ADVERTISEMENT

OT:coin shortage

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
How is this possible???

They just want to go to a paperless currency.

How is this possible???

They just want to go to a paperless currency.

Ummmmm. Less businesses open and less people buying stuff = equal less possible cash transactions. Add in people probably saving more of their loose change now and you have less coins.

Who is “they”? I can tell you that most businesses, especially small ones, would rather have you pay in cash. Credit card companies require a % of each transaction and there’s many companies that charge you to even set it up.

Ummmmm. Less businesses open and less people buying stuff = equal less possible cash transactions. Add in people probably saving more of their loose change now and you have less coins.

Who is “they”? I can tell you that most businesses, especially small ones, would rather have you pay in cash. Credit card companies require a % of each transaction and there’s many companies that charge you to even set it up.

Have you not heard of Bitcoin??? Bill Gates wants paper less money.

Yes, I have heard of bitcoin. Can you pay with Bitcoin during Amazon checkout? Does Wendy’s take Bitcoin? Will the 57 year old selling his 2009 F150 on Craigslist take Bitcoin?

I have never seen car or house prices listed in Bitcoin.

Not to mention that some of us don't trust these funky digital "currencies." It's all bullshit.

Yes, I have heard of bitcoin. Can you pay with Bitcoin during Amazon checkout? Does Wendy’s take Bitcoin? Will the 57 year old selling his 2009 F150 on Craigslist take Bitcoin?

Not now but that's why they want to get rid of paperless money. Bill Gates is pushing for this digital money. It's not that far away from happening. I believe China or Japan is already using digital currency. Whens the last time you paid something in cash??

Coinzoom is a new mobile wallet app that has a program where you can use a VISA card to convert Bitcoin to fiat. Therefore you can use the card to make regular purchases. It is the first of its kind that I am aware. Of course there is a fee, but if you are loaded with Bitcoin you might not care.

The other concern is security. Most people with a lot of Bitcoin will have hardware wallets and won't use mobile wallets like Coinzoom.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Not now but that's why they want to get rid of paperless money. Bill Gates is pushing for this digital money. It's not that far away from happening. I believe China or Japan is already using digital currency. Whens the last time you paid something in cash??

I went to Chico’s on Saturday.

Who is “they”? Bill Gates is a very rich man, but he doesn’t make monetary decisions for the United States.

Coinzoom is a new mobile wallet app that has a program where you can use a VISA card to convert Bitcoin to fiat. Therefore you can use the card to make regular purchases. It is the first of its kind that I am aware. Of course there is a fee, but if you are loaded with Bitcoin you might not care.

The other concern is security. Most people with a lot of Bitcoin will have hardware wallets and won't use mobile wallets like Coinzoom.

That’s a work around and only a rich person would be dumb enough to do that. Use a card and pay a fee to convert your money into something that is universally accepted. Might as well just stick with “real” money.

NSFW or Under 18

"Why some men don't get laid"

"here's a fact: surely if you're a vibrant heterosexual you should know by know that women these days have equally raging sex drives. And many of them want nothing more than a warm body to snuggle up to at night (or during their lunch break) … as long he calls (or heck, even texts!) the next day"

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/li...hy-some-men-dont-get-laid-20101028-174b1.html

j/k

That’s a work around and only a rich person would be dumb enough to do that. Use a card and pay a fee to convert your money into something that is universally accepted. Might as well just stick with “real” money.
Not if you made millions out of only a few bucks. It's always perspective. To you its stupid, but to the person who made the million it may be an easier way to spend the money (if they choose too). It is much less secure so that is the stupid part IMO. I wouldn't use it for Bitcoin.

Not if you made millions out of only a few bucks. It's always perspective. To you its stupid, but to the person who made the million it may be an easier way to spend the money (if they choose too). It is much less secure so that is the stupid part IMO. I wouldn't use it for Bitcoin.

Well sure, but until Bitcoin is accepted by 50% ish of retailers, it’s not a viable currency. I wouldn’t spend real money on acquiring a Bitcoin. Nor would I accept Bitcoin for payment of a car or anything substantial.

Well sure, but until Bitcoin is accepted by 50% ish of retailers, it’s not a viable currency. I wouldn’t spend real money on acquiring a Bitcoin. Nor would I accept Bitcoin for payment of a car or anything substantial.
Well not anymore. Its too expensive. It was never meant to be used as cash. There are bitcoin ATMs that convert to cash though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT