ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College football is back

Here is some really good news for UTEP FB fans.

The Lindy's College Football magazine for 2021 picks UTEP 7th in CUSA west but does include this quote from coach Dimel: "We really aren't close, we're there. Now we just need to continue to improve and learn how to walk into a football game and expect to win."

I know I feel much better about the team now. How about you?

Here is some really good news for UTEP FB fans.

The Lindy's College Football magazine for 2021 picks UTEP 7th in CUSA west but does include this quote from coach Dimel: "We really aren't close, we're there. Now we just need to continue to improve and learn how to walk into a football game and expect to win."

I know I feel much better about the team now. How about you?
With all due respect, I don't see any good news on there. Getting picked 7th in the West is getting picked last in the West and Dimel is giving coach speak in that quote. I want to believe we will be good but I'm taking a wait and see approach

Mizzou and Iowa St.? I know this can change, but I’m a little surprised with their choices considering both are being recruited by better programs.

Reactions: kickballpro
Maybe those schools are closer to home/family. Either way good for them. Bad look for UTEP though.

Just because neither guy even really considered UTEP did they?

I dunno, Mr. Fools. Had I been a good enough athlete I too would have likely gone elsewhere. Like when I joined the U.S. Air Force. I wanted to leave El Paso and experience life somewhere else.

I wish these young men well. Who knows, maybe they'll get homesick and decide they'd like to transfer to UTEP to come back home.

Mizzou and Iowa St.? I know this can change, but I’m a little surprised with their choices considering both are being recruited by better programs.
I’m surprised by the Mizzou commitment, however the Clones are ranked ahead of Florida, Oregon and LSU to start the season. ESPN has them ranked even higher at 4th in the nation. They bring back like 20 of 22 starters, and everybody on the offensive side of the ball. They’re picked to finish 2nd in the big 12 behind Oklahoma, who the last 3 years they’ve beaten once and been within a score of the other two games.

Iowa State sits in a pretty spot for playoff contention. Plus, they lose Eisworth after this year, who has been a 3 year starter. That opens up some opportunity.

All that, and I’m a little biased as a Cyclones fan.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
I dunno, Mr. Fools. Had I been a good enough athlete I too would have likely gone elsewhere. Like when I joined the U.S. Air Force. I wanted to leave El Paso and experience life somewhere else.

I wish these young men well. Who knows, maybe they'll get homesick and decide they'd like to transfer to UTEP to come back home.
Maybe, but that has nothing to do with UTEP football as a quality option. That's my point. Not whether or not they want to leave their current home.

They could have chosen those schools for any of a thousand reasons. Did either even consider UTEP?

Maybe those schools are closer to home/family. Either way good for them. Bad look for UTEP though.
100% disagree. The bad look for UTEP is winning 5 games in 4 years and only 2 being against fellow FBS programs. Those 2 are too good for UTEP.

Even if UTEP were a Top 25 program, there’s nothing wrong with leaving your “home city” for college.

A bad look for UTEP would be not recruiting a local guy who becomes an absolute stud elsewhere. These guys are already studs.

100% disagree. The bad look for UTEP is winning 5 games in 4 years and only 2 being against fellow FBS programs. Those 2 are too good for UTEP.

Even if UTEP were a Top 25 program, there’s nothing wrong with leaving your “home city” for college.

A bad look for UTEP would be not recruiting a local guy who becomes an absolute stud elsewhere. These guys are already studs.
I agree. Did UTEP offer them? Did they consider UTEP? If they didn't consider UTEP was it maybe because we suck at football?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT