ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College football is back

If Boise St does leave the MWC Senter better sell the hell out of UTEP as a candidate including a guarantee that the school will invest heavily in FB. At least UTEP is now a tier 1 research school. That appeals to univ presidents.
What is Senter going sell the MW??? Senter needs to be selling a successful winning football program to have a chance at joining the MW, not a terrible football program that has won 1 CUSA conference game in 3 years and a "guarantee" of a heavy investment in the terrible football program. UTEP should have been investing heavily in the football program many many years ago in order to start making themselves desirable to the MW.

Last edited:
What is Senter going sell the MW??? Senter needs to be selling a successful winning football program to have a chance at joining the MW, not a terrible football program that has won 1 CUSA conference game in 3 years and a "guarantee" of a heavy investment in the terrible football program. UTEP should have been investing heavily in the football program many many years ago in order to start making themselves desirable to the MW.
If BSU leaves the MWC soon, there is no choice but to sell proven potential. We have nothing but fb failure right now and our current administration has to do the best they can to convince the MWC that UTEP can once again have solid fb and mbb. Its a difficult and maybe impossible selling job but you gotta give it your best shot if the opportunity comes around.

Reactions: Lil_Train and Rot
Big difference to the approach ULM took to their coach. I wouldn’t have mind Bowden instead of Dimel. Let’s see how he does with them.

(cc: @JimSenter2 @UTEPAthletics @UTEP @UTEPFB)
The opportunity was ripe for Dimel to go to a bowl and he blew it. Hope was shown against both FCS wins then UTEP showed collapse again coming out of halftime as the season progressed. He had a bruising back, a rocket arm young qb who shows a bright future, a revamped D line, a better WR corp, a favorable schedule that allowed the 2 FCS wins towards bowl eligibility and a bowl that actually wanted UTEP.....and he blew it.

He kept the team fairly Covid free which is commendable but progress at the end was Mas o menos.

C-USA 0-6 in bowl games. Yay for our shit conference.

Happy New Year ya filthy animals.

C-USA 0-6 in bowl games. Yay for our shit conference.

Happy New Year ya filthy animals.
I'm actually surprised because CUSA decides to wake up during bowl season. For example, La Tech is frustrated with Holtz because he can't win the conference but does well in bowls. Some guru's say he is actually on the hot seat next year which seems a bit far fetched IMO, if it was Southern disMiss then that's another story, they and ODU live in an alternate universe.

According to some publications, Meyer turned down the UT HC position due to personal health concerns.

Sarkisian's Wikipedia already has him as the Head Coach at Texas.

Sarkisian has never really had an exceptional season as a Head Coach.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Wow, a team that won't settle with underachieving every year. Imagine that. Or are we not underachieving and just poorly coached? Or both?

Meyer seems to have a lot of health issues, or maybe he knew that the Texas job would have made him sick?

Wow, a team that won't settle with underachieving every year. Imagine that. Or are we not underachieving and just poorly coached? Or both?

Meyer seems to have a lot of health issues, or maybe he knew that the Texas job would have made him sick?

A team with 100+ million dollar budget does not settle for mediocrity.

Reactions: axingfools1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I see and have heard that Sark is the guy at Texas and now I have heard that Sark turned the job down. 🤷🏽‍♂️</p>&mdash; David Pollack (@davidpollack47) <a href="">January 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently Pollack was wrong. Footballscoop is saying Sark is official as new Texas coach.
Not sure what Sark has done to earn this job. I'm pretty sure he had some big wins at UW, but was very inconsistent. Also, wasnt he fired at USC for allegedly being drunk during practice and games? I think any decent coordinator will do well at Alabama the way they recruit under Saban. Not sure how that translates to UT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT