ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Again, it does not matter what Dallas does at this point. With Jerry pulling the strings, the team will continue to decline until there is enough blowback and pressure that he is forced to step down.

If he signs Dak for 40 a year because he feels that will fix the problem, it will decimate the team and it will implode around him. They need to hit rock bottom and build with the draft like they did with Jimmy Johnson. If he keeps wheeling and dealing like the amateur he is, this team is destined to be the laughingstock of the NFL for years.

Never thought it would be more frustrating and maddening watching The Cowboys than The Miners. Not even close right now.
In these last two games, for me, the Miners were more maddening than the Cowboys. The Miners lost two games that they should have won. The Cowboys, without Dak, have no chance to win and have already checked out on the season, so I've kind of checked out on them. I'm more invested in UTEP right now and those losses hurt more than the Cowboys.

In these last two games, for me, the Miners were more maddening than the Cowboys. The Miners lost two games that they should have won. The Cowboys, without Dak, have no chance to win and have already checked out on the season, so I've kind of checked out on them. I'm more invested in UTEP right now and those losses hurt more than the Cowboys.
But......with The Miners it's a matter of not giving up like The Cowboys have. The Cowboys show no desire and no sorrow and the lack of any kind of any payback reaction for the dirty hit on Dalton says it all. Can't even stand up for their QB.

Reactions: Rocketsr
LOL, there's no way the Cowboys picked up that 1st down on that sneak.

I'll take all the sympathy calls, though!

Worst team in football. Dinucci is ****ing AWFUL. How'd that dude even make the NFL?

This is Jerruh's team and they play just like it......This year is a microcosm of how the Cowboys have been managed through the years with Jerruh's narcissistic personality disorder (thinking he is an expert at everything he touches/owns). Unfortunately it is a love/hate relationship with me...mostly the latter due to the management of the team.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
This is Jerruh's team and they play just like it......This year is a microcosm of how the Cowboys have been managed through the years with Jerruh's narcissistic personality disorder (thinking he is an expert at everything he touches/owns). Unfortunately it is a love/hate relationship with me...mostly the latter due to the management of the team.
Cowboy hater because of Jerry but this current disaster is not his fault but he has too own it. Zeke is showing he is no leader and not worth top tier rb money. On the flip side, the D line is doing lunch pail hard work.

Cowboy hater because of Jerry but this current disaster is not his fault but he has too own it. Zeke is showing he is no leader and not worth top tier rb money. On the flip side, the D line is doing lunch pail hard work.

The big question in Dallas is Gilbert. If he develops into a decent QB, you can use him to begin to rebuild the team. It is a losing proposition in signing Dak to a franchise tag of 37 or a contract of 40 million a year. With the cap so much lower this year, and even lower the following, you will not be able to sign anyone else. You will have Dak, Lamb, Zeke, and no one else. Basically 4 to 5 years of losing especially with no one to block for them.

The problem is exactly what you said, Jerry is too stupid to do the Jimmy Johnson thing and rebuild from the bottom up. He is still under the belief that they can win now. This is an impossibility without re-building the O-line and the defense. If Gilbert does not pan out, it is possible that Dallas can draft Trevor Lawrence and use the rookie contract to be able to re-build. If that is the case, you should Trade Zeke to get more draft picks. Yet, I am sure like Gurley, Dallas will have to release him as there will be no takers.

We all know that Jerry will continue to implode the team, and this will just continue to happen. At the least, you need a very strong disciplinarian coach that will hold the players accountable. Dumb mistakes and penalties over and over should not be tolerated. Jim Harbaugh did it with the 49ers. The players hated him, yet he went to the NFC Championship the first year, the Super Bowl in the second and again the NFC championship in the third. He was fired after his 4th season due to fighting with the GM over decisions. This of course will never happen because he is not a puppet and will give Jerry a hard time.

My prediction is that Jerry re-signs Dak to a huge contract and Dallas does not make the playoffs for at least 4 plus years. Then the re-build process begins and it takes another 3 to 4 to get back to the playoffs. Either there is a revolt among Cowboy fans for Jerry to step away, which I doubt as they are delusional and living off the 90's as America's Team, or this team is headed to a very dark period.

Reactions: JCorona
The big question in Dallas is Gilbert. If he develops into a decent QB, you can use him to begin to rebuild the team. It is a losing proposition in signing Dak to a franchise tag of 37 or a contract of 40 million a year. With the cap so much lower this year, and even lower the following, you will not be able to sign anyone else. You will have Dak, Lamb, Zeke, and no one else. Basically 4 to 5 years of losing especially with no one to block for them.

The problem is exactly what you said, Jerry is too stupid to do the Jimmy Johnson thing and rebuild from the bottom up. He is still under the belief that they can win now. This is an impossibility without re-building the O-line and the defense. If Gilbert does not pan out, it is possible that Dallas can draft Trevor Lawrence and use the rookie contract to be able to re-build. If that is the case, you should Trade Zeke to get more draft picks. Yet, I am sure like Gurley, Dallas will have to release him as there will be no takers.

We all know that Jerry will continue to implode the team, and this will just continue to happen. At the least, you need a very strong disciplinarian coach that will hold the players accountable. Dumb mistakes and penalties over and over should not be tolerated. Jim Harbaugh did it with the 49ers. The players hated him, yet he went to the NFC Championship the first year, the Super Bowl in the second and again the NFC championship in the third. He was fired after his 4th season due to fighting with the GM over decisions. This of course will never happen because he is not a puppet and will give Jerry a hard time.

My prediction is that Jerry re-signs Dak to a huge contract and Dallas does not make the playoffs for at least 4 plus years. Then the re-build process begins and it takes another 3 to 4 to get back to the playoffs. Either there is a revolt among Cowboy fans for Jerry to step away, which I doubt as they are delusional and living off the 90's as America's Team, or this team is headed to a very dark period.
How about leveraging Dak's injury to negotiate a smaller salary? I don't think he's going to be able to command THAT kind of salary with his injury. I thought Dak was playing very well prior to the injury, so if we can keep him with a smaller salary, I would be happy with that. I don't see the need to blow up the offense and gamble on a new, rookie QB (always unproven at the NFL level).

The D is the bigger problem. The Cowboys need to build up their D.

Jerry came out yesterday and said Dak would be back next year. So, my bet is that they franchise tag him for $37 million to see what they have. Which to me, is a big mistake.
Yes, the Defense is a big problem but, we need offensive linemen as well. They are getting old and injury prone. Elliot looks a shell of himself. He always had the line to run behind. Pollard seems like the better back right now. This team is on its last legs. Dak can't win behind this line. He has always had a great O-line in front of him, and will not be successful without one. Jerry keeps blowing smoke up everyone's ass that we are on the precipice of a championship and most Cowboy fans believe it, that is how he can continue to get away with it. We are not a quick fix away. Until Cowboy fans and Jerry realize it, we are doomed to continue to repeat the same crap over and over.

Again, all you have to do is go back to 1996, and no divisional playoff wins. It is time to start over. Pray Gilbert pans out, Jerry comes to his senses (never going to happen), and they do not re-sign Dak. We need that money to re-build the team.

Secondly, do you really think with Jerry there that this team will ever be right? What has Jerry done since Jimmy Johnson built the team from the ground up? He is a great owner, even though he meddles way too much, but as a GM he has been an utter failure. Any decent success recently has been due to his son. Remember Jerry kept denigrating his son and calling him a bitch when he disagreed with him (as did every single scout, and coach) and over ruled him when he wanted Johnny Manziel over Zach Martin.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, It's all about Jerry and his braggadocious type of ego with the Cowboys. I toured AT&T stadium recently and when you go to the memorabilia section of the tour (pictures and cotton bowl section), all they can really point to are SuperBowls from the 90s and earlier (almost 30 years ago). In the college hall they address the Cotton Bowl with pictures of previous star players, including Roger Staubach who off to the side, but the biggest picture that is located in the center of the collage is a life size picture of Jerry Jones in his Arkansas uniform (now that is a BIG ego). I just had to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

My wife is from Kansas City and they have a class organization. It is a total 180 from Jerry World. The Hunt's are about the city, the fans and the team (not about the owner). They have a really good GM. It has been fun watching them improve under Andy Reid. I am very happy for their success.

All NFC East teams now have 3 wins each.

The Cowboys these last two games (giving the undefeated Steelers all they could handle) look like they decided not to give up on the season, after all. I wonder what lit a fire under their butts?

Gotta respect their effort. Thought Dalton showed courage and grit.

Cowboys played well last week with Gilbert at QB despite the loss. They almost hung a loss on the undefeated Steelers. Today, they got a win against a pretty decent Vikings team. Maybe there is hope for next year.

Cowboys played well last week with Gilbert at QB despite the loss. They almost hung a loss on the undefeated Steelers. Today, they got a win against a pretty decent Vikings team. Maybe there is hope for next year.
What the heck does Pollard have to do to get any respect? This Memphis rb won the game for you all and has been consistent all year despite rest of team.

Don't let the Tryptophan's settle you loco Dallas fans. Dalton was Cincy's Tony Romo; all hat, no cattle Eagle Scout boyish persona who delivers nothing (let's not forget he was a Mike Price recruit who had UTEP on his short list).

What the heck does Pollard have to do to get any respect? This Memphis rb won the game for you all and has been consistent all year despite rest of team.

Tony Pollard is definitely a bright spot on this otherwise dreadful team. I'm not really looking for the Cowboys to compete for a championship again for as long as the Jones' own the team. They're truly the "all hat no cattle" people in this. As long as the money keep rolling in -- and it will -- they'll continue to put a mediocre product on the field.

You can look at the win 2 ways:

One that it was a great win and if they can play like that the rest of the year, they will most likely win the division:
Remaining games for Cowboys: Washington, at Ravens, At Bengals, 49ers, Eagles, at Giants. SOS 26
Remaining games for Giants; at Bengals, at Seattle, Cardinals, Browns, at Ravens, Cowboys SOS 22
Remaining games for Washington: at Cowboys, at Steelers, at 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers, at Eagles SOS 11
Remaining games for Eagles: Seahawks, at Packers, Saints, at Cardinals, at Cowboys, Washington. SOS 5

Clearly, the Cowboys have the easiest schedule to win the NFC East and secure a playoff position.

Or, Jerry Jones will blow smoke up the asses of the fans, and continue to say that the team is a championship team and this proves it. Even though they get destroyed in their one and only playoff game.
With the addition of Dak and his 37-40 million a year contract, Jerry exclaims they are a Super Bowl team. Therefore, he then has no money left to make additions to the defense and the aging offensive line. The salary cap will be even lower the following year and Dallas is stuck for 3 more years, and eventually has to rebuild but threw 3 years away doing it.

Smart thing to do:

If Dalton pans out, sign him to a much lower contract if possible, and keep Gilbert. Use the money to build the defense and offense line. You will no longer have the draft pick you would have secured before due to the record being better. There are enough young players to build the offense around: Pollard, Lamb, Schultz, Jarwin, Gilbert, Gallop, and Wilson. Elliot is already signed and no one will take him on a trade with that contract. You might as well keep him during the re-building.

Will Jerry do the smart thing? We already know he won't. Only 3 wild card wins since 96, and no divisional playoff wins. Yet, every year Jerry says the same thing, next year is the year and we are a championship team. Why would he ever do the smart thing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT