over the past 3 years. Are people that ****ing cheap in EP that they won't spend $2 on a can or $20 on a case of beer?

I guess that helps to explain why people there won't spend $10 to watch a UTEP game. No matter how shitty the team is, $10 is not that much to enjoy(?) a couple of hours watching a live college football game.

I just saw the owner of the cigar bar in a story about a flower salesman getting harassed in the Cinci district. Seemed like a decent fella. Guess he needs to step up safety in his place.
I got kicked out of that bar on cinci because his wife was hitting up on me. At least that is what he thought, I think she was just being friendly

Last edited:

No doubt. Just thought they had the best titty bar west of the Pecos or a multi-level dance club a House of Blues to watch bands. Something other than bars.
Nope bars with young irresponsible kids mostly if it's still the same as a remember.

Another question about Cincinnati street; this one about parking. Cincinnati street itself has only a few metered parking spots so on Saturday I went to park in the shopping strip lot and the guy there said it was $20 to park.

TWENTY dollars? To park for an hour and visit one of the 4 or 5 bars that make up the shitty but "famous" Cincinnati Street scene? Needless to say, I took my business elsewhere and did not visit anything on Cincinnati Street.

Another question about Cincinnati street; this one about parking. Cincinnati street itself has only a few metered parking spots so on Saturday I went to park in the shopping strip lot and the guy there said it was $20 to park.

TWENTY dollars? To park for an hour and visit one of the 4 or 5 bars that make up the shitty but "famous" Cincinnati Street scene? Needless to say, I took my business elsewhere and did not visit anything on Cincinnati Street.
Crazy how people will pay that and then go spend another $50 on drinks but complain about $12 tickets and $5 parking to support the football team.

Time to put permanent COPS in that area.

This is starting to sound like the Brass monkey all over again.

Frank Ricci opened up another place in Corpus Christi or Galveston and that’s most of his efforts. I wouldn’t be surprised if he just lets the RCBs in EP wither on the vine

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT