ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

KVIA.COM

"The El Paso Department of Public Health announced a record 838 new coronavirus cases Friday morning.

The previous record for daily cases of 717 was set Thursday."

555 Reported this morning. Parties were in full swing this past weekend in EP as groups gave a big middle finger all over social media. Numbers will get higher.

Don't be surprised if you wake up and read close to or at 1,000 new cases in El Paso within the next coming days.

I hope not but it’s like UTEP2STEP said earlier there were parties in full swing. I had a cousin that had a wedding over the weekend (Which I did not attend) and a house down the street from me threw a big birthday party for some kids. We are our own worst enemy and I can only imagine how frustrated our medical workers are.

I hope not but it’s like UTEP2STEP said earlier there were parties in full swing. I had a cousin that had a wedding over the weekend (Which I did not attend) and a house down the street from me threw a big birthday party for some kids. We are our own worst enemy and I can only imagine how frustrated our medical workers are.
Yep especially since home get togethers were banned starting last Thursday. I know its rough on everybody, but we all need to do our part.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
[/QUOTE]
a nurse I know quit this week. Just became too much and her mom is a high risk person and she lives with her. She told me the staff is overwhelmed and people are talking about quitting.

• Sad
Reactions: develman
Something seems off. I see packed strip clubs, breweries, bars/restaurants, etc and it doesn’t seem to be that bad over here in Travis County.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Something seems off. I see packed strip clubs, breweries, bars/restaurants, etc and it doesn’t seem to be that bad over here in Travis County.
It doesn’t seem so bad here either. People are living their life as if nothing is happening and the virus spreads how it pleases.

The big driver is family get togethers right now. That might be separating El Paso from the rest.

I don’t understand how small family gatherings infect more people than big get together amongst strangers in public places.

Yep. Junior went to the private desert rave on the eastside on Saturday night, no social distancing. He goes to his abuelita birthday bash Sunday afternoon...... BOOM! Community spread. Grandma is in ICU.

670 this morning.

I’m not convinced it’s due to small gatherings. That’s not a unique situation to EP. I wonder if it’s because of the heavy Hispanic population. I’ve heard Hispanics are getting hit harder by the virus.
From the EP Times this morning:

COVID-19 has disproportionately hit Black and Latino communities, where people more often work in "essential" jobs and more often lack access to affordable health care.

From a different article:

People of color are:
• at an increased risk for serious illness if they contract COVID-19 due to higher rates of underlying health conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, hypertension, and obesity compared to Whites;
• more likely to be uninsured and to lack a usual source of care which is an impediment to accessing COVID-19 testing and treatment services;
• more likely to work in the service industries such as restaurants, retail, and hospitality that are particularly at risk for loss of income during the pandemic;
• more likely to live in housing situations, such as multigenerational families or low-income and public housing that make it difficult to social distance or self-isolate; and
• often working in jobs that are not amenable to teleworking and use public transportation that puts them at risk for exposure to COVID-19. (Kaiser Family Foundation, 2020; Health Affairs, 2020)

From USA Today:

a nurse I know quit this week. Just became too much and her mom is a high risk person and she lives with her. She told me the staff is overwhelmed and people are talking about quitting.
[/QUOTE]
I know plenty of nurses that have left to do contract nursing. They get 13 week contracts and get paid about double their hourly rate, but lose their work insurance. I guess they feel that if they are going to do this crap they might as well get paid more right now.

I’m not convinced it’s due to small gatherings. That’s not a unique situation to EP. I wonder if it’s because of the heavy Hispanic population. I’ve heard Hispanics are getting hit harder by the virus.
City-County Health head cheese stating it.

Friday and/or Saturday night, go on Instagram or FB and just start randomly looking at EP posts especially young people, follow who post on their stuff. I even put a post from a local IG having a private rave last week on here. Local DJ's are doing private in house gigs.

"But I feel fine. Mind your own business". We would kids, but your literally spreading it all over town and the ER's are full.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT