ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Cowboys win, Washington loses, Cowboys have a chance to beat Washington on Thanksgiving for a share of the lead in the East.

The East is so bad...

With our QB gone and 3/5's of our o-line gone would be surprised if my Skins win.

Cowboys win, Washington loses, Cowboys have a chance to beat Washington on Thanksgiving for a share of the lead in the East.

The East is so bad...
The problem is one that I have spoken about many times before, in that Jerry Jones will not make any changes if we get into the playoffs. Next year, it will be the same, and our issues will not be dealt with.
Hard for a Cowboys fan that wants the team to make the playoffs, but also have to be realistic and know we will be destroyed by the other playoff teams, and then balance the fact that Jerry will be satisfied and nothing will be changed. Quite the dilemma.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
The problem is one that I have spoken about many times before, in that Jerry Jones will not make any changes if we get into the playoffs. Next year, it will be the same, and our issues will not be dealt with.
Hard for a Cowboys fan that wants the team to make the playoffs, but also have to be realistic and know we will be destroyed by the other playoff teams, and then balance the fact that Jerry will be satisfied and nothing will be changed. Quite the dilemma.
The NFL is divided into mainly 3 types of owners: Those who want to provide "an atmosphere of enjoyable entertainment". Two, just "show me the money". And Third, those who want a playoff bound product on the field, every year.

The Glazer family (Bucs) and Jones clan (Cowboys) are my first ilk. Shoot the canons, make and eat on a stupid ship. Get your picture on a blue star or blow your work bonus on eateries and high five in the tunnel. These are day to day dollars for them the stadium generates.

Let me ask you this? Denver is struggling this year. Do you actually think the Denver ownership will keep a legendary NFL qb around that much longer as manager? No. I give Elway one more year. Same goes for Green Bay, Baltimore or Pittsburgh who are more demanding for a playoff team everyday.

It sucks but it is 100% true. If Dallas makes the playoffs, Jerry is going to make Dak one of the top 3 highest paid QB's in the league because he has led us to 2 playoff appearances and is only 25 years old. And the Amari Cooper overpay trade was what this offense needed to get over the top and make the playoffs according to Jerry. So ya, if we make the playoffs, nothing will change. Even if we get a new coach, he is just going to be Jerry's puppet like Garrett is. The Saints game in a few weeks is going to show us where this team is at.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Cowboys have won three in a row and are sitting in first place in the division since the Cooper deal.

At the moment it looks as if Jerry made a smart move.

Im still not sold on the Cooper trade. Both TD's yesterday were the result of the Washington CB slipping and the secondary missing a tackle. Take away those 2 Washington mistakes and he has his usual 50 yard receiving game. We finally play a legit playoff caliber team on Thursday, and we will finally see how we stack up against one.

Last edited:
Im still not sold on the Cooper trade. Both TD's yesterday were the result of the Washington CB slipping and the secondary missing a tackle. Take away those 2 Washington mistakes and he has his usual 50 yard receiving game. We finally play a legit playoff caliber team on Thursday, and we will finally see how we stack up against one.
Cooper has the play-making ability to capitalize on those mistakes. Not every receiver would have made it to the end zone.

And, I think his route-running contributed to the CB slipping. He has the ability to get open and get separation, and he faked out his defender. And even if he's "only" getting 50 yards in a game, that's because other teams are dedicating more resources into defending him, which in turn helps the other receivers get open.

I said earlier this season that the missing piece was a play-making receiver, and the Cowboys offense has indeed looked more potent since we've added Cooper.

Reactions: axingfools1
I guess we could argue all day whether it was skill or error for Cooper's 2 TD's. As Cowboys fans, the bottom line is it helped us get into 1 st place in the division.

I think the offense has looked the same since we have added Cooper. We still rarely throw the ball over 10 yards on passing plays. Dak's completions and yards per game have pretty much been the same as pre Copper games. And playing 3 bad teams the past 3 weeks has helped. We still have Dak at QB though. Gallup had like 4 steps on the CB late in 4th quarter and Dak badly under threw him as usual. Those are the type of throws Dak needs to make if we want to advance in the playoffs.

The Saints game will show us if Cooper has improved this offense. Dak and company are going to have to make a few big plays to have a chance against the Saints.

I think both of you are right, as I still question Dak's accuracy at passes over 20 yards. Those really didn't prove anything as Cooper did it all himself.
The real test will be against the Saints at home next week. If we get handled easily, that should be the test that Garrett is measured by, not the playoff or bust call we had before the year started. Truthfully, the only reason Dallas is even in the playoff conversation is that the division is horrid. If the Eagles have the season everyone expected, the division race is over. Just because they make the playoffs, it should not save Garrett's job.

The Dallas D is salty. Finally more than one dimension to the offense, also. Best they’ve looked in a long time!

Reactions: unihorn
Are you kidding. Houston had won only 1 game all year, and had not won 2 games in a row since 2016. You act like they are one of the best teams in the league. And obviously you are not a football expert if you think Dak had a great game. (1 pass to Beasley when he was covered 1 on 1 all game). Dak had a mediocore game at best.
Again, one lucky long pass down the field on a wild scramble does not make a QB, nor does it prove he can throw deep. Just stay there and keep saying otherwise, like all the delusional Cowboy fans of yesteryear and believe the crap they are putting on the field like Jerry keeps giving you. That is a game you can't lose if you are any type of team. Stop making excuses and call it what it is. Or you will be sorry when they sign Dak to a huge contract that is coming up, and you are stuck with him and his lousy deep ball skills. It will be a revision of the Quincy Carter days all over again.
This sounds like the give Floyd another season argument all over again. Ridiculous on what Cowboy fans settle for nowadays. 2 playoff wins in 20 years, and both wild card games, and they feed you this crap, and you eat it up like Jones wants you too. Sad, very sad.
Houston hasn't lost since and now the cowboys are rolling with their defense. Like I said I'm no football expert, but the Texans looked pretty stout that day.

Dak and our OC are not the greatest combination, but obtaining Cooper has opened things up enough for us to win. If they can just get the pedal closer to floor, this team could roll.

What do we do with Lee? Keep him or trade him for some picks/players?

Houston hasn't lost since and now the cowboys are rolling with their defense. Like I said I'm no football expert, but the Texans looked pretty stout that day.

Dak and our OC are not the greatest combination, but obtaining Cooper has opened things up enough for us to win. If they can just get the pedal closer to floor, this team could roll.

What do we do with Lee? Keep him or trade him for some picks/players?
Assuming you're referring to Sean Lee, sadly I believe his career is coming to an end. He just can't remain healthy. I don't see any teams willing to trade picks or players for him. If Lee were released outright, which I believe the Cowboys will do in the offseason with the emergence of Vander Esch, then I can see a team taking a chance with him for the veteran's minimum salary.

Dak still hasn't proved he can throw the ball over 20 yards. He holds the ball too long (7 sacks) and has not learned how to protect it. He is a competent QB, but will be no superstar. I would not sign him to an extension until he proves it next year.
As for Garrett, I still want him gone. The defense is what has kept us in every single game this year, not the offense. Garrett needs to go as the win against NO has proven we have the talent to win, but do not, and that is what got David Lee fired when we beat BYU. (well, one of the reasons)

Dak still hasn't proved he can throw the ball over 20 yards. He holds the ball too long (7 sacks) and has not learned how to protect it. He is a competent QB, but will be no superstar. I would not sign him to an extension until he proves it next year.
As for Garrett, I still want him gone. The defense is what has kept us in every single game this year, not the offense. Garrett needs to go as the win against NO has proven we have the talent to win, but do not, and that is what got David Lee fired when we beat BYU. (well, one of the reasons)
This is reasonable and I agree that Dak holds the ball WAY too long. I would say let the OC go too. Garrett has just been there too long.

Lee will just get hurt again sorry to say. It really doesn't matter. He should become a defensive coach.

Meh, let him play until he gets hurt again. He’s never been a detriment to the team. He’ll eventually get tired of the injury bug and hang it up.

Meh, let him play until he gets hurt again. He’s never been a detriment to the team. He’ll eventually get tired of the injury bug and hang it up.

There comes a point to where he can be a detriment to himself. Then later they blame the NFL for it. (concussion settlement)
I agree, you can't tell the guy when to stop and he puts his heart and whole body into the game, yet so does Chuck Liddel and he looked like he could barely walk in his last fight.
I really like Lee, I just don't know when he needs to stop.

Better not be any complacency, cockiness, overconfidence, etc today. It's the NFL.

Our sluggish offense is lame. There is no urgency to score touchdowns. We never go for the endzone on 3rd and goal. I guess the coaches think their jobs are safe now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT