ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Jerry should have pulled the trigger on Josh Gordon. Gordon is high risk high reward, but would have been the worth the risk for a 5th round pick. It is still very early in season and Gordon had a lot of time to make an impact on this offense.

I can't wrap my mind around how Jones sprinted to get a piece of trash like Greg Hardy on the team, but won't pull the trigger to get some very easy to get guys to help this team.

Gordon would have been the most talented receiver on the team and as far as I know he's just a pothead. He's not exactly a danger to the community like Hardy. The Patriots naturally snatched him up.

Earl Thomas wants to be a Cowboy and safety is our weak spot on the defense.

Heck, why not bring Dez back? He seemed annoying on the All or Nothing Show, but he didn't seem like a cancer who hurt the team. He's just not a number 1 guy anymore, but we need a possession receiver.

Jerry should have pulled the trigger on Josh Gordon. Gordon is high risk high reward, but would have been the worth the risk for a 5th round pick. It is still very early in season and Gordon had a lot of time to make an impact on this offense.
Doesn't matter when Dak can't throw deep. Dak has not proven he can throw deep, and therefore they load 8 men in the box and Elliot can't run the ball. Dak is not their QB of the future, and putting 5 deep threats can't help a QB that can't get the ball to them. They dummied up the offense for Dak because they know his weakness, loaded up on slot receivers and felt there was no reason to go out and get a deep threat because of it.

Doesn't matter when Dak can't throw deep. Dak has not proven he can throw deep, and therefore they load 8 men in the box and Elliot can't run the ball. Dak is not their QB of the future, and putting 5 deep threats can't help a QB that can't get the ball to them. They dummied up the offense for Dak because they know his weakness, loaded up on slot receivers and felt there was no reason to go out and get a deep threat because of it.
Deep ball or not. Josh Gorden would be a huge upgrade over any WR on the Cowboys roster. He is more than just a deep threat.

Dez is a cancer. You're fairly new huge salary doesn't match your performance. You take the pay cut.

Tampa is cheap, they don't pay the big bucks. I guarantee Mr. Fiztmagick will start to struggle here soon because he's a traveling Willbury, but he accepts the deals offered and doesn't call out the NFL or who ever on social media. Evans their star WR was on ESPN two weeks ago and the host was trying like hell to trip him up on his words but he kept it low key and black & white.

Dez is a cancer. You're fairly new huge salary doesn't match your performance. You take the pay cut.

Tampa is cheap, they don't pay the big bucks. I guarantee Mr. Fiztmagick will start to struggle here soon because he's a traveling Willbury, but he accepts the deals offered and doesn't call out the NFL or who ever on social media. Evans their star WR was on ESPN two weeks ago and the host was trying like hell to trip him up on his words but he kept it low key and black & white.
Dac is not getting paid anything at all, Makes about 600,000 a year but I hope Dallas does not make the mistake Tampa did and sign him ahead of his contract expiring. He is on a rookie contract. Dez is a huge cancer, and if was so good, someone would have signed him already. Dac is never on social media, except when he was put there because he said he wouldn't kneel, and everyone liberal was up in arms about it. His quote was I respect your views, so you can equally respect mine.
Tampa is not that cheap. Winston is set to make over 20 million next year and the money is guaranteed on top of it. There is a true cancer.

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
Deep ball or not. Josh Gorden would be a huge upgrade over any WR on the Cowboys roster. He is more than just a deep threat.
Dallas does not have any cap room to sign him. They have too much dead cap space, as they are still paying Tony Romo believe it or not. Secondly, he does not help their situation, a good TE like Gates may have. They are set on slot receivers and a 3 yard pass to Gordon is the same as a 3 yd pass to Butler. There is no difference. They let Bryant go because they don't need a deep threat if you can't throw the ball to him. Secondly, he does not run routes. Thirdly, Dallas has enough players on suspension every single year, why have another headache. New England can deal with these guys because they won't hesitate to throw him out the door, Dallas with no discipline would be like a guy with a gambling problem moving to Las Vegas.

Reactions: axingfools1
Redskins won, Cowboys lost and Tiger. Except for UTEP, good weekend.
shocked-black-woman.gif

Dallas does not have any cap room to sign him. They have too much dead cap space, as they are still paying Tony Romo believe it or not. Secondly, he does not help their situation, a good TE like Gates may have. They are set on slot receivers and a 3 yard pass to Gordon is the same as a 3 yd pass to Butler. There is no difference. They let Bryant go because they don't need a deep threat if you can't throw the ball to him. Secondly, he does not run routes. Thirdly, Dallas has enough players on suspension every single year, why have another headache. New England can deal with these guys because they won't hesitate to throw him out the door, Dallas with no discipline would be like a guy with a gambling problem moving to Las Vegas.
Dallas did have the cap room to sign him. Gordon's salary is only 750k and Dallas has like 10.8 million to spend. And he still would have been a huge upgrade over our WR's.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Dallas did have the cap room to sign him. Gordon's salary is only 750k and Dallas has like 10.8 million to spend. And he still would have been a huge upgrade over our WR's.
Again, if you read what anyone is saying, you still have to have someone throw the ball to him. Dallas could have 6 great receivers, but again, a 3 yd pass to Josh Gordon is a 3 yd pass to Butler. Dak cannot throw deep, and has not proved it yet. It has nothing to do with the receivers. Dallas has a problem because everyone knows he cannot throw deep. So, they go one on one with their receivers and put everyone else to stop the run. Dallas has the real problem at TE. He is a better blocker than pass catcher. That is where they are missing the most, and Gates would have helped. Gordon does nothing for a team with a QB that cannot throw deep. Why would they get a bunch of slot receivers and not worry about getting a deep threat. Why would they dummy up the offense? Because Dallas has a weak QB that can't go deep is your answer.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Jerry has now gone senile. I guess we are stuck with Prescott for a long time since Jerry thinks he is like J.Goff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocketsr
Jerry has now gone senile. I guess we are stuck with Prescott for a long time since Jerry thinks he is like J.Goff.
Now gone senile........He has been senile for years. Ever since he said he was the reason for their Super Bowl wins, not Jimmy Johnson. The problem is that we are stuck with him and nothing will ever change as long as he is the guy making the decisions. Remember he was trying to trade up to get Paxton Lynch (no longer in the NFL after 1 year) and Johnny Manziel. He lucked out that Prescott was decent as defenses had not adjusted to his non existent deep ball his first year, and Dallas never made any more additions. Now, like you said, we are stuck and there is not much we can do.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Goff threw more TD’s in the 2nd quarter in Thursday’s game than Prescott has thrown this entire season. But our offenses are very similar.

I just saw Dak throw a beautiful deep ball to Ezekiel Elliott to put them in field goal range for a potential game-winning field goal.

As long as Jerruh is coach, GM and Owner, Cowboys won't be anything but average. Jimmy Johnson was the architect of the early 90s SuperBowls. Luckily for Jerruh he worked with and listened to Jimmy in creating those teams. Ever since Jerruh decided he could do it all, it was Doomsday for Doomsday....

garrettjones.jpg

Reactions: mikesarabia
I just saw Dak throw a beautiful deep ball to Ezekiel Elliott to put them in field goal range for a potential game-winning field goal.
Wow, and I have seen the Miners QB throw a deep pass as well. Maybe you should be buying Super Bowl tickets now while they are cheaper.

Wow, and I have seen the Miners QB throw a deep pass as well. Maybe you should be buying Super Bowl tickets now while they are cheaper.
The Cowboys won 13 games Dak's rookie season, I think. Certainly it's possible to win with Dak; we've seen it.

Dak needs to be able to throw a play action pass opened up by Zeke's running game, and I think Dak is good enough for that. He takes care of the ball pretty well (he's certainly better than Romo in that respect) and can hit all the dink and dunk throws. Unfortunately, the Cowboys are struggling to find deep threats to carry out their play action game. That's the missing piece.

If the offense were built around Dak as a throw-happy team, maybe Dak wouldn't be the best choice, but the offense is built around Zeke, and I think Dak is perfectly serviceable for that kind of offense.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
The Cowboys won 13 games Dak's rookie season, I think. Certainly it's possible to win with Dak; we've seen it.

Dak needs to be able to throw a play action pass opened up by Zeke's running game, and I think Dak is good enough for that. He takes care of the ball pretty well (he's certainly better than Romo in that respect) and can hit all the dink and dunk throws. Unfortunately, the Cowboys are struggling to find deep threats to carry out their play action game. That's the missing piece.

If the offense were built around Dak as a throw-happy team, maybe Dak wouldn't be the best choice, but the offense is built around Zeke, and I think Dak is perfectly serviceable for that kind of offense.

Gallup certainly has potential. Hurns has been nonexistent. Williams is a no 2 at best, and Beasley is a slot guy, at best.

Jason Garrett is such a p***y! He has no balls. SMH.
Sorry play calling costs them over and over. Kept running Zeke when he wasn't getting holes. Too predictable! Dak needs to be throwing on first down and running keeps opening up the field for Zeke . Disgusting!

The fake reverse fake play action that resulted in a sack towards the end of regulation was about the dumbest play call possible for that moment. Forward plays were all we needed to get in field goal range.

You can't run the ball when 8 guys are in the box daring you to throw deep. Coaches know he can't throw deep because if he could they wouldn't keep running the ball with 8 men in it. Opponents know Dak sucks at throwing the ball down the field and play the Cowboys that way. All this talk about slinging the ball all over the field after the Seattle game is just talk when you don't have the skills to do it. One pass here and there does not make a QB. If not for the defense, Dallas would not even be in any of the games, they would be getting blown out. They stopped them inside the 5, 3 times, and once on downs.

I am very "proud" of Dak last night. He threw just as many TD passes as Goff did yesterday, and T. Austin had a 44 yard catch, longer than any Rams WR had yesterday. It sure is a great feeling having an offense just like the Rams offense.

I'm not sure that some of you actually watch the games objectively, but just parrot the fact that Dak "cannot throw the ball deep". I'm no football expert, but I think he played just fine last night. I thought it was a hell of a game. The Houston D-line is ridiculous and Houston had a nice offensive game plan to get the ball out quick (to almost nulify ours). Hopkins is a beast. Either team could have won. A few bad plays/playcalls here and there hurt. That play that I mentioned above was horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT