ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College football is back

Dimel and staff have to be finding their religion. El Paso is now an official hot spot for Covid 19, La Tech game is up in the air and you have to tell a bunch of young men to stay put and the team is playing their best football in years.

Saturday’s loss didn’t affect our ranking. LT dropped 12 spots for their win over us.

Reactions: picks up
Saturday’s loss didn’t affect our ranking. LT dropped 12 spots for their win over us.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it looks like LT went up by 4 spots and UTEP went up by 1.

4 teams left on the Miners schedule ranked below them. If that holds true to outcome of games (not likely) then UTEP would finish the season 7-5.

4 teams left on the Miners schedule ranked below them. If that holds true to outcome of games (not likely) then UTEP would finish the season 7-5.
If we beat USM and there are no major injuries or cancellations I believe UTEP will be at six wins by the time I see them live in the Alamodome.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
"It’s so difficult as a head coach right now,” said Dimel. “You are just dodging all the time. Three times per week your players are getting tested and you don’t know what’s going to happen. El Paso is soaring through the roof with positive cases. We are trying to keep our guys locked in and that’s the big concern.”

Dimel, who is well-known across the college football landscape to be a player’s coach, has taken on a more fatherly role as a head coach this year than any other year in his 33 years of coaching.

“I’m giving them messages and I’m just being dad,” Dimel joked. “I’m all over these guys, but you only have so much control over 19, 20-year-old guys. I try to keep them locked in to football as much as I can, but you only get 20 hours per week with these guys. There’s limitations on the time you can spend with these guys — 17 [hours] and 3 [hours] for the game."

https://www.ktsm.com/sports/college...-fatherly-role-guiding-utep-through-pandemic/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT