ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Like I said, name 16 QBs better than him? If you're not able to name them, you should understand exactly why he got paid. The market is always going to dictate the price.

Dude had 13TDs and 4 turnovers in 4 1/2 games.
Well, I can name at least 11 off the top of my head: Allen, Watson, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Herbert, Jackson, Mayfield, Murray, Roethlisberger. Of course someone could name more, and some could name less, highly subjective. Tannehill might even be the 12th. Carr is not on this list because he has no playoff wins.

I would gladly trade any of those for Dak and fix other positions. As you just saw, Green Bay did not franchise tag Jones, they are closer to a Super Bowl than Dallas, but are smart enough to know it is time to start re-building.

Like I said, name 16 QBs better than him? If you're not able to name them, you should understand exactly why he got paid. The market is always going to dictate the price.

Dude had 13TDs and 4 turnovers in 4 1/2 games.
It’s not so much that Dak can’t get the job done. He’s in the top 16 QBs in my opinion. He’s upper middle of the pack. But it’s like others have said, that we robbed Peter to pay Paul. I think axing said Dak can’t do it alone, however, he’s basically gonna have to now that we have nothing more than scraps to build a team around him. Not a good business decision!

I just read an article that has some ideas of how Dallas can free some cap space by making some internal moves. It is an interesting read. I think UTEP2Step was correct along these lines. I am just with Fanatico that the price was too high as the cost that comes with it was not worth it from a team standpoint.

Well, I can name at least 11 off the top of my head: Allen, Watson, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Herbert, Jackson, Mayfield, Murray, Roethlisberger. Of course someone could name more, and some could name less, highly subjective. Tannehill might even be the 12th. Carr is not on this list because he has no playoff wins.

I would gladly trade any of those for Dak and fix other positions. As you just saw, Green Bay did not franchise tag Jones, they are closer to a Super Bowl than Dallas, but are smart enough to know it is time to start re-building.

Good thing you don't have a job in the NFL. Half the people that you named are nowhere near as talented as Dak and even more importantly they haven't performed better than him. Guess that's why fans is short for fanatics.

It’s not so much that Dak can’t get the job done. He’s in the top 16 QBs in my opinion. He’s upper middle of the pack. But it’s like others have said, that we robbed Peter to pay Paul. I think axing said Dak can’t do it alone, however, he’s basically gonna have to now that we have nothing more than scraps to build a team around him. Not a good business decision!

When's the last time a below average quarterback won the super bowl?

Who ever said anything about elite? Also, Nick Foles was above average. He's not anymore now though.
Well, Dak is getting paid 2nd-highest-in-the-league bucks, so he'd better be elite.

Carson Wentz looked like a world-beater that season. He's looked pretty pedestrian since. After he got injured that season, Nick Foles stepped in and looked like a world-beater.

Sometimes, when the whole team is good, the QB looks pretty good, too. Maybe it had something to do with both Wentz and Foles looking pretty good that season, and not so much since.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Well, Dak is getting paid 2nd-highest-in-the-league bucks, so he'd better be elite.

Carson Wentz looked like a world-beater that season. He's looked pretty pedestrian since. After he got injured that season, Nick Foles stepped in and looked like a world-beater.

Sometimes, when the whole team is good, the QB looks pretty good, too. Maybe it had something to do with both Wentz and Foles looking pretty good that season, and not so much since.

Dak will be top 5 paid by next offseason and top 8 the following. The price goes up every year.

That Philly team was ok, but there weren't any studs on the offense. Foles was just playing at another level that offseason.

I don't understand it, but somehow, by not tagging Dak with the franchise tag and instead just signing a contract with him for a bajillion dollars to keep him here, the Cowboys somehow don't take a big hit to the salary cap? Well, if that's the case, then I guess it was a good move, after all.

Good thing you don't have a job in the NFL. Half the people that you named are nowhere near as talented as Dak and even more importantly they haven't performed better than him. Guess that's why fans is short for fanatics.
I told you it was subjective, and yet you act like it is not. If you want, I can post 5 lists on here that say the same thing by writers from bleach report, NFL.com, SI, etc. You keep saying IF IF IF IF with your research. Well Dak played 4 games last year, not the whole season, and all you are doing is basing his numbers as if he played the whole season and broke every record in the NFL. The guy won 1 game by a miracle on side kick in and lost 3. He has one wildcard win. Even Baker Mayfield won a playoff game, and actually beat a good team doing it. So, did Josh Allen. Heck, Nick Foles won a Super Bowl.

I didn't read an article from you on any of those sites. Only on a UTEP board. So stop thinkin your opinion means anything more than anyone else. Go write for those sites if you disagree with them and think you can do better.

Yeah, it is a great thing that I am not the GM of the Dallas Cowboys and only have no divisional playoff wins since 1995. Obviously, Jerry has been making great decisions all this time. Some expert he has turned out to be. I don't know anyone that has done a worse job than that.

Do you work for the NFL? Well, than what is your point? Your opinion is no better than anyone else on this board, so get off your high horse.

Last edited:
I told you it was subjective, and yet you act like it is not. If you want, I can post 5 lists on here that say the same thing by writers from bleach report, NFL.com, SI, etc. You keep saying IF IF IF IF with your research. Well Dak played 4 games last year, not the whole season, and all you are doing is basing his numbers as if he played the whole season and broke every record in the NFL. The guy won 1 game by a miracle on side kick in and lost 3. He has one wildcard win. Even Baker Mayfield won a playoff game, and actually beat a good team doing it. So, did Josh Allen. Heck, Nick Foles won a Super Bowl.

I didn't read an article from you on any of those sites. Only on a UTEP board. So stop thinkin your opinion means anything more than anyone else. Go write for those sites if you disagree with them and think you can do better.

Yeah, it is a great thing that I am not the GM of the Dallas Cowboys and only have no divisional playoff wins since 1995. Obviously, Jerry has been making great decisions all this time. Some expert he has turned out to be. I don't know anyone that has done a worse job than that.

Do you work for the NFL? Well, than what is your point? Your opinion is no better than anyone else on this board, so get off your high horse.

Post the links to these articles that say there are 11 QBs better than Dak. Please let them be current articles.

Not sure why a debate has you so upset, but maybe online forums aren't for you if you cant handle someone challenging your position. Just something to think about. Either way no hard feelings on my end, I just don't agree with you.

Post the links to these articles that say there are 11 QBs better than Dak. Please let them be current articles.

Not sure why a debate has you so upset, but maybe online forums aren't for you if you cant handle someone challenging your position. Just something to think about. Either way no hard feelings on my end, I just don't agree with you.

I can care less that you disagree, and yet you have not given any reasons, just ask me to prove why I don't. The problem is that you just state an opinion, but there is nothing backing it up. You just keep disagreeing.

I can care less that you disagree, and yet you have not given any reasons, you just keep asking me to prove why I don't. The problem is that you just state an opinion, but there is nothing backing it up. You just keep disagreeing.
16th

12th

The guy is a tier 2 in fantasy rankings.

8th

Now, instead of just throwing out your opinion, back it up with some analytical evidence instead of making someone else do all the work. I have explained my position from many points, and you have not.

Every ranking is at least before the 2020 season. Since he was basically 0-4, I see no reason for it to be much different. Projections for a football season are just projections, so saying he was going to have the greatest season of all time has no merit.

Last edited:
When's the last time a below average quarterback won the super bowl?

It depends on your rankings of the QBs. Was Nick Foles in your top 16? What are your rankings so we can see what below average is. How do you determine below average? The argument can be made that there are few below average QBs in the NFL right now.

I can care less that you disagree, and yet you have not given any reasons, you just keep asking me to prove why I don't. The problem is that you just state an opinion, but there is nothing backing it up. You just keep disagreeing.
16th

12th

The guy is a tier 2 in fantasy rankings.

8th

Now, instead of just throwing out your opinion, back it up with some analytical evidence instead of making someone else do all the work. I have explained my position from many points, and you have not.

Every ranking is at least before the 2020 season. Since he was basically 0-4, I see no reason for it to be much different. Projections for a football season are just projections, so saying he was going to have the greatest season of all time has no merit.

First link clearly states that he would be higher had he not played only 5 games. Not valid for your claims.

Second is out dated. Not valid for your claims.

Third one is fantasy football rankings and has nothing to do with real football. Not valid for your claims.

Fourth one is also outdated. Not valid for your claims.

So basically, you for one current ranking that states he would be higher if not for the injury. Do you think he is the reason for the terrible defense or something? That's the reason they were 1-3 last season. He led them to the top passing attack in the league during his 4 1/2 games. Not sure what more you are expecting from him. As for analytical evidence, I already listed is TDs and turnovers. If that's not evidence then I guess we'll just have to go with your opinion then.

First link clearly states that he would be higher had he not played only 5 games. Not valid for your claims.

Second is out dated. Not valid for your claims.

Third one is fantasy football rankings and has nothing to do with real football. Not valid for your claims.

Fourth one is also outdated. Not valid for your claims.

So basically, you for one current ranking that states he would be higher if not for the injury. Do you think he is the reason for the terrible defense or something? That's the reason they were 1-3 last season. He led them to the top passing attack in the league during his 4 1/2 games. Not sure what more you are expecting from him. As for analytical evidence, I already listed is TDs and turnovers. If that's not evidence then I guess we'll just have to go with your opinion then.
I completely disagree that they are not valid. He did not play more than 4 games, so therefore the rankings are the same. Again you are basing something that did not happen all on conjecture. He may have had a great season, and then again, he may have not. There is no basis if it did not happen.

So if a guy throws over 50 passes in a game, he is going to put up a ton of numbers. If a guy shoots 49 shots in a basketball game, there is a great chance he scores 20 points.

I completely disagree that they are not valid. He did not play more than 4 games, so therefore the rankings are the same. Again you are basing something that did not happen all on conjecture. He may have had a great season, and then again, he may have not. There is no basis if it did not happen.

So if a guy throws over 50 passes in a game, he is going to put up a ton of numbers. If a guy shoots 49 shots in a basketball game, there is a great chance he scores 20 points.

I'm basing it on the games that he actually played. He was the number one quarterback in the league until he got hurt. He got paid based on that four game production and damn near any team in the league if given the opportunity would have paid him just as much if not more. He is not the reason the cowboys sucked. He was the only reason they were remotely watchable.

A bunch of teams will start restructuring contracts to make cap space for the condensed salary cap this season. The Cowboys can make even more space if they want (Cooper, Elliot and Lawrence) and I don't think it will even hurt them later since the salary cap is expected to go up significantly each of the next 2 seasons.

Cowboys will have 17 million+ and it can all goes towards the defense.

A bunch of teams will start restructuring contracts to make cap space for the condensed salary cap this season. The Cowboys can make even more space if they want (Cooper, Elliot and Lawrence) and I don't think it will even hurt them later since the salary cap is expected to go up significantly each of the next 2 seasons.

Cowboys will have 17 million+ and it can all goes towards the defense.
This are some of the things that they can still do.

Reactions: axingfools1
Seriously they should trade back to acquire more picks. With the monster contracts they have, they need more rookie contracts for the future.

Would have rather they went with an OL. Oh, and not have traded with the Eagles so they could take a guy to shred our secondary for the next decade.
Philly was next anyway weren't they? I like the pick, but hopefully they can find a way to sure up at cornerback.

Should they trade back up to get Farley?

Will there be a slightly above average run blocking tight end available?
Don't need one. Jarwin was hurt all year, he will be coming back. They are saying that Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. That was a good pick. Shoring up the defense is the number one priority of many.

I’m a Broncos fan and was hoping for Parsons. Think he will be a great player. Just sucks it will be for Dallas.
CBS Sports:

"Grade: B

Do the Cowboys really need a linebacker? I know their linebackers didn't play as well last year, but this wasn't a major need."

"Grade: A

Denver

I love his game. He is one of those corners who will be sound from the minute he steps on the field. He will be a star."

CBS Sports:

"Grade: B

Do the Cowboys really need a linebacker? I know their linebackers didn't play as well last year, but this wasn't a major need."

"Grade: A

Denver

I love his game. He is one of those corners who will be sound from the minute he steps on the field. He will be a star."

I don't put any stock into the media grades. They kept insisting, over and over that Fields was going to be in the top of the draft and that he could be the best QB, regardless of the scouts saying over and over that there was some issues. It was as if they dismissed anything you had to say about him unless it was 100% positive. They are still saying the Bears got a steal. If that is the case, why did Zack Wilson and Trey Lance go before him?

Secondly, CB, would have been optimal, but with our linebackers always hurt, and Jaylen Smith not living up to his contract, we are weak there as well.

I agree, media grades are completely pointless. I like the Parsons pick. He makes the defense better. There are still good quality OL available in day 2 that we can grab.

Reactions: Rocketsr
I don't put any stock into the media grades. They kept insisting, over and over that Fields was going to be in the top of the draft and that he could be the best QB, regardless of the scouts saying over and over that there was some issues. It was as if they dismissed anything you had to say about him unless it was 100% positive. They are still saying the Bears got a steal. If that is the case, why did Zack Wilson and Trey Lance go before him?

Secondly, CB, would have been optimal, but with our linebackers always hurt, and Jaylen Smith not living up to his contract, we are weak there as well.
I didn't like the quick interview with Fields after his pick. He seemed VERY immature

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT