ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
1. Do you think you have the corona virus?

2. Is it Chinas fault?

3. Is Russia behind this?

4.When do you think this will end?

5.How much money you think the government should give out?

NO

2. Is it Chinas fault?

YES

NO

1-2 months

5.How much money you think the government should give out?

$1,200 is appropriate, but the same amount should be given to everybody and it shouldn't be based on income.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I’m not sure. I hope not.

2. Is it Chinas fault?
Due to suppression of info in the early stages of the virus, China is at fault for the degree this thing has spread.

No

Depends on what you mean by “end”. We will experience repercussions for quite some time. The virus itself will go dormant in about June and resurface during flu season is my guess.

5.How much money you think the government should give out? $1000+ per adult.

Depends on what you mean by “end”. We will experience repercussions for quite some time. The virus itself will go dormant in about June and resurface during flu season is my guess.

When we wont be in lockdown and anymore? schools and sports will be back on.

June. Maybe some time in May if we’re fortunate.

MLB will be played in July and will have 3 weeks of Spring Training before that. NBA will probably start with the playoffs in June or July.

1: I have seasonal allergies and it’s funny how I’ve never paid attention to my cough until now.

2: To a degree yes. They should have been more forthcoming with information (genetic information about the disease, treatment options etc). I wonder if they had asked for the cooperation of world governments at that time we all would be further ahead in terms of treatment, response, research etc.

But at the same time with the way global travel/commerce is it was bound to become a global issue.

3: No.

4: I don’t know. We need adequate and consistent testing and treatment options while we wait to get a vaccine created and tested. I’ve read different articles saying they are not absolutely sure they Coronavirus is a seasonal bug. And if it is, then world governments in South America will be dealing with outbreaks throughout the summer. So we’re just shoving the shit pile to another part of the world. And if a vaccine is not created then we are back to square one come winter time.

5: I dont know. I won’t complain with any ammount of money but the unfortunate thing is a lot of small business (and large ones at that) are going to fail and fail soon which means a lot of people are going to be ****ed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Autograph Boy
1: I have seasonal allergies and it’s funny how I’ve never paid attention to my cough until now.

2: To a degree yes. They should have been more forthcoming with information (genetic information about the disease, treatment options etc). I wonder if they had asked for the cooperation of world governments at that time we all would be further ahead in terms of treatment, response, research etc.

But at the same time with the way global travel/commerce is it was bound to become a global issue.

3: No.

4: I don’t know. We need adequate and consistent testing and treatment options while we wait to get a vaccine created and tested. I’ve read different articles saying they are not absolutely sure they Coronavirus is a seasonal bug. And if it is, then world governments in South America will be dealing with outbreaks throughout the summer. So we’re just shoving the shit pile to another pet of the world. And if a vaccine is not created then we are back to square one come winter time.

5: I dont know. I won’t complain with any ammount of money but the unfortunate thing is a lot of small business (and large ones at that) are going to fail and fail soon which means a lot of people are going to be ****ed.
Yeah my best buddy was just let go today. His dream job. Told to come back when/if the owners can reopen.

Yeah my best buddy was just let go today. His dream job. Told to come back when/if the owners can reopen.

I am sorry to hear that, but the unfortunate reality is that will be WAY more common in the next couple of months, along with a lot of defaulted mortgages as well as bankruptcies. I don’t own a small business but I have a feeling like many local businesses lack the financial best egg to weather being closed for weeks let alone months. Several Airlines were saying they were going to go bankrupt by May.

And unfortunately so many El Pasoans work in the service industry/small businesses it’s possible we’re going to feel these economic effects for a long time.

No. No. No. A few months to really die down before the fall. None.

The corona virus will pass soon and things will get back to normal. It's all over blown, but has given us a nice predictor of the future if we ever have a real outbreak like Ebola. It will be a total survival of the fittest (or most well armed). We would no longer care about anything else if water, gas and electricity go out.

Last edited:
No. No. No. A few months to really die down before the fall. None.

The corona virus will pass soon and things will get back to normal. It's all over blown, but has given us a nice predictor of the future if we ever have a real outbreak like Ebola. It will be as total survival of the fittest (or most well armed). We would no longer care about anything else if water, has and electricity go out.

Very well said.

Spoke with owner of a popular restaurant, he laid off 100 employees. He is owned by the banks. His wife is on dialysis. He asked me to pray hard for he and his wife.

I have been heart broken all day for him. I can't take it.

That's really unfortunate. What restaurant?

Not me, but last month he was named a manager at a local restaurant. Unfortunately the owner lost everything or is on the process of doing so. Sold his truck to meet this week's payroll. Sad.

I hope your buddy gets another job at another restaurant.

Out of curiosity, which restaurant was this? I'm afraid there are going to be some local businesses that have to close their doors because of this.

Not me, but last month he was named a manager at a local restaurant. Unfortunately the owner lost everything or is on the process of doing so. Sold his truck to meet this week's payroll. Sad.
Very, this damn thing needs to pass quickly!

It’s shocking the government hasn’t passed a relief bill yet. The House is planning to pass their own bill, which is really sad because these people on both sides of the government should have passed something of substance by now.

It’s shocking the government hasn’t passed a relief bill yet. The House is planning to pass their own bill, which is really sad because these people on both sides of the government should have passed something of substance by now.

You’re surprised something hasn’t been done the government? This isn’t something new. You can look at El Paso’s own government.

You’re surprised something hasn’t been done the government? This isn’t something new. You can look at El Paso’s own government.

On one hand I am not surprised, but you want to believe that everyone would just work together and push things through for the benefit of every American regardless of what side of the aisle you are on. This should not be a Republican/Democrat issue, this is an EVERYONE issue. But you are right.... there are so many people involved at local, state, federal levels, and this is now repeated in almost every country all around the world. They have to be better than that.

The government can't possibly be ready for every scenario and businesses/hospitals are not going to stock pile household items, PPE, respirators, etc.

Each outbreak may be different from the other in regards to transmission, effect, lethality and so on. Its extremely hard to predict what will happen here based on what happened in other countries. We have to just rapidly adjust and try to make the best decisions possible as a government and as people. It's easy for us to look back and say we 'shoulda coulda'. Its Impossible to make everybody happy. Just follow the rules and ignore the political propaganda from both sides because it's stupid.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Question for everyone: I have noticed that it seems like because people are “quarantined” parents are thus spending more time with their kids, driving around I see families in their backyards, in the front yard. It seems like families are spending more time together. Once this is over do you guys think it stays that way to some degree or are we back to our same old bs?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Question for everyone: I have noticed that it seems like because people are “quarantined” parents are thus spending more time with their kids, driving around I see families in their backyards, in the front yard. It seems like families are spending more time together. Once this is over do you guys think it stays that way to some degree or are we back to our same old bs?

I think If the situation reaches a magnitude large enough to shake enough people to their core, there’s a chance that there could be a mass re-evaluation of what’s important.

If this turns out to just be a perceived prolonged inconvenience, then we will go right back to where we were before. Just my .02 worth.

I think If the situation reaches a magnitude large enough to shake enough people to their core, there’s a chance that there could be a mass re-evaluation of what’s important.

If this turns out to just be a perceived prolonged inconvenience, then we will go right back to where we were before. Just my .02 worth.

That’s a fair point. When will be people feel comfortable being in large crowds?

It will probably be years, how long did it take after 9/11. I think we all still check our backs. I’m half Arabic and still uncomfortable around men with turbans.

It will probably be years, how long did it take after 9/11. I think we all still check our backs. I’m half Arabic and still uncomfortable around men with turbans.
I have a good friend that is a Sikh. He cut his hair and got rid of the turban for this very reason.

I have to think that once a vaccine comes out or treatment/testing catches up I think a lot of people are gonna be scared shitless for a long time. We see the people freaking out buying everything they can like assholes and I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as “it’s gone we’re good.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT