ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

A year ago when everything went ape shit, the message was we can't overwhelm the hospitals.

Well we did of course.

But now, the rates are down and they're especially down in the elderly population, about 81%.

99.6% of all cases are MILD, and if most of the people in that .4% group can get the vaccine, then I think we are out of the woods as far as overwhelming the system.

Its going to be very interesting to see how Texas looks in a Month.

I don’t know who’s had it in here but one of my students passed it to me around Christmas and I am still not OK..... I just went to run and about died with almost a 12 minute mile time... felt sick and dizzy and just awful the rest of the night.... before I got sick I had just hit a 5:39 mile time —— averaging 6 minutes a mile for runs over 5 miles.... it’s almost April...

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
I don’t know who’s had it in here but one of my students passed it to me around Christmas and I am still not OK..... I just went to run and about died with almost a 12 minute mile time... felt sick and dizzy and just awful the rest of the night.... before I got sick I had just hit a 5:39 mile time —— averaging 6 minutes a mile for runs over 5 miles.... it’s almost April...

Myself and my son had it. I never had a symptom. My son had 1 rough night but is ok.

The neighbor across the street spent two weeks in the hospital and for a while, couldn't walk to the mailbox without running out of breath. Hes alot younger than me but he's a big dude.

Reactions: axingfools1
Damn I hope you feel better soon DB. It hits everybody differently.

"Latin America’s monied and middle classes are flocking in ever-increasing numbers to Texas for a much-coveted vaccine jab, which remains elusive in their home countries.

María, a 38-year-old psychologist in Mexico City who spoke to The Daily Beast under a pseudonym, was tired of waiting for the government-run vaccination program to announce her age group. She also worried about her 68-year-old father who suffers high blood pressure and is overweight—both COVID-19 comorbidities—and was diagnosed with pericardial effusion.

So Maria decided to travel to San Antonio with her husband, father, and father-in-law for vaccinations. She stayed with friends, received her first dose of Pfizer on March 1, and returned three weeks later for her second.

“[The health-care workers] were super nice,” said Maria. “And we only had to give them our [Mexican] passports as identification.” Maria subsequently advised 15 friends on getting vaccinated in San Antonio.

“For me, it was worth pushing up the process and, having gone, a lot of friends—many, many friends—are now going, too,” she said. “Four really good friends went this weekend. And today we were making appointments for another friend.”

Although Mexico was the first country to receive vaccines in Latin America, its campaign subsequently sputtered due to production glitches, crushing demand, and a policy of not vaccinating all medical workers."

Exposure outdoors is very low but you can still get it. However that B1 is out there until vaccinations get higher. Michigan is facing last year spring numbers. Texas is vaccinating asap which is a good thing. El Paso just got dumped with 20,000 shots. My church is even having a vaccination for first 300.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT